Leo Burnett Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Fast and easy i was very comfortable, the manager saw me right away. She was very calm and easy to talk to. She had very good questions. Some you would not normal receive during an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with the HR team. Chatted about my book. Went around to meet with several other teams. Showed teams my book, and chatted about random stuff like interests and where I was from. Went out to lunch with several teams. Took the L back to O'Hare.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty standard. The interview was held with HR and the AD. Focused on experience, and the job description. The interview process was relatively short, but detailed in that a lot of information was shared on both interviewer and interviewee parts, prior to the discussion of an offer. Being able to really speak to the account background is key.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and experience with this type of client?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

The HR person was very nice. I also had a phone interview with the director she was also nice however i never heard back. I'm not quite sure why I didn't get the job but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening with an HR person who then asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I met with four different people, in 30 minute increments, that all worked in the Client finance side and their interview questions were pretty standard.

Print Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

By Phone at the start with Head Manager. In person with the hiring HR manager at corporate headquarters. Details of various positions levels discussed, with salary and bonus based on performances.

Interview Questions

• Information of duties.... Situational...   1 Answer

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to let me know they were very interested in my work. Then they took another 5 days to get the interview scheduled. I had a 9am interview with 4 different creative directors that took about 3.5 hours. it was very casual, almost too casual, but long. I was then led to the door and told they would be in touch. After sending several thank you notes and emails, radio silence. Emails went unanswered for 4 weeks (not even a "we are still in the process, or we will get back to you") until i finally got an email saying they were not interested and I was not the right "fit." but wait, then another email came in saying they might have another position open for an AD/UX creative that they just might be able to modify for my specific talent and background. I was an AD 6 years ago and certainly was not interested in going back for a long shot and /or a lesser title. I also felt very let-down on my expectations of the company itself. I had always aspired to work at Leo Burnett, but I can't see myself going to work for a company with such poor recruiting and communication skills. This was truly disappointing.

Interview Questions

• "so...what's up?" (yes, seriously)   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 Interviews, manager & senior manager. Pretty easy, asked about knowledge of systems, current team workload, and the needs of the department. I only worked with the HR group as a "home base," they didn't really push me in any direction one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• When I asked about training, there wasn't a formal department training, and that has hard to hear coming stright out of College.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate for a higher salary, and was awarded something higher than initial offer.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with HR first, and then with account teams on four different occasions. One-on-one interviews were 30min, and sometimes I met with more than 5 individuals in one day. You should come with good questions that aren't just about work-life balance. Do your homework once you find out what account you will be interviewing for. HR is very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you encounter a co-worker that doesn't like working with you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett.

Interview

Went through two phone screenings and a week later was brought in for an interview. The office was very lively.

Interview Questions

• Didn't feel like an interview so it was difficult to know what exactly they wanted to hear.   Answer Question