Leprino Foods

Updated Jan 15, 2015

3.1

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Leprino Foods.

Six hour interview and no coffee in the entire building. No coffee, really. I was expected to know details of equipment that I had never used or claimed to have used which the company also did not use. The interview started out well but quickly declined into irrelevance. I went to school with a woman that worked there and she left the company within two years. The cafeteria was nice and they had a nice gym that can be accessed 24 hours a day. The people I met that were friendly seemed to be very humble to the people that were not so nice.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how to plan a vacation. I understand that the idea to was get a glimpse into my reasoning and methods but I've never planned a vacation before, I'm a grad student. I was also asked to decipher a poorly drawn piece of equipment that I had never used. Felt like I was playing pictionary but with worse consequences.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Leprino Foods in July 2013.

I interviewed with an HR recruiter. She called 10 minutes last, with no apology. She had no personality, had me on speaker and I believe mute. It was obvious she was completely distracted. I could tell after the first question that she was not interested in me as a candidate. She never gave an encouraging sound nor did she try to actually have a conversation-it was strictly the most basic questions.She didn't ask me if I had any questions and just tried to rush me off the phone.
    She promised to get back to me in 2 days "so I wouldn't be left hanging" her words and 2 weeks later still no call or email.
    She was extremely unprofessional and I decided after 5 minutes I wouldn't want to work at a company that would employ a person like that.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very basic straight out of interviewing 101   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Leprino Foods in June 2013.

3 interviews, , tour of HQ, met with managers and team members. HR did not move unless prodded, and sometimes had to contact the hiring manager to get any action.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision you have made in your work?   Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Leprino Foods.

Started with campus recruiting, where I met a representative from the HR department and the Finance department. Went to First round interview, 2 on 1 where they asked they typical behavioral interview style questions. Heard from them a couple days later and was asked to come in for a final round at their office in Denver along with about 15-20 other candidates. It was a full day from 9-1pm and met/interviewed with 3 different managers in the finance department, where they asked further behavioral questions and questions about my work experiences and school experiences. Overall it was a good process got to know the people involved and a decent amount of what the environment at Leprino is like.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader or a follower (I was assured that neither is good/bad but its important to know yourself) and how do you justify the type you are with specific examples.   Answer Question
    • You say you are a hard worker, but how do you justify that you work harder than many of the people coming to the US from other countries who are just as smart and work just as hard if not harder than you and are quite successful because of their culture's work ethic?...... I was really surprised to hear a question like this because it is a bit delicate and provoking.   Answer Question

SSI Configuration Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Leprino Foods.

Interview process was grueling. Phone interview with recruiter (HR), then another with hiring manager. Brought onsite for 4 more interviews (team members and hiring manager). Process took about 5 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with upper management.   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted. No negotiation. Was desperate and needed the job. Hired in a bad economic time.

Production Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leprino Foods in October 2012.

Attended a career fair where I was found. Went through two rounds of interviews. First interview was a one-on-one and the second round was a group interview. The group interview was followed by a plant tour where I could tell the company was getting a feel for me as much as I was them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received results that were unexpected and how you dealt with them.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Leprino Foods.

1) HR Phone screen
    2) Interview with hiring manager
    3) 2nd Interview with hiring manager and his manager
    4) Offer
    3 month process in total.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had conflict at work and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a couple of items which was good.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Leprino Foods in May 2012.

Telephone interview, two on-site interviews, skills test, drug screening, physical abilities test. Skills test very basic, very closely controlled. Legal statements, signatures, video cameras.

No negotiation.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Leprino Foods in October 2011.

Several different interviews. Recruiter, Manager, HR Manager & Manager, Director, Plant Manager. STAR process is heavily used and preferred in this company. Lots of time passed between each of these interviews. Interviews were all conducted separate from one another due to each persons preferred methods. The entire process was confusing and very drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • What safety mistakes "have" you made? Assuming that you have made a safety related mistake.   Answer Question

Better offer from another company.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leprino Foods in August 2011.

2 interviews behavioral based