Leon's Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Leon's Furniture in June 2015.

Interview

The sales manager had two of us interviewees together telling us about the job, mostly about how the pay structure works, 100% commission based. Wanted to make sure we would be interested in the position before a proper interview would take place. Only question asked was "tell me a bit about yourself?"

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leon's Furniture (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two interviewers and the managers were very professional however when it came to the actual hiring process, it took over 3 weeks and it eventually fell apart with no warning or explanation whatsoever. Extremely unimpressed with Leon's values and integrity.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how far backwards are you willing to bend to accommodate a strange shift schedule.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they unexpectedly 'un hired' me with no explanation whatsoever.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leon's Furniture (Regina, SK (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Be asked regular interview question, such as how to finish sale, what will you do under pressure, past experience, what do you know about Leon's. Hr manager talked about 1 hour about their commission rules and training program.

Interview Questions

in slow season, i am afraid the pay check can't cover living expense.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leon's Furniture.

Interview

what your plans are for the future what you know about the company your experince very easy

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Leon's Furniture.

Interview

Was contacted from resume submission online. Consisted of 2 interviews same day; first with sales manager and second with store manager. Sales manager was easy going, yet direct, and immediately went into the job description, qualities they were looking for, hours required, probationary period, benefits, vacay etc. Seemed to be already pre-determined as to what department I was going to start and work in. Once the interview with the sales manager was complete, they went to see if the store manager was available for a sit down; which they were, and a history of the store manager and company was provided. Front office staff was warm and welcoming. All managers were very easy going and personable

Interview Questions

• Questions were very generic/straight forward. Examples: "What is your 5 year plan" "Why would you be a fit here with us" "Is advancement something you're looking for"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating period as the pay is on straight commission

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leon's Furniture (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Company advertised on Facebook. I was asked to go in with resume in hand. Immediately got a 20 minute interview with CS Manager. Didn't really talk about my experience relevant to the job, just what the hours were and the plans for the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. Found out salary on the first day there. Wasn't even clear on what I'd been hired for as back office and CS were both mentioned at interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Leon's Furniture (Dartmouth, NS (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

applied online to a specific job posting, got an interview shortly afterwards. Did not get the position, Customer Service Manager called to say they selected someone else. About a month later, they called me back and offered me the job. Apparently, the person they hired was moving away.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you have a thick skin? Asked how I would handle an extremely upset customer.   1 Answer

Front-Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leon's Furniture (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process was very easy for me as I was the last available option after two employees quit. They posted a notice on the board, but because I had the most experience they automatically gave me the job. They were very flexible with the hours, however once management got comfortable they began taking advantage of it. Basic questions in the interview such as: Why would you like more experience? Do you think you can handle more responsibility? The pay is not a lot more, are you aware of this? Where do you see yourself moving to after this position?

Interview Questions

• Are you aware that by taking this position, if anything were to happen, you lose the seniority of 1 year that you have been working on? Are you aware that this position includes another 3 month probationary period, your previous job may be filled, meaning you may be potentially unemployed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available in terms of salary, however in terms of work hours and schedule flexibility was not an issue.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leon's Furniture (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied on line and received an email for an interview in about a week. I filled out an application form in store where I was interviewed and was interviewed by the store manager. The interview lasted about 1 hour and the interviewer was quite friendly. After the first round of interview, I was contacted in about a week for a second and last interview, but I declined as there is no base salary for this job and the working pressure is high (based on my research on line) for this commission-only sales job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your related experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leon's Furniture.

Interview

My first interview went wonderfully! I had such a blast and felt so comfortable I was excited to join Leon's. The interview that came after, strict, lecturing and just... nothing special.

Negotiation

Sales Associate. There is no negotiation.