LensCrafters

Very Easy Interview

General Manager Interview

General Manager
East Brunswick, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LensCrafters in April 2010.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews, one involving another store manager and the second involving a regional manager. The questions were pretty standard involving work experience, challenges in current role and ways you solved them, and how you feel you can change the way LensCrafters is run. Lots of business/retail math questions and P&L understanding. You can definitely tell the focus is way more on sales and numbers then the optical end of the business. Most people interacted with were sales/retail background versus optical, like opticians optometrist, etc...

Interview Question – What would you do to impact the usage of LensCrafters account not knowing how the program is structured but knowing it needs to account for 10% of sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate base salary, do not rely on commission or monthly bonus.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LensCrafters in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, one was in person, the second was over the phone. I was asked basic questions such as "Why LensCrafters? What do you know about us? etc." Ultimately this company only cares about making a profit, so they want to hear about how you can make that happen and what skills and experience you bring to the table to substantiate your claim. They are only looking for key words such as accountability, customer retention, customer conversion, and profit. The Regional Managers honestly do very little, so the more you sound self sufficient, the better you look.

Interview Question – "What would you do if you had a poor performer associate that did not meet his/her sales goals? What would you do if they continued?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $70k and they agreed right away. Either I asked for too little and they jumped at it, or they were desperate for managers. I have heard stories that they try to low ball you with offers in the 60s or less, but if you say you want something in the 70s or you will walk they eventually cave in.

Worked for LensCrafters? Contribute to the Community!