Leprino Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Leprino Foods.

Interview Details – The manager asks questions so he can hear himself say the answers. The questions are unclear and so you're not sure what kind of answer they're looking for. But regardless, you'll answer wrong so the manager can correct you

Interview Question – The most difficult part about the interview was having to sit there listening to the manager talk about things that are wrong, or out of date, and refusing to listen to anything i said. it was hardly an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate more; I learned later through other employees it was because I'm a woman

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Leprino Foods.

Interview Details – I felt like the phone interview went well, I was upbeat and engaging, and I had answers to all the questions they asked. I was even given a heads-up by the firm who was representing me on what to respect. What I didn't expect was that by my clarifying the 3 month contract, that I'd be looking like a personality conflict. The position was presented as being a 3 month contract, with no expectation of being hired on full time, as it was an interim position as they searched for the full-time employee. I asked in the interview if the same person who was taking the interim role can be considered for the full-time engagement. Their answer was it 'could', which is very weird of an answer. I can understand the desire to present something as a 3 month contract, which is understandable, I don't understand the cloak and dagger way they seemed to describe the end of the 3 months, why no just call it a 3 month contract and call it a day. I suspect they will have issues trying to get someone for this 3 month contract, and that was their attempt to sell the position, but I wasn't biting. In any case, I felt like it was a good interview, however, based on this experience, they deemed me a personality conflict.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done a VMWare upgrade in the past.   View Answer
  • This position involves a lot of menial / monotonous work, are you okay with that, does that interest you?   View Answer

Associate Controls Engineer Interview

Associate Controls Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Leprino Foods.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 5 people from the controls department. All of the interviews went well, and was told by each and every person that I was not only more than qualified but a good fit for the company. As part of the process they had me take a personality assessment. A week later I was told that they had not selected me for the position. After doing some research it turns out that they just settled a law suit for discriminating by using a personality assessment. I find this extremely unsettling, especially with no feedback from the hiring manager or HR. Be wary when interviewing with this company.

Interview Question – Most of the questions on the personality assessment.   Answer Question

Production Management Interview

Production Management
Waverly, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Leprino Foods in October 2012.

Interview Details – Attended a career fair where I was found. Went through two rounds of interviews. First interview was a one-on-one and the second round was a group interview. The group interview was followed by a plant tour where I could tell the company was getting a feel for me as much as I was them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you received results that were unexpected and how you dealt with them.   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor
Tracy, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Leprino Foods in January 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a phone screen from an HR rep from their corporate office in Denver, CO. It went well and he passed my information to the hiring manager at the plant I applied to. Went through another phone screen with the local HR rep and hiring manager together. Frances (HR Rep) was very nice and Tom (Hiring Manager) was very personable. I was selected for an in-person interview at their plant where Tom and Frances were along with 3 other employees of varying levels within the company.

The interview went well with kind of a random, round table type approach asking various behavioral questions as well as competency questions.

I believe I'm one of the final candidates because they're asking me to come in for a 3 hour tour of the plant and area where I'd be working.

They ended up offering me $65,000 but i went with another offer

Overall, the entire process took about a month.

Interview Question – I had applied to another location within Leprino's but for a different position about 6 months prior - I never heard anything so I assumed I wasn't a good fit. My resume at that time was not as updated as the one I submitted for the warehouse supervisor. Initially, they questioned my integrity due to the different wording of my resumes - I honestly thought I had lost the job.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I found another opportunity I couldn't pass up. One concern was that none off the management had been there longer than 4 years...

Very Easy Interview

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director

I applied in-person - interviewed at Leprino Foods in July 2011.

Interview Details – Of us on caliper assessment

Interview Question – Not much too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much, ask for the high they have a hard time getting anyone to work there

Maintenance Trainee Interview

Maintenance Trainee

Interviewed at Leprino Foods

Interview Details – Initial interview was a behavioral based interview. Second interview was more technical

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Followed up by what do you want to do in five years.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Associate Scientist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Leprino Foods.

Interview Details – Six hour interview and no coffee in the entire building. No coffee, really. I was expected to know details of equipment that I had never used or claimed to have used which the company also did not use. The interview started out well but quickly declined into irrelevance. I went to school with a woman that worked there and she left the company within two years. The cafeteria was nice and they had a nice gym that can be accessed 24 hours a day. The people I met that were friendly seemed to be very humble to the people that were not so nice.

Interview Question – I was asked how to plan a vacation. I understand that the idea to was get a glimpse into my reasoning and methods but I've never planned a vacation before, I'm a grad student. I was also asked to decipher a poorly drawn piece of equipment that I had never used. Felt like I was playing pictionary but with worse consequences.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Leprino Foods in June 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, , tour of HQ, met with managers and team members. HR did not move unless prodded, and sometimes had to contact the hiring manager to get any action.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult decision you have made in your work?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Leprino Foods in July 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with an HR recruiter. She called 10 minutes last, with no apology. She had no personality, had me on speaker and I believe mute. It was obvious she was completely distracted. I could tell after the first question that she was not interested in me as a candidate. She never gave an encouraging sound nor did she try to actually have a conversation-it was strictly the most basic questions.She didn't ask me if I had any questions and just tried to rush me off the phone.
She promised to get back to me in 2 days "so I wouldn't be left hanging" her words and 2 weeks later still no call or email.
She was extremely unprofessional and I decided after 5 minutes I wouldn't want to work at a company that would employ a person like that.

Interview Question – All questions were very basic straight out of interviewing 101   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Leprino Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leprino Foods interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Leprino Foods employees and interview candidates.