Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lafayette, LA

I applied online - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in December 2013.

Interview Details – basically walked in, manager showed me around the store, asked if i could lift 50lbs and if i was serious about working there.

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed within a week of putting in my online app. In my interview i was offered 10.50 and was told I would not be working weekends. The only questions that were asked was if I had prior experience in pool care and if pay was fine.

Negotiation Details – Record what pay they tell you because my boss wrote a different amount for corporate.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within a week for a 1 on 1 interview with Store Manager. After that I interviewed with the District Manager.

Interview Question – What are some qualities of a good sales person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room. I was offered $10.00/hr and was able to get them up to $10.50/hr.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Found job on internet. Had one interview spoke about my qualifications and desire to learn the pool business and become manager

Interview Question – Do you have any expierence in working with pools   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told what my pay would be

Akron, OH

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was nice and laid back, but there were a lot of interruptions throughout the interview. Seemed like a great company to work for at first. The manager really explained the company well and actually made me want to get the position. I was asked only a few questions about my previous experiences and jobs.

Interview Question – Honestly, there weren't really any difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered very little pay. Not even enough to take care of my family. With my past experience, I was insulted that the offer was so low. Also, as an assistant manager, I would be the only one working most of the time. Who was I supposed to be managing?

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy in person but over the phone you need to have resume, strenghts, and weakness ready. always answer on the first or second call if not you probally will not get the job I only call twice when i interview over the phone. and if you are hired be ready for a bunch of certification courses even as a sales associate

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they set a take or leave offer

Assist Manager Interview

Assist Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in September 2010.

Interview Details – First I met with the manager in store. there were 25 questions relation to sales experience, experience in the pool intustry and general customer service experience. it was not vert stressful and the manager was very nice. the interview lasted about 30 mins, after i got the kok from the in store ananger i was interviewed by the district manager. he was a little more of a tougher interview but i got the job.

Interview Question – have you ever had sales experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negationion, $11 an hour

Interviews for Top Jobs at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies

Worked for Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies? Contribute to the Community!