Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

1st Round- phone interview with direct boss, which was very brief. 2nd Round- one-on-one with direct boss, casual about 45 minutes. 3rd Round- group interview with the different campaigns- fairly short about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with an angry customer in the past? Why do you want to work here? What do you know about the company? Do you have fundraising/sales experience? How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

The Director followed up by email to get the interview process rolling. The first interview consists of meeting with the Campaign Director and the Executive Director. If they are interested, they will follow up by email to schedule a second interview. At the second interview you, again, meet with the Director and Executive Director to talk more about past experience and personal traits but you also must give a presentation. They bring in other employees to listen to your presentation and ask questions. If they are interested in hiring, they will call you and give you an official offer. Once you take the offer, they will provide you with the necessary materials and web links to complete the hiring process.

Recruitment Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

All interviews were over the phone. The first interview was from the manager and the second was from the coordinator I would be working under. The interviews were easy and relaxed. Very Conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Management wanted to ensure that you would be able to work from home   View Answer
    No negotiations

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

The interview process was easy and quick. I applied for the position through school, and was contacted almost immediately. We scheduled an interview over the telephone. The interview was professional as to be expected. I was asked a series of questions pertaining to the society, and my experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you about the society, and why would you be an asset to our team?   Answer Question

Campaign Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I got refered by a friend. I was interviewed by the Campaign Director a week after I sent my resume. The interview was very short and precise. A few days later, they called me with and offer and I started a month after. A few days later, they called me with and offer and I started a month after.

Campaign Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Within one week of submitting the online application, I received an initial email from Human Resources to set up a phone interview -- expectation for 45 mins. After this conversation, the Recruiter advised they would be speaking with the local chapter and would follow-up within one to two weeks, whether or not the decision was to move forward. About 2 weeks later, I was invited for an in-person with the local Operations Director. We met for about an hour and spoke more specifically about the role, requirements and culture within the chapter. They advised they would be in touch and about 1 week later, I was invited to meet back with that same Ops Dir, the Executive Director, Patient Services Manager and a Board member. About 1 week later, I received the verbal offer and was asked to verify 3 professional references as well as submit to a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected and mostly standard behavioral questions.   View Answer
    The phone screen and email prior to setting up addressed salary expectations upfront and established mutual interest. I knew the salary being offered and did not have to negotiate.

Campaign Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

5 interviews over a period of 3 months. Began with a phone interview where basic experience type questions were asked. Second interview was a series of interviews with all of the local staff. Everyone from the office manager to the Director got a turn to interview. Third interview was back to phone. Fourth interview took place about an hour and a half from my home. I needed to travel from my home to another city to meet the "team" there. Then i was interviewed by the ED, a national director, my director, and every member of the team, one at a time. After hours of interviewing, I was given a vague outline, 5 minutes to prep, and told to give a "sales pitch" to the entire team. Finally one more phone interview and a hiire

Interview Questions
    • What is the first thing you will do if you get the job?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

2 telephone interviews and 1 in person interview with a team. Realized none of the interviewers knew what they were talking about pertaining to the position. They all looked and talked like they came from the same neighborhood. Workplace culture seemed insular, closed.

Interview Questions
    • None. These guys had no idea what they were doing. It felt like they just wanted to get over with it.   View Answer
    I negotiated $15,000 up from the offer. After six months of performance that exceeded expectations in a big way, I requested and obtained raise.

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

For the Marketing Assistant position for LLS they asked you to create a Powerpoint presentation about the program itself and present it to your interview committee. They would then ask you several questions about the program based on your presentation to answer.

Campaign Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in December 2013.

I had an initial interview as an intern. I got hired on on the spot and started working three weeks later. It was all very casual and easy going.

Interview Questions
    It was an unpaid internship until I got hired and I did my research on glassdoor.com and followed up with the Director. They approved the amount I asked for.