Level 3 Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from the Talent acquisition specialist. Interview process was very professional and transparent. Next was an interview with the hiring manager which lasted over an hour which was followed by an interview call with a team member which lasted for an hour. Both the manager and the co-worker explained what the company is expecting from this role and gave a lot of confidence. they only looked for the confidence with which we answered. After a couple of days, the hiring manager called up to ask some basic behavioral questions and almost gave a green signal. Hr called back in a day and said they are moving forward with my application. After a week, offer was made orally and once it was electronically accepted, background check was conducted.

Interview Question – Pretty straightforward questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good salary was offered. Negotiation was not required

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email within a week. Setup an initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by 2 or 3 more phone interviews with sales managers. Then I had to wait a month for the final in person interview. The process was smooth, but I found the sales managers to be condescending, especially in the final interview which consisted of 4 managers taking turns asking questions. I became irritated at times because of their cliche responses to my questions about the company. I asked, "What differentiates you from the competition since the industry seems somewhat commoditized?" Their response was limited to "our people are what set up apart." I would do as much research on your own and honestly, avoid asking too many questions because the response will be unsatisfactory and they prefer that you already know everything. Unlike my experiences interviewing elsewhere, asking a good question might actually be a bad thing.

Interview Question – If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR, followed by a phone interview with the Hiring Manager, a few weeks later a day of 1:1 in-person interviews with the Hiring Manager and 3 other stakeholders, two weeks later another day of in-person interviews with 3 separate stakeholders... then almost a month of waiting for a decision.

Interview Question – Really lame interview questions, of the 7 in-person interviews, not a one had really intelligent questions to ask me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was in the middle of the recession, they are no large tech companies in Colorado/Boulder, so I had to take their offer.

Ops Academy Associate Interview

Ops Academy Associate
Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in August 2013.

Interview Details – They conducted a phone interview, I came in for an interview with several people and passed without too much difficulty. They took several weeks to get back to me, but the offer letter explained clearly what was to be expected upon hire.

Interview Question – No technical questions, mostly about being a team-player, good learner and positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, all of the offer was in a letter non-negotiable.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Broomfield, CO

I interviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is normal based on the over-all industry

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Provisoner Interview

Provisoner
Broomfield, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, 6 days later II was contacted by Staffing Associate| Human Resources to schedule a interview with hiring manager. The interview was on a weekend,Once there I was greeted by two members of the team, they sat with me in the lobby as I waited for the hiring Manager to finish up on a earlier interview. The process was very relaxed and friendly....Hiring manager did most of the talking-describing the role of the position..No difficult questions. The Hiring Manager thanked me for coming in on a weekend. I was given a decision date- No response? Not even a thank you for the time you’ve invested in exploring an opportunity to work with Level3.
I emailed my recruiter at Level3 , to ask if the management team has made decisions on my status as a candidate, but no response?

GIS Analyst Interview

GIS Analyst
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in June 2010.

Interview Details – A typical interview. Pretty casual actually.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took the offer presented to me.

Field Tech Interview

Field Tech
Broomfield, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired from a previous purchase by the company. Was flown to corporate and interviewed by 5 people in a group. Asked about my previous experience and responsibilities.

Interview Question – Nothing really too difficult. Normal questions that I would expect during a job interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Media Relations Manager Interview

Media Relations Manager
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details – The best way to describe the experience was bizarre. I was called to interview for the position after going through a phone interview with HR. When I arrived, I was escorted from the lobby up to a conference room by the decision maker and supervisor of the position. I was there for 50 minutes. She spoke for approximately 45 minutes. She asked me a total of three questions - therefore I took up maybe 5 minutes. Then she walked me through the office space. She apologized for talking the entire time.

Interview Question – She asked me what story I would pitch about Level 3 to a local assignment desk editor.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very typical, apply online, wait weeks for a call-back, get through the HR screener, an in-person interview with the manager, then a second with the manager and a couple more team members, then an offer weeks later. Kind of expected more from a hi-tech company on the cutting edge of telecom and internet services, but the hiring process is stuck in the 1980s.

Interview Question – What was your pet peeve at your former employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it. The company had just RIFF'd a lot of folks, and felt very confident they had the upper hand. I didn't want to lose the bird in the hand so to speak, so I took it. It helped since the offer was very fair to begin with I must admit, and was several thousand more per year base than my previous job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Level 3 Communications

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Level 3 Communications interview questions and advice in Denver, CO. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Level 3 Communications employees and interview candidates.