LensCrafters Lab Technician Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

2.0

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very laid back and consistent of your basic interview questions. The interview took a few days as you will have to take a basic skills test. Overall it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a lab tech?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LensCrafters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at LensCrafters (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Submit a application to the store and got a call for an interview pretty soon after background check cleared. Took less than a week. The interview questions were all mainly about how you are as a person and not technical at all.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties did you face in a previous job, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LensCrafters (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat in the back with the lab manager and talked about my past work history and how that could be applied to a job with this company. It was for a part time position. Apparently all the other reviews were pretty spot on about this company trying its hardest not to hire full time. Training period would be for three months at 15-20hrs and after that 15-30hrs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a heavy workload to ensure you would get the job done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at LensCrafters (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

2 step interview, drug test is required to start to work. Good at simple algebra.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your major will help you on the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When to start and paid for hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LensCrafters (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Dropped off a resume and within a week had an interview scheduled. Not sure what that says about employee retention, buuuuut... The fact the interview was so easy never led me to believe some of the employees were spawn of Satan.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Management looooooooves to hear themselves talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was told a starting wage and that was that.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

the interview process went very well and the best part was that they where willing to work around my hours

Interview Questions

• what would i do if one of the machine broke down   1 Answer

already had another job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paradise Valley, AZ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at LensCrafters (Paradise Valley, AZ) in December 2011.

Interview

I filled out a resume in the store and got a call back about a week later.
    The interview was very laid back and my future boss asked questions corporate had written down on a list. I could tell he thought they were kind of silly while he was asking them.
    I then had an interview with the store manager, and basically she just talked to me the whole time. All I really had to do was nod and agree with her.
    I took a drug test (they pay for it), and got a call from them to start after they received the drug test results.

Interview Questions

• It's hard to remember since it was a while ago, one was something along the lines of ... "Describe a time you went above and beyond the job requirements" another was something like " Explain a time when you were very frustrated at work".   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's pretty rigid pay scales set by corporate so there wasn't too much of a negotiation. But my bosses saw that I had been making more at my previous jobs than the starting level pay there, so they bumped me up to an intermediate level halfway through the pay grades till I took my Certification test, (which is the highest pay you receive as a lab technician after you pass your certification exam).
     My understanding of how the pay works at LensCrafters is first you make minimum wage(ish) till you learn how to operate the Surfacing side of the lab. Then once you are competent at that you get a pay raise. After you master the next step ("finishing") you get another pay raise. By the end of that process you are somewhere around 9$, (which was close to my starting pay). Then after I got my certification test I was bumped up to 10.25ish. But it took me about 6 months to pass my certification test, and I think that is pretty fast compared to usual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LensCrafters (Manchester, NH) in April 2011.

Interview

Making eyewear cleaning stocking sales customer service answering phones booking eye exams are you dependable do you ha e reliable transportation are you available weekends can you work mornings or evenings

Interview Questions

• This what you will be making does thus sound like something you can do   1 Answer
    • You have 90 days to prove yourself are ok with that   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LensCrafters (North Palm Beach, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

asked me a lot of questions about myself and how I work. All aimed at gettting to know who I am. Offered me the job, then never called and would not take my phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance when you were strapped for time and needed to meet a deadline. What did you do to meet the deadline?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LensCrafters in January 2009.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked for an application, and whether or not they were hiring. They were swamped, and gave me a form. It included a questionnaire, as well as a call-in pre-interview review. It was all very easy, very normal, and very similar to every other application I had filled out previously.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was to raise my right hand. The job requires knowing left from right, and they had previously hired someone who had major difficulties keeping the two separate.   1 Answer