Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies (Brick, NJ).

Interview

I was a walk in and asked if positions were open, the manager at the time chatted with me and hired me the same day. We talked about my work history and my background for a bit and she said that I got the job. She handed me papers to fill out and I left to fill them out. There was no real formal interview, I'm guessing due to the seasonal nature of this position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in sales before?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wylie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies (Wylie, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

My cousin was a friend of the manager who needed to hire someone soon I called was told to fill out application then was called the next day and asked to come to the store to meet the manager. Then he asked me to come on the Friday of that week to watch day one videos.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

Interview

The interview was the easiest ever. They never asked me a question. They sat down and began selling me on the company and what a great place it is to work. I asked all the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just a lot of excuses about the low wages. But the job market was very tough so I accepted for the experience. They acted like the wage offered was above average due to my work experience.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

Interview

Apply online selecting the store you want to work at, recruiter called 2 weeks later, 35 minute phone interview with a recruiter, if selected to advance, interview in person with the District Manager. If the District Mgr. thinks you are qualified, you will not be offered a job on the spot. Instead you will be told your information will be reviewed. Heard nothing for over 3 weeks then got a call from the Store Manager of a location that was close to me who wanted to schedule an in person interview. Had a 5 minute in person interview, was told schedule can change weekly, the hourly pay rate, and a start date was agreed upon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with employees that didn't want to do their job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, starting pay non-negotiable, was offered an Asst. Mgr. job instead that pays 50 cents less per hour. You will be asked what part of town you want to work in, but the preference can be ignored, store location was changed 3 days before start date.

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

Interview

Normal interview, Strengths and weaknesses. Where do you see your self in two to three years. Why do you want to work for Leslies. Process is three steps: Phone interview, Sit down with Store Manager and then finally Sit down with District Manager. The District manager makes the final say and he is the one you make sure you dress to impress!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about swimming pools (hard if you don't know anything)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies (Lafayette, LA) in December 2013.

Interview

basically walked in, manager showed me around the store, asked if i could lift 50lbs and if i was serious about working there.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed within a week of putting in my online app. In my interview i was offered 10.50 and was told I would not be working weekends. The only questions that were asked was if I had prior experience in pool care and if pay was fine.

Negotiation

Record what pay they tell you because my boss wrote a different amount for corporate.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

Interview

The process consists of an online application followed by a phone interview. The phone interview consists of fairly standard questions such as your strengths and weaknesses as a worker, why you are interested in the position, and what qualities you think make a good supervisor. The phone interview will take between ten and twenty minutes. After the phone interview there is a final interview with a district manager that I did not participate in as I had finalized another job before that point.

Interview Questions

• There were no "gotcha" type of questions asked, they appeared to be more interested in gauging your work background and seriousness about the position through fairly standard questions.   Answer Question

I declined the final interview as I accepted a job offer that I received almost immediately after my first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies (Fullerton, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

They do not have an official interview process. You just walk in and the manager asks you a few questions. They will hire almost anyone, so it is mostly a formality. It is also to make sure that you don't request to make too much money. You must also submit an application online.

Interview Questions

• Are you a functioning human being with basic motor skills and an IQ above 80? If so, we will give you a tremendous amount of responsibility and zero extra pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate much. I would recommend trying to request higher starting pay, but they will almost certainly not give it to you. A better recommendation would be to not work here.

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was easy, very basic. Although all the paperwork had to be perfect, going back and forth to do minor fixes to various forms. It was fairly annoying, going back to place N/A for a question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I asked for 10.00/hr and I received 9.10/hr because of my bachelor's degree. I was told that was a "generous" offer.