Level 3 Communications Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.8

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

NOC Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

got in by a staffing agency and then performed very well and got offered the Job after a six month period. Interview was first and phone interview, then a group of 3 people, the manager and 2 senior guys who were not too easy with me.

Interview Questions
    • What is Raid, describe Raid 0,1,2 and 5   View Answer
    No negotiation, my manager told me the $27 offered was the max he could do

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Applied online and got a call from the Talent acquisition specialist. Interview process was very professional and transparent. Next was an interview with the hiring manager which lasted over an hour which was followed by an interview call with a team member which lasted for an hour. Both the manager and the co-worker explained what the company is expecting from this role and gave a lot of confidence. they only looked for the confidence with which we answered. After a couple of days, the hiring manager called up to ask some basic behavioral questions and almost gave a green signal. Hr called back in a day and said they are moving forward with my application. After a week, offer was made orally and once it was electronically accepted, background check was conducted.

Interview Questions
    Good salary was offered. Negotiation was not required

Provisoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2014.

I applied online, 6 days later II was contacted by Staffing Associate| Human Resources to schedule a interview with hiring manager. The interview was on a weekend,Once there I was greeted by two members of the team, they sat with me in the lobby as I waited for the hiring Manager to finish up on a earlier interview. The process was very relaxed and friendly....Hiring manager did most of the talking-describing the role of the position..No difficult questions. The Hiring Manager thanked me for coming in on a weekend. I was given a decision date- No response? Not even a thank you for the time you’ve invested in exploring an opportunity to work with Level3.
    I emailed my recruiter at Level3 , to ask if the management team has made decisions on my status as a candidate, but no response?

Media Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2014.

The best way to describe the experience was bizarre. I was called to interview for the position after going through a phone interview with HR. When I arrived, I was escorted from the lobby up to a conference room by the decision maker and supervisor of the position. I was there for 50 minutes. She spoke for approximately 45 minutes. She asked me a total of three questions - therefore I took up maybe 5 minutes. Then she walked me through the office space. She apologized for talking the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me what story I would pitch about Level 3 to a local assignment desk editor.   View Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2014.

Applied online and received an email within a week. Setup an initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by 2 or 3 more phone interviews with sales managers. Then I had to wait a month for the final in person interview. The process was smooth, but I found the sales managers to be condescending, especially in the final interview which consisted of 4 managers taking turns asking questions. I became irritated at times because of their cliche responses to my questions about the company. I asked, "What differentiates you from the competition since the industry seems somewhat commoditized?" Their response was limited to "our people are what set up apart." I would do as much research on your own and honestly, avoid asking too many questions because the response will be unsatisfactory and they prefer that you already know everything. Unlike my experiences interviewing elsewhere, asking a good question might actually be a bad thing.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in September 2013.

Very typical, apply online, wait weeks for a call-back, get through the HR screener, an in-person interview with the manager, then a second with the manager and a couple more team members, then an offer weeks later. Kind of expected more from a hi-tech company on the cutting edge of telecom and internet services, but the hiring process is stuck in the 1980s.

Interview Questions
    • What was your pet peeve at your former employer?   View Answer
    It was take it or leave it. The company had just RIFF'd a lot of folks, and felt very confident they had the upper hand. I didn't want to lose the bird in the hand so to speak, so I took it. It helped since the offer was very fair to begin with I must admit, and was several thousand more per year base than my previous job.

Ops Academy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in August 2013.

They conducted a phone interview, I came in for an interview with several people and passed without too much difficulty. They took several weeks to get back to me, but the offer letter explained clearly what was to be expected upon hire.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, mostly about being a team-player, good learner and positive.   Answer Question
    None, all of the offer was in a letter non-negotiable.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Forgot I had applied here, but heard back about a month after applying. Once I heard back, it went pretty fast. 30 minute phone screen with recruiter, followed by 2 hour interview session in Broomfield. Spoke with the VP of the department as well as the 3 managers that worked for him in 30 minute blocks. Mostly just talked about my experience and interest in Level 3, some people were more interested in technical details than others. Interviewed on Friday, heard back on Monday or Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate on salary, but didn't get any movement.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2013.

It is actually a career fair. Each group will interview one student at a time. About 2 groups for each student. Talk last about 20 min. Mostly about what they are doing then how can you fit into that and talk a little about technical questions.

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Hiring process was super simple. I knew the hiring director, didn't even have to interview. At Level 3, it is all about who you know.