Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Executive Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in September 2008.

The recruiting firm called and asked me for a detailed resume with salary history. I was reluctant to give the salary history but they pressured me to do so. After a lengthly phone interview with the recruiter I was scheduled for an in-person interview with a staff person from the national office. She was in town for one day to do all her interviews. She described the former candidate as having "bad boundaries". When I inquired about what that meant, she said they were "too close" to their Board members. She said she had to "straighten out" the problems the former candidate had caused. I asked how willing she felt the Board members would be to follow a new leadership style or strategy. She made it clear that she would be very "hands on" in seting any future strategy. Pay was good but I left feeling the next candidate would face a rocky road between "reporting up" and seeking to bring a new vision to the organization.

Interview Questions

Worked for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society? Contribute to the Community!