Leo Burnett Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.5

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Interview

Everyone was very warm and welcoming. I could tell the team cared a lot about who I was as a person and how I would fit in with the rest of the team.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leo Burnett.

Interview

Easy interview. I met with two people from the department. Main questions were about using SAP and former experience. The interview time allotted was 30 minutes for each but they didn't last that long and I thought I did bad because they were so short.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? Are you familiar with SAP?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Fast and easy i was very comfortable, the manager saw me right away. She was very calm and easy to talk to. She had very good questions. Some you would not normal receive during an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with the HR team. Chatted about my book. Went around to meet with several other teams. Showed teams my book, and chatted about random stuff like interests and where I was from. Went out to lunch with several teams. Took the L back to O'Hare.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty standard. The interview was held with HR and the AD. Focused on experience, and the job description. The interview process was relatively short, but detailed in that a lot of information was shared on both interviewer and interviewee parts, prior to the discussion of an offer. Being able to really speak to the account background is key.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and experience with this type of client?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

The HR person was very nice. I also had a phone interview with the director she was also nice however i never heard back. I'm not quite sure why I didn't get the job but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Print Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

By Phone at the start with Head Manager. In person with the hiring HR manager at corporate headquarters. Details of various positions levels discussed, with salary and bonus based on performances.

Interview Questions

• Information of duties.... Situational...   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening with an HR person who then asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I met with four different people, in 30 minute increments, that all worked in the Client finance side and their interview questions were pretty standard.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to let me know they were very interested in my work. Then they took another 5 days to get the interview scheduled. I had a 9am interview with 4 different creative directors that took about 3.5 hours. it was very casual, almost too casual, but long. I was then led to the door and told they would be in touch. After sending several thank you notes and emails, radio silence. Emails went unanswered for 4 weeks (not even a "we are still in the process, or we will get back to you") until i finally got an email saying they were not interested and I was not the right "fit." but wait, then another email came in saying they might have another position open for an AD/UX creative that they just might be able to modify for my specific talent and background. I was an AD 6 years ago and certainly was not interested in going back for a long shot and /or a lesser title. I also felt very let-down on my expectations of the company itself. I had always aspired to work at Leo Burnett, but I can't see myself going to work for a company with such poor recruiting and communication skills. This was truly disappointing.

Interview Questions

• "so...what's up?" (yes, seriously)   1 Answer

Freelance Creatie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes a little while because there are so many hoops the recruiters have to jump through and approvals that need to be made for hire. Interviews are also pretty long- usually lasting 3 ish hours. From there- there are usually about 3 rounds of interview. Make sure you know your stuff! This is not a place to "grow" this is a place to excel!