Lettuce Entertain You

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Web Developer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You in September 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, I received a call from someone in the HR department at Lettuce. She asked me a few preliminary questions, then scheduled an in-person interview. She emailed me precise directions to the office. When I arrived, I had to wait a bit, but I was offered refreshments by one of the staff. I then met the HR representative and we talked in her office; she mostly asked me the same questions she had asked over the phone. Then I met the Senior Web Developer. He explained the job and the culture, then invited me to talk about myself. He then asked me some technical questions, which I tried to answer as well as I could. I was then introduced to the head of the department; she asked me general questions, and then explained the culture of the company, very similar to how the Senior Web Developer had described it. After chatting a bit more, the senior developer escorted me out. I had to wait several days for a reply, when I was told I wasn't the "right fit" for the company.

Interview Question – After sensing that I had little experience, my interviewer asked me what I would do if I didn't know the answer to a problem. My answer "Google." He said, "Correct." Didn't see that one coming.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You

Interview Details – Interned for the summer and winter break. Sat down with the GM toward the end of winter break and he asked me if I wanted to come back. I said that I did and we spoke a couple months later as my last semester was finishing up. We did a half hour phone screen for formality and the position was offered.

Interview Question – What were my annual, five year and ten year goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was entry level.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You.

Interview Details – It was very simple.

Interview Question – It was pretty much general.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

AM Captain Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing at Eiffel is very similar to almost any restaurant on The Strip. Questions are situational and based on expectation. As with all of Vegas, actually getting the job can depend on who you know.

Interview Question – How much do you expect to make a day a lunch?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, this is a restaurant waiter job.

Busser Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You in September 2011.

Interview Details – I called the restaurant and spoke with a manager, requesting an interview. I went in a few days later and sat down with the assistant manager and owner of the restaurant. They asked me a number of questions, then asked me if I had any questions. I pretty much got hired on the spot, they gave me some paperwork to fill out, and a formal application.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It's a restaurant job, low wage plus a percentage of tips.

Server Interview

Server
Chicago, IL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You in March 2009.

Interview Details – The best way to obtain employment at Lettuce is to go and apply at the restaurant between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. This is when the lunch rush has died down and managers would have a moment to speak (but not always, so do not be discouraged and follow up with them). When you finish filling out the application ask to speak with a manager and usually they will sit you down on the spot and explain the current positions they have open and ask about your own restaurant experience. If you do not have any, that does not necessarily mean they will not hire you, but they might ask you to host or do carry-out. I know many people that have become servers after putting in their time for a few months.

Interview Question – What is your restaurant experience? How would people describe you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then interview with HR, then interview at specific restaurants.

Interview Question – Why should we select you?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lettuce Entertain You in December 2010.

Interview Details – Originally applied online through a written application, next I was interviewed by a recruiter at college career fair. A few weeks later I was called to schedule a second round interview with a specific LEYE restaurant, where I went to meet and interview with the restaurant GM.

Interview Question – Describe your most recent trip to a restaurant in detail.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lettuce Entertain You? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lettuce Entertain You interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lettuce Entertain You employees and interview candidates.