Les Schwab Tire Centers Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Les Schwab Tire Centers

Sales and Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Bakersfield, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back within a week & set up an interview for a week later.
    The interview went very smoothly. Although I was extremely nervous, I clearly had no reason to be. They not only want to get to know you as an employee, but as a person in general, which was very refreshing compared to other interviews I have had in the past. Very profressional & admirable establishment that I couldnt be more happy to become a part of.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us a little about yourself.
      -What is your greatest strengths.
      -Tell us about a situation in which you were presented with a challenging task/project & how did you go about handling & completing that task.

Answer Question

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers.

Interview

Applied online as a part-timer right out of high school, got a call about a week later from the assistant manager. Had no automotive experience, but was willing to work any amount of hours at minimum wage. Because of that, there really was no interview, just an informal sit-down with the assistant managers. After 2 months, I was moved to full time at a higher wage with benefits.

Interview Questions

• None, I pretty much just came in to fill out paperwork.   Answer Question

LIne Interview

Interview

I applied in person and was told to go to the online portal. I went through the process and never heard back from the company. Fairly typical for a company of this size. I know that they work you pretty hard once you get there though. I will keep trying as it seems that you could do well without a college degree.

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers.

Interview

Pass aptitude test. Be outgoing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Already set

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Pendleton, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

It was very strange. I spoke with the assistant manager about the job which was basically a very informal interview. Mostly about my family and my kids and what I liked to do. Only about two questions that actually related to the job and my experience. Then I drove home and was called back in on the same day to speak with the store manager. He sat me down and told me all about Les Schwab and how great the company was. Then he just gloated about himself. Telling me all the store he has been at and how much his yearly salary and bonus was. It was by FAR the most unprofessional, inappropriate interview I have ever sat through.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly just questions that could end up in a discrimination lawsuit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very poor. I wasn't even told how much I was going to make or what job I would be doing. Had I not been desperate for work it would have been a bigger issue.

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Sacramento, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

spoke with the manager and scheduled an interview for a wednesday, started on the following monday after a preliminary drug test. overall, it was not an uncomfortable interview by any means. the manager was laid back and very easy to talk to and created an atmosphere that you wanted to be in.

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Mill Creek, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

Got a call from the assistant manager and the interview was with him. Easy who are you what have you done type of questions. Was offered the job and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers (Puyallup, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

Les schwab promotes from within. They have a set interview schedule. Ask situational questions which are rated on a 1 to 5 scale. All canidates are asked same questions. Top canadite recieves the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Set salary schedule

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers in September 2011.

Interview

It was good. It was professional and respectful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Talk, and ask for more. For the kind of job you will do, you should be paid way more, than what they offer.

Sales and Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Les Schwab Tire Centers in April 2010.

Interview

Walked in and applied, and was given a very breif interview on the spot, lasted about twetny minutes and then was told t return for a second interview, when i came back however it was to start filling out paperwork for teh job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set pay