Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Campaign Director Interview

Campaign Director

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview Details – Within one week of submitting the online application, I received an initial email from Human Resources to set up a phone interview -- expectation for 45 mins. After this conversation, the Recruiter advised they would be speaking with the local chapter and would follow-up within one to two weeks, whether or not the decision was to move forward. About 2 weeks later, I was invited for an in-person with the local Operations Director. We met for about an hour and spoke more specifically about the role, requirements and culture within the chapter. They advised they would be in touch and about 1 week later, I was invited to meet back with that same Ops Dir, the Executive Director, Patient Services Manager and a Board member. About 1 week later, I received the verbal offer and was asked to verify 3 professional references as well as submit to a background check.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected and mostly standard behavioral questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The phone screen and email prior to setting up addressed salary expectations upfront and established mutual interest. I knew the salary being offered and did not have to negotiate.

Campaign Manager Interview

Campaign Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview Details – 5 interviews over a period of 3 months. Began with a phone interview where basic experience type questions were asked. Second interview was a series of interviews with all of the local staff. Everyone from the office manager to the Director got a turn to interview. Third interview was back to phone. Fourth interview took place about an hour and a half from my home. I needed to travel from my home to another city to meet the "team" there. Then i was interviewed by the ED, a national director, my director, and every member of the team, one at a time. After hours of interviewing, I was given a vague outline, 5 minutes to prep, and told to give a "sales pitch" to the entire team. Finally one more phone interview and a hiire

Interview Question – What is the first thing you will do if you get the job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview Details – 2 telephone interviews and 1 in person interview with a team. Realized none of the interviewers knew what they were talking about pertaining to the position. They all looked and talked like they came from the same neighborhood. Workplace culture seemed insular, closed.

Interview Question – None. These guys had no idea what they were doing. It felt like they just wanted to get over with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated $15,000 up from the offer. After six months of performance that exceeded expectations in a big way, I requested and obtained raise.

Campaign Coordinator Interview

Campaign Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in November 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview, then had in-person interview with two people, then an in-person with three people (never including my manager), and one meeting with the director. The interview for three people consisted of a presentation I had to come up with, based on a short outline they give you literally the day before.

Interview Question – What do you think your daily job duties will be / what the job will be like   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When they offer you a salary, tell them to give you a day to think about the offer. Then try to negotiate a couple thousand more.

Very Easy Interview

Campaign Assistant Interview

Campaign Assistant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview as an intern. I got hired on on the spot and started working three weeks later. It was all very casual and easy going.

Interview Question – There really weren't any surprised   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an unpaid internship until I got hired and I did my research on glassdoor.com and followed up with the Director. They approved the amount I asked for.

Marketing Assistant: Pennies for Patients (TEMP) Interview

Marketing Assistant: Pennies for Patients (TEMP)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview Details – For the Marketing Assistant position for LLS they asked you to create a Powerpoint presentation about the program itself and present it to your interview committee. They would then ask you several questions about the program based on your presentation to answer.

Campaign Assistant Interview

Campaign Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview Details – The interview process fit well with the position. I was interviewed on a one time appointment by three people. Just review typical question and answers and mean what you say and your feelings will show for this great organization

Interview Question – There was not one difficult question - just make every question an opportunity to turn things into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in May 2013.

Interview Details – It's a 2 step process: a phone interview and then an in person interview. I felt like getting the in person interview means you have a pretty good chance at getting the position.

The phone interview asked the standard interview questions: team building, interests, goals, etc. It wasn't extremely casual, nor was it super professional. The in person interview asks a few more questions. It's definitely a lot more casual and laid back. Overall, a positive interview process.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions, nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Light the Night Intern Interview

Light the Night Intern
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview Details – I scheduled an interview quickly with the LTN Manager. Dress business professional, a full suit isn't needed. They asked a series of questions about weaknesses, and big picture or detail oriented, generic questions. Make sure you ask questions about the job. They are very polite and fun, so make sure you smile. Dress clean and professionally.

Interview Question – none, very generic   Answer Question

Campaign Coordinator Interview

Campaign Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Interview Details – First round is phone interview, then you get called in for an interview with a panel of staff (3-4 people will be in the room). Questions asked are standard for all interviews and staff will read them word for word. They're looking for specific examples, and for questions to be set up in full, comprehensive ways. Depending on the position, the next round is a presentation for this same staff (typically on another day), and then after that, you may meet with the head of the department.

Interview Question – Know how to relate your experience to fundraising, even if you've never done it before.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Worked for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society? Contribute to the Community!