Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacting by a recruiter at a staffing agency that she had an opportunity she wanted me to look at. Did some extreme basic research, and most reviews I found were negative to neutral. Scheduled interview through contractor for the same week, had the first interview with the main HR lady. Was asked to schedule a second interview so that the manager could also speak with me. Pretty basic interview. The culture seemed decent at first glance, probably thanks to the general admins that were nice. Nobody told me or later gave me the option if I wanted to become a liaison contact which also meant that I would have to speak with people losing their property that it would be to take on that responsibility or leave.

Interview Question – This should have been a warning. I was asked how I would handle if someone called in that was angry or aggressive.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Any negotiation if any was taken care of through the contracting agency.

Very Easy Interview

New Files Clerk Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss in February 2013.

Interview Details – Basically easy stuff. If you're getting hired here you are most likely a temp....and when they have run out of time with you they dump you for another.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss in November 2011.

Interview Details – Long and full of empty promises

Interview Question – how would you contribute to our firm when you know nothing about what the firm does   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview questions are your basic, scripted questions with no thought put into them, nor are they tailored to the job or culture. The recruiter and the managers seem to have no real interviewing experience. The interviews are usually pretty short and you will only meet with 2 or 3 people at most.

Interview Question – Do you mind working at a desk for 8 hours?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Processor Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss in August 2010.

Interview Details – Basic. The main focus was on how long I was plaining to stay on the job. They never ask to much of what you will being to the table. Its more of a personl conversation with the girls. They make you feel really good about being part of the team. Smile and laugh a lot. They never really looked at my work history that I was so proud of and worked so hard for. Not alot of employment questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for long term employment or short term?   View Answer
  • How long were you in your last position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiateing, it wasn't needed. They pay what you ask for, lie and say they will give you 3 weeks vacation when they well only give you 2.

Supervisor Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss in April 2009.

Interview Details – Went in for 3 individual interviews with 3 different people. Redundant questions asked. Only 2 of the interviews were necessary the second one was a waste of time and that individual was not the decision maker.

Interview Questions

• What clients do you do business with at your current position?   View Answer
  • Would you be able to bring any of those clients with you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate much. The have an hourly or salary already in mind when you discuss salary issues. Of course they have certain salaries for certain positions but experience only counts for a very small portion when discussing pay.

Release Engineer Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss in April 2011.

Interview Details – Completed phone interview with hiring manager (seemed to go well).
Came in for in person interview with hiring manager and HR (seemed to go well).
Came in for 3rd interview with hiring manager, HR, & some of the developers.

3rd interview felt more like a free consultation (for them) then a interview. I got the impression they were trying to determine if they could automate some of these processes themselves if they had the needed information from the candidate. One of the interviewees asked me if I knew of any off the shelf software they could buy to automate the deployments.

I held back the details they were asking about and did not receive a offer.

No Particular Position Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss in June 2009.

Interview Details – You will meet with HR and they will ask you a lot of questions before the decide which of many positions you might be suitable for. They will then ask you to come back and interview with the supervisor of that department. This will be the highest authority at LSR you wil lever speak to. The office is sad looking and people always look sad.

Interview Question – Do you like to talk to people or not?   View Answers (2)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lerner, Sampson, & Rothfuss employees and interview candidates.