Leo Burnett Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 Interviews, manager & senior manager. Pretty easy, asked about knowledge of systems, current team workload, and the needs of the department. I only worked with the HR group as a "home base," they didn't really push me in any direction one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• When I asked about training, there wasn't a formal department training, and that has hard to hear coming stright out of College.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate for a higher salary, and was awarded something higher than initial offer.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with HR first, and then with account teams on four different occasions. One-on-one interviews were 30min, and sometimes I met with more than 5 individuals in one day. You should come with good questions that aren't just about work-life balance. Do your homework once you find out what account you will be interviewing for. HR is very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you encounter a co-worker that doesn't like working with you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett.

Interview

Went through two phone screenings and a week later was brought in for an interview. The office was very lively.

Interview Questions

• Didn't feel like an interview so it was difficult to know what exactly they wanted to hear.   Answer Question

Senior Creative Technologist Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward, more about your ability to work with others than technical.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview, and we kept missing each other, but once we got on the line, it was a pleasant conversation. Very casual, friendly, hardly felt like a job interview.

Freelance Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

was fairly extensive but without unnecessary steps, felt like i was the person they were looking for when the process was done

Negotiation

they said their rate range for this position, i asked for the highest amount and they gave it to me

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leo Burnett.

Interview

Came to my school to recruit interns, screened portfolios in advance and scheduled interviews based on the selected work. Interviewer was incredibly friendly and positive--she made the process feel more like sitting down with a friend than it did a formal interview and was clearly head-over-heels for the company.

Interview Questions

• Frankly, there were not many actual questions that I can recall, and none were surprising or unexpected.   Answer Question

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Had five phone interviews in total with 2 teams before the final round. Nothing difficult and unexpected. If they offer fly in means that they already have their decision actually. The people working at Burnett are really passionate and creative so make sure you have confidence and energy while talking. Make people believe that you will love your job and doing amazing!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

From start to hire, I had four interviews over the course of two months after an internal recruiter found me via LinkedIn. 1) Initial phone conversation with the HR recruiter to learn about the position 2) Short phone interview and screening with VP before bringing me into the office 3) Onsite interview for two hours, meeting with four different people of varying roles and titles 4) Lunch interview with two people who would be immediate colleagues within the department

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offer was at the low end of my expected range. I attempted to negotiate but accepted as is. Aim high when asked for your range.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Leo Burnett (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

The actual interview itself was seamless. They put you in a conference room and you meet with several people from the department within a couple hours. The frustrating part was dealing with the HR department that set up the interviews. It was very rush rush rush/we need an answer when they reached out, but then would go silent for days and weeks at a time after meetings. The entire process took almost 3 months with about 3 weeks of silence in between each interview/chat with HR.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects did you work on at your last agency? What did you like and dislike about your last agency?   Answer Question