LensCrafters Lab Technician Interview Questions

2.0

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at LensCrafters in August 2013.

Dropped off a resume and within a week had an interview scheduled. Not sure what that says about employee retention, buuuuut... The fact the interview was so easy never led me to believe some of the employees were spawn of Satan.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing. Management looooooooves to hear themselves talk.   Answer Question
No negotiation. Was told a starting wage and that was that.

Other Interview Reviews for LensCrafters

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at LensCrafters.

2 step interview, drug test is required to start to work. Good at simple algebra.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your major will help you on the job?   View Answer
    When to start and paid for hour.

Lab Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at LensCrafters in January 2009.

I walked into the store and asked for an application, and whether or not they were hiring. They were swamped, and gave me a form. It included a questionnaire, as well as a call-in pre-interview review. It was all very easy, very normal, and very similar to every other application I had filled out previously.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was to raise my right hand. The job requires knowing left from right, and they had previously hired someone who had major difficulties keeping the two separate.   View Answer

Lab Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LensCrafters.

the interview process went very well and the best part was that they where willing to work around my hours

Interview Questions
    • what would i do if one of the machine broke down   View Answer

already had another job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paradise Valley, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paradise Valley, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at LensCrafters in December 2011.

I filled out a resume in the store and got a call back about a week later.
    The interview was very laid back and my future boss asked questions corporate had written down on a list. I could tell he thought they were kind of silly while he was asking them.
    I then had an interview with the store manager, and basically she just talked to me the whole time. All I really had to do was nod and agree with her.
    I took a drug test (they pay for it), and got a call from them to start after they received the drug test results.

Interview Questions
    • It's hard to remember since it was a while ago, one was something along the lines of ... "Describe a time you went above and beyond the job requirements" another was something like " Explain a time when you were very frustrated at work".   View Answer
    There's pretty rigid pay scales set by corporate so there wasn't too much of a negotiation. But my bosses saw that I had been making more at my previous jobs than the starting level pay there, so they bumped me up to an intermediate level halfway through the pay grades till I took my Certification test, (which is the highest pay you receive as a lab technician after you pass your certification exam).
     My understanding of how the pay works at LensCrafters is first you make minimum wage(ish) till you learn how to operate the Surfacing side of the lab. Then once you are competent at that you get a pay raise. After you master the next step ("finishing") you get another pay raise. By the end of that process you are somewhere around 9$, (which was close to my starting pay). Then after I got my certification test I was bumped up to 10.25ish. But it took me about 6 months to pass my certification test, and I think that is pretty fast compared to usual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at LensCrafters in July 2010.

asked me a lot of questions about myself and how I work. All aimed at gettting to know who I am. Offered me the job, then never called and would not take my phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • Give an instance when you were strapped for time and needed to meet a deadline. What did you do to meet the deadline?   View Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Was a very short and straight forward interview with small simple questions. nothing of a paricular importance or difficulty. I think it is a easy interview to pass the only hard thing being that they give you a personality test or something like that..and if you do fine on that then you get the job

Lab Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at LensCrafters in August 2009.

I met the manager out shopping and he told me to come and fill out an application. I turned it in and got the job right away. He just wanted someone who was self motivated and eager to better themselves.

Interview Questions
    • There were no true interview questions. They were just trying to figure out who I was and what I could do.   Answer Question

Worked for LensCrafters? Contribute to the Community!