Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in September 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiting firm called and asked me for a detailed resume with salary history. I was reluctant to give the salary history but they pressured me to do so. After a lengthly phone interview with the recruiter I was scheduled for an in-person interview with a staff person from the national office. She was in town for one day to do all her interviews. She described the former candidate as having "bad boundaries". When I inquired about what that meant, she said they were "too close" to their Board members. She said she had to "straighten out" the problems the former candidate had caused. I asked how willing she felt the Board members would be to follow a new leadership style or strategy. She made it clear that she would be very "hands on" in seting any future strategy. Pay was good but I left feeling the next candidate would face a rocky road between "reporting up" and seeking to bring a new vision to the organization.

Interview Question – "How would you meet the goals?"   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Worked for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society? Contribute to the Community!