Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.8

Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview process included a phone screening and two in person interviews. During the phone interview, they described the position in full as well as salary and benefits. Most organizations don't seem to be as upfront with this information, but it was nice to know all the details before the process began. The whole process took about two weeks. Would have liked to receive a phone call or email after the final round of interviews. In my mind it was poor taste that it took 3-4 weeks after the final interview that I had not been selected. Overall, great experience and fantastic organization.

Interview Questions

• If XX happened during an event, what would you do? How would you fix the problem?   Answer Question

Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Cary, NC).

Interview

The Director followed up by email to get the interview process rolling. The first interview consists of meeting with the Campaign Director and the Executive Director. If they are interested, they will follow up by email to schedule a second interview. At the second interview you, again, meet with the Director and Executive Director to talk more about past experience and personal traits but you also must give a presentation. They bring in other employees to listen to your presentation and ask questions. If they are interested in hiring, they will call you and give you an official offer. Once you take the offer, they will provide you with the necessary materials and web links to complete the hiring process.

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

All interviews were over the phone. The first interview was from the manager and the second was from the coordinator I would be working under. The interviews were easy and relaxed. Very Conversational.

Interview Questions

• Management wanted to ensure that you would be able to work from home   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (White Plains, NY).

Interview

The interview process was easy and quick. I applied for the position through school, and was contacted almost immediately. We scheduled an interview over the telephone. The interview was professional as to be expected. I was asked a series of questions pertaining to the society, and my experiences.

Interview Questions

• What interested you about the society, and why would you be an asset to our team?   Answer Question

Campaign Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

I got refered by a friend. I was interviewed by the Campaign Director a week after I sent my resume. The interview was very short and precise. A few days later, they called me with and offer and I started a month after. A few days later, they called me with and offer and I started a month after.

Campaign Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

Within one week of submitting the online application, I received an initial email from Human Resources to set up a phone interview -- expectation for 45 mins. After this conversation, the Recruiter advised they would be speaking with the local chapter and would follow-up within one to two weeks, whether or not the decision was to move forward. About 2 weeks later, I was invited for an in-person with the local Operations Director. We met for about an hour and spoke more specifically about the role, requirements and culture within the chapter. They advised they would be in touch and about 1 week later, I was invited to meet back with that same Ops Dir, the Executive Director, Patient Services Manager and a Board member. About 1 week later, I received the verbal offer and was asked to verify 3 professional references as well as submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected and mostly standard behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The phone screen and email prior to setting up addressed salary expectations upfront and established mutual interest. I knew the salary being offered and did not have to negotiate.

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

5 interviews over a period of 3 months. Began with a phone interview where basic experience type questions were asked. Second interview was a series of interviews with all of the local staff. Everyone from the office manager to the Director got a turn to interview. Third interview was back to phone. Fourth interview took place about an hour and a half from my home. I needed to travel from my home to another city to meet the "team" there. Then i was interviewed by the ED, a national director, my director, and every member of the team, one at a time. After hours of interviewing, I was given a vague outline, 5 minutes to prep, and told to give a "sales pitch" to the entire team. Finally one more phone interview and a hiire

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you will do if you get the job?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

2 telephone interviews and 1 in person interview with a team. Realized none of the interviewers knew what they were talking about pertaining to the position. They all looked and talked like they came from the same neighborhood. Workplace culture seemed insular, closed.

Interview Questions

• None. These guys had no idea what they were doing. It felt like they just wanted to get over with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated $15,000 up from the offer. After six months of performance that exceeded expectations in a big way, I requested and obtained raise.

Senior Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Hauppauge, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Approximately 1-2 weeks after submitting an online application and resume, I received an email asking if I was still interested in the position and would I be interested in proceeding further on to the next step in the process and would I like to set up a day and time for a telephone interview. This was scheduled for approximately three weeks after I had completed the original online job application. It took approximately 30 minutes and was lead by a member of the human resources team.
    I received another email asking again if I were still available and interested in continuing on to the next step in the interview process and was I free to set up a personal one on one interview at their local chapter office.
    This interview took place at their office with the person on the development team who would be my direct supervisor. At the conclusion of the interview, it was explained that the next step in the process would be to set up an interview with the chapter director.
    The process ended when I received a gracious thank you email approximately six weeks after the time the online application was first submitted explaining the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What fundraising campaign experience did I have that was not event oriented?   Answer Question
    • Of what fundraising accomplishment was I most proud, what was involved and when did that take place?   Answer Question
    • How did I learn about the position opening?   Answer Question
    • What kind of experience did I have managing a group volunteer fundraisers and working as part of a team?   Answer Question
    • What was the largest donation from a single donor had I secured and how did I accomplish that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview

For the Marketing Assistant position for LLS they asked you to create a Powerpoint presentation about the program itself and present it to your interview committee. They would then ask you several questions about the program based on your presentation to answer.