Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

1.9

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

Apply online selecting the store you want to work at, recruiter called 2 weeks later, 35 minute phone interview with a recruiter, if selected to advance, interview in person with the District Manager. If the District Mgr. thinks you are qualified, you will not be offered a job on the spot. Instead you will be told your information will be reviewed. Heard nothing for over 3 weeks then got a call from the Store Manager of a location that was close to me who wanted to schedule an in person interview. Had a 5 minute in person interview, was told schedule can change weekly, the hourly pay rate, and a start date was agreed upon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with employees that didn't want to do their job?   View Answer
    None, starting pay non-negotiable, was offered an Asst. Mgr. job instead that pays 50 cents less per hour. You will be asked what part of town you want to work in, but the preference can be ignored, store location was changed 3 days before start date.

Lead Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

Normal interview, Strengths and weaknesses. Where do you see your self in two to three years. Why do you want to work for Leslies. Process is three steps: Phone interview, Sit down with Store Manager and then finally Sit down with District Manager. The District manager makes the final say and he is the one you make sure you dress to impress!

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about swimming pools (hard if you don't know anything)   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied online - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in December 2013.

basically walked in, manager showed me around the store, asked if i could lift 50lbs and if i was serious about working there.

Lead Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in April 2013.

Interview was easy, very basic. Although all the paperwork had to be perfect, going back and forth to do minor fixes to various forms. It was fairly annoying, going back to place N/A for a question.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, I asked for 10.00/hr and I received 9.10/hr because of my bachelor's degree. I was told that was a "generous" offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in October 2013.

I was interviewed within a week of putting in my online app. In my interview i was offered 10.50 and was told I would not be working weekends. The only questions that were asked was if I had prior experience in pool care and if pay was fine.

Record what pay they tell you because my boss wrote a different amount for corporate.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

The process consists of an online application followed by a phone interview. The phone interview consists of fairly standard questions such as your strengths and weaknesses as a worker, why you are interested in the position, and what qualities you think make a good supervisor. The phone interview will take between ten and twenty minutes. After the phone interview there is a final interview with a district manager that I did not participate in as I had finalized another job before that point.

Interview Questions
    • There were no "gotcha" type of questions asked, they appeared to be more interested in gauging your work background and seriousness about the position through fairly standard questions.   Answer Question

I declined the final interview as I accepted a job offer that I received almost immediately after my first interview.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in April 2010.

unprofessional

Interview Questions
    there was none,a cheap company

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in April 2010.

I called Leslie's to ask if they were hiring. The manager at the time said that they were. I went into the store that day. I filled out the application in the store and handed it in. About 4 days later, I got a call back from the manager for an "interview." I went in, and she just asked me about what I knew about pools, if I can lift boxes and buckets, and when I could start. After getting my working papers (I was 16), I started a few days later.

I was told what I was going to get paid (about a dime above minimum wage), and that's what I got. NO negotiation possible

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies.

Applied online and was contacted within a week for a 1 on 1 interview with Store Manager. After that I interviewed with the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    Not much wiggle room. I was offered $10.00/hr and was able to get them up to $10.50/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies in May 2012.

Found job on internet. Had one interview spoke about my qualifications and desire to learn the pool business and become manager

Interview Questions
    I was told what my pay would be

Worked for Leslie's Swimming Pool Supplies? Contribute to the Community!