Leo Burnett Interview Questions

2.5

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Leo Burnett in November 2011.

The recruiters are very friendly, the waiting time not at all, it takes forever to have an answer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leo Burnett in July 2011.

Contract to Hire. Work like crazy for a few months and if you perform, you get hired. This has been their recruitment method lately.

Interview Questions
    • Have you experienced any project delays working with other groups   Answer Question

Went with another company

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Leo Burnett in July 2011.

Interview process was quick, smooth and easy. It was pretty much your standard interview. I met with my account director, group account director, head of account management, creative director and strategy. HR was a little slow to respond and organize my travel, but were some of the nicest people I have ever worked with.

Negotiated up for the first time. I was able to get and extra $10,000 and additional time off.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leo Burnett in April 2011.

asked why advertising?
    asked why leo burnett?
    asked how is it related to my studies

The interview was with a young man and lasted fifty minutes

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett in October 2010.

applied online. was contacted by hr for a phone interview and then invited for a day of in person interviews at the chicago, il office. the hr rep tried to convince me to apply for the sr financial analyst level instead of the finance manager role that i was more than qualified for. when i went to the in person interviews was met by an HR intern as the hiring manager became busy. then met with a colleague of the hiring manager. this person questioned whether or not i would fit with the group. then meet with the VP of finance. he took calls during the interview, checked his email and even stepped out to sing happy birthday for one of his teammates during his birthday cake cutting celebration (I KId You Not.... SMH). so we probably spoke all of 25 minutes out of the hour scheduled. then after this mess i met with the hiring manager who was very curt and off putting. thankfully she cut the day short by claiming that the other people on the list weren't available to meet me that day.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions just unexpected behavior by staff   Answer Question

Accound Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Leo Burnett in April 2010.

Stocked by email and phone for 3 months. Got an email saying a position came in and interviewed with 2 people. Then flew back and interviewed with 2 more. Told me they'd get back to me. 2 weeks later I got a phonecall saying I got the job :)

Interview Questions
    i was new to advertising therefor was happy to get the job, unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

Associate Motion Graphics Designerq Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leo Burnett in February 2010.

I found the job online. Sent them my website which has my resume and portfolio. I received a call a week later from HR asking if I want to come in for an interview. I came in for the interview with my current boss and project manager. It was rather laid back, they're awesome people.

Interview Questions
    They asked me what I was currently being paid. I upped my current salary by 10k and they gave me 5k on top of that which I was happy with at the time.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Leo Burnett in February 2010.

The interview process consisted of a quick phone interview. I was referred by a pretty influential individual so knowing the right people, and utilizing your network is key.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite recent campaign?   View Answer
    Yes. Do your research and don't settle.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Leo Burnett in September 2009.

Long contact and interview process. Mostly handled by phone calls, at long intervals. I had been an intern, so the recruiter had all my information. A trip was programmed to go out and interview with staff for 2 days at the Chicago office. Leo B. paid for all expenses. The interviews were long and extensive with people from every department. Although I did well during the interview process, the company was hit with unexpected economical woes and hiring was stopped. I did not pursue a career in this company, but went off to do well at their competition.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a pencil to someone that does not need one?   View Answer

ACD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Leo Burnett in March 2009.

Just be yourself and show your best work! Simple as that, people at Leo are smart and are looking for the best. You have to be able to talk about your work and articulate why it works. Be confident and look the person that is interviewing you in the eyes, don‘t be afraid.

Interview Questions
    • What is my favorite piece of software, it‘s like asking what is your favorite food, too many to choose from!   Answer Question
    Very simple, got what I asked for and then some!