LesConcierges

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Updated Jul 19, 2014

2.7

Concierge Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LesConcierges.

Upon entry LesConcierges appeared very unprofessional and completely disorganized. There was no receptionist to check in with and the HR representative was 25 minutes late and unprepared for the appointment. Eventually I was brought to a conference room where I was interviewed by two department leads, each separately, one after the other. Overall the questions were typical until I was asked to come up with exclusive dinner reservations for a high-end (mock) client.
    After the second interview I was left in the conference room for nearly 20 minutes. All the other rooms were empty and the janitor was turning off lights, so I decided to make my way back down to the reception area. From there I was offered a temporary position, reasonable hourly pay and given a stack of paperwork to fill out and return. Fast forward one week and it was as if we had never met. No call, no email - nothing. Eventually I was told that they were waiting to hear back from upper management. A complete waste of time and false expectation. Probably better off, because the place seems to run on stress, difficult hours of operation and a lack of clear communication.

Interview Questions
    • How would you cope with angry clients yelling at you, putting you down and calling you stupid because they are upset and in a hurry to get results?   Answer Question
    Until they give you an official start date keep looking and don't pass up other job offers like I did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LesConcierges.

rather long process: phone interview, group interview in a round table with other prospective employees, followed by meetings, skills tests, followed by one on one interviews with 3 different people. Positive and upbeat.

Reporting Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LesConcierges.

Non existent once, then got hired right away. Afterwards, manager did not even wonder what kind of skills I possess, or meet even once to determine a work plan and judge productivity, instead, my first meet with him was to get laid off because they "hired the wrong person With wrong qualificationS".... But he didn't even work with me once??

Concierge Interview

Many interviews, very easy if you know someone who works there, very hard if you do not.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LesConcierges.

There was an initial short phone interview. I was invited in for a panel interview. They said there could be up to 8 people but there was fewer for my interview. We were given some standard interview questions which were answered all in the same room. There was an exercise were the interviewees worked together. I wouldn't suggest attempting to make the other person look bad, it may blow up on you. Try to be collaborative in the panel part.

After that there were individual interviews with different managers who all really need to take a class in interview techniques. They asked the most mundane questions. Only about 2 behavioral questions were asked and there was lots of repetition with different people. Several call backs later there wasn't anything definite yet (they said background checks were slow) but the process dragged for far too long and I couldn't wait.

Interview Questions
    • There was a skills test. It required thinking on your feet and being able to use a computer well. We were asked to recommend a local restaurant for a traveler arriving to the area. This was to be completed within 25 minutes with as many relevant details as needed. It wasn't that difficult if you know what your doing but it would have been difficult for a computer illiterate.   View Answer

Concierge Interview

Long and drawn out. Took two months from initial contact to an offer.

Corporate Concierge Interview

I found the job on linkedin and applied. I was called less than one week later and asked to come in for the interview. The interview questions were standard for a hospitality job. I was offered the job two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was fairly easy and no unexpected questions occurred   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LesConcierges in November 2012.

Online Job Application.
    Received a call and initial screening from HR representative.
    Offered an opportunity to meet the hiring manager in person without a initial call.
    I reviewed the numerous negative reviews on this site and re-contacted the HR manager to discuss my concerns.
    HR manager told me that it is a "real position" and that the hiring manager would know whether I was the right candidate in "about five minutes".
    Went to in person interview with the hiring manager.
    Hiring manager asked me about my experience running "loyalty programs", I told her that I had none.
    Neither the hiring manager or the HR representative explained why they brought me in for a role that they quite clearly thought I was not a suitable candidate for.

This firm has no qualms about wasting your time and energy.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have extensive "loyalty program" experience?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LesConcierges in July 2011.

It started off with a phone interview then group interview. At group interview they ask you to make a restaurant recommendation report on the computer using their guideline. Getting the job is pretty much heavily based on experience.

Interview Questions
    • A client is stranded at the airport and shes in town for a wedding and also needed a gift, what would you do?   Answer Question

Global Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at LesConcierges in September 2010.

The interview was conducted by an automated phone service. Kind of an ironic choice given this is a personalized customer-service company. A recorded voice explained the 13-question process then started with "So, tell me about yourself." Remaining questions were pretty standard stuff - explain a time when you've been successful, demonstrate a strength, what appeals to you about Les Concierges, etc. Final question was salary requirements. A ridiculously off-putting experience all the way around.