Leo Burnett Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.4

IT Interview

Interview

The HR person was very nice. I also had a phone interview with the director she was also nice however i never heard back. I'm not quite sure why I didn't get the job but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening with an HR person who then asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I met with four different people, in 30 minute increments, that all worked in the Client finance side and their interview questions were pretty standard.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 Interviews, manager & senior manager. Pretty easy, asked about knowledge of systems, current team workload, and the needs of the department. I only worked with the HR group as a "home base," they didn't really push me in any direction one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• When I asked about training, there wasn't a formal department training, and that has hard to hear coming stright out of College.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate for a higher salary, and was awarded something higher than initial offer.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with HR first, and then with account teams on four different occasions. One-on-one interviews were 30min, and sometimes I met with more than 5 individuals in one day. You should come with good questions that aren't just about work-life balance. Do your homework once you find out what account you will be interviewing for. HR is very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you encounter a co-worker that doesn't like working with you?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett.

Interview

Went through two phone screenings and a week later was brought in for an interview. The office was very lively.

Interview Questions

• Didn't feel like an interview so it was difficult to know what exactly they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

Senior Creative Technologist Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward, more about your ability to work with others than technical.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview, and we kept missing each other, but once we got on the line, it was a pleasant conversation. Very casual, friendly, hardly felt like a job interview.

Freelance Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

was fairly extensive but without unnecessary steps, felt like i was the person they were looking for when the process was done

Negotiation

they said their rate range for this position, i asked for the highest amount and they gave it to me

Junior Copywriter Interview

Interview

Fantastic informational interview, went through my book with a creative recruiter. They were a bit difficult to get in touch with, but dropping off your resume directly to the office, and addressed to a specific person will be beneficial.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you can explain case studies and background info in regards to various campaigns.   Answer Question

Great program, but I was more keen on working with another Chicago multinational agency.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leo Burnett.

Interview

Came to my school to recruit interns, screened portfolios in advance and scheduled interviews based on the selected work. Interviewer was incredibly friendly and positive--she made the process feel more like sitting down with a friend than it did a formal interview and was clearly head-over-heels for the company.

Interview Questions

• Frankly, there were not many actual questions that I can recall, and none were surprising or unexpected.   Answer Question