Leo Burnett Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett.

2 Interviews, manager & senior manager. Pretty easy, asked about knowledge of systems, current team workload, and the needs of the department. I only worked with the HR group as a "home base," they didn't really push me in any direction one way or the other.

Interview Questions
    • When I asked about training, there wasn't a formal department training, and that has hard to hear coming stright out of College.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate for a higher salary, and was awarded something higher than initial offer.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Leo Burnett.

Met with HR first, and then with account teams on four different occasions. One-on-one interviews were 30min, and sometimes I met with more than 5 individuals in one day. You should come with good questions that aren't just about work-life balance. Do your homework once you find out what account you will be interviewing for. HR is very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you encounter a co-worker that doesn't like working with you?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett.

Went through two phone screenings and a week later was brought in for an interview. The office was very lively.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't feel like an interview so it was difficult to know what exactly they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

Senior Creative Technologist Interview

Pretty straight forward, more about your ability to work with others than technical.

Intern Interview

I had a phone interview, and we kept missing each other, but once we got on the line, it was a pleasant conversation. Very casual, friendly, hardly felt like a job interview.

Freelance Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Leo Burnett in December 2013.

was fairly extensive but without unnecessary steps, felt like i was the person they were looking for when the process was done

they said their rate range for this position, i asked for the highest amount and they gave it to me

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Fantastic informational interview, went through my book with a creative recruiter. They were a bit difficult to get in touch with, but dropping off your resume directly to the office, and addressed to a specific person will be beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you can explain case studies and background info in regards to various campaigns.   Answer Question

Great program, but I was more keen on working with another Chicago multinational agency.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leo Burnett.

Came to my school to recruit interns, screened portfolios in advance and scheduled interviews based on the selected work. Interviewer was incredibly friendly and positive--she made the process feel more like sitting down with a friend than it did a formal interview and was clearly head-over-heels for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Frankly, there were not many actual questions that I can recall, and none were surprising or unexpected.   Answer Question

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett in July 2013.

Had five phone interviews in total with 2 teams before the final round. Nothing difficult and unexpected. If they offer fly in means that they already have their decision actually. The people working at Burnett are really passionate and creative so make sure you have confidence and energy while talking. Make people believe that you will love your job and doing amazing!

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Leo Burnett in November 2011.

The recruiters are very friendly, the waiting time not at all, it takes forever to have an answer.