Leon's Furniture

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Whitby, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Leon's Furniture in May 2014.

Interview Details – There were two interviewers and the managers were very professional however when it came to the actual hiring process, it took over 3 weeks and it eventually fell apart with no warning or explanation whatsoever. Extremely unimpressed with Leon's values and integrity.

Interview Question – Questions about how far backwards are you willing to bend to accommodate a strange shift schedule.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they unexpectedly 'un hired' me with no explanation whatsoever.

Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leon's Furniture in April 2014.

Interview Details – Be asked regular interview question, such as how to finish sale, what will you do under pressure, past experience, what do you know about Leon's. Hr manager talked about 1 hour about their commission rules and training program.

Interview Question – will only commission be all right?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – in slow season, i am afraid the pay check can't cover living expense.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Leon's Furniture.

Interview Details – what your plans are for the future
what you know about the company
your experince
very easy

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Leon's Furniture in November 2012.

Interview Details – applied online to a specific job posting, got an interview shortly afterwards. Did not get the position, Customer Service Manager called to say they selected someone else. About a month later, they called me back and offered me the job. Apparently, the person they hired was moving away.

Interview Question – Would you say you have a thick skin? Asked how I would handle an extremely upset customer.   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Leon's Furniture.

Interview Details – Was contacted from resume submission online. Consisted of 2 interviews same day; first with sales manager and second with store manager. Sales manager was easy going, yet direct, and immediately went into the job description, qualities they were looking for, hours required, probationary period, benefits, vacay etc. Seemed to be already pre-determined as to what department I was going to start and work in. Once the interview with the sales manager was complete, they went to see if the store manager was available for a sit down; which they were, and a history of the store manager and company was provided. Front office staff was warm and welcoming. All managers were very easy going and personable

Interview Question – Questions were very generic/straight forward.
Examples:
"What is your 5 year plan"
"Why would you be a fit here with us"
"Is advancement something you're looking for"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating period as the pay is on straight commission

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Leon's Furniture in January 2009.

Interview Details – not difficult, hiring all the time, but not easy to make it, old sales trying hard to kick you out

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Kingston, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Leon's Furniture in December 2012.

Interview Details – Company advertised on Facebook. I was asked to go in with resume in hand. Immediately got a 20 minute interview with CS Manager. Didn't really talk about my experience relevant to the job, just what the hours were and the plans for the department.

Interview Question – None really. Just sat and listened.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Found out salary on the first day there. Wasn't even clear on what I'd been hired for as back office and CS were both mentioned at interview.

Front-Office Supervisor Interview

Front-Office Supervisor
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Leon's Furniture.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy for me as I was the last available option after two employees quit. They posted a notice on the board, but because I had the most experience they automatically gave me the job. They were very flexible with the hours, however once management got comfortable they began taking advantage of it.

Basic questions in the interview such as:

Why would you like more experience?
Do you think you can handle more responsibility?
The pay is not a lot more, are you aware of this?
Where do you see yourself moving to after this position?

Interview Question – Are you aware that by taking this position, if anything were to happen, you lose the seniority of 1 year that you have been working on?

Are you aware that this position includes another 3 month probationary period, your previous job may be filled, meaning you may be potentially unemployed?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available in terms of salary, however in terms of work hours and schedule flexibility was not an issue.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leon's Furniture.

Interview Details – My first interview went wonderfully! I had such a blast and felt so comfortable I was excited to join Leon's.

The interview that came after, strict, lecturing and just... nothing special.

Negotiation Details – Sales Associate. There is no negotiation.

Front Office Associate Interview

Front Office Associate
Halifax, NS (Canada)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Leon's Furniture in October 2009.

Interview Details – Two interviews in total. The manager was very personal in the first interview, it felt almost like chatting with a friend. I told her about my past jobs, joked about some things that happened, she then joked about some things that have happened to her while she's been working with Leon's. She asked how i deal with customers and how it was important for her to hire someone with a good personality, because she could teach me the software, but not how to have good customer relations. She then said "normally we send you home now, and if we're interested, call you for a second interview in about a week.. but how would you like to just get your second interview over with right now?" So i went for it. The next woman came in, she was very nice as well, we chatted. She asked me about the history of Leons. (Which I knew, and she was impressed) She talked about some of my volunteer work and what my plans were for the future. They are now doing my background check -- it sounds quite extensive. They must contact all of my personal and work references, criminal record check, etc. If every thing comes out clean, I should have the job by next week! The whole interviewing process took about an hour and a half, which is quite long compared to my past experiences.

Interview Question – What will you bring to the table, if you get this job, that none of our other employee's have to offer us?   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Leon's Furniture? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leon's Furniture interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Leon's Furniture employees and interview candidates.