Level 3 Communications Interview Questions in Denver, CO

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.8

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

HR then 3 rounds of technical , worst process of recruitment , all the time half a dozen people will be there eager to prove their talent in asking questions

Interview Questions

• basic Linux commands and web logic basics   1 Answer

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interview screen with internal recruiter. From there interviewed with 3 people round robin format. Interviewed with hiring manager, director and peer from group. Interview went well and was told would hear back in the next 2 weeks. Never heard back from the recruiter after reaching out a couple of times.

Network Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I was part of a company that Level 3 bought and the interview process was very simple a lot of communication from both companies and support in the transitional period.

NOC Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

got in by a staffing agency and then performed very well and got offered the Job after a six month period. Interview was first and phone interview, then a group of 3 people, the manager and 2 senior guys who were not too easy with me.

Interview Questions

• What is Raid, describe Raid 0,1,2 and 5   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, my manager told me the $27 offered was the max he could do

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the Talent acquisition specialist. Interview process was very professional and transparent. Next was an interview with the hiring manager which lasted over an hour which was followed by an interview call with a team member which lasted for an hour. Both the manager and the co-worker explained what the company is expecting from this role and gave a lot of confidence. they only looked for the confidence with which we answered. After a couple of days, the hiring manager called up to ask some basic behavioral questions and almost gave a green signal. Hr called back in a day and said they are moving forward with my application. After a week, offer was made orally and once it was electronically accepted, background check was conducted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good salary was offered. Negotiation was not required

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Went to main building. I then checked in on one of the computers and received a visitor's badge. Interview was in company cafeteria. Lasted approx 30 to 45 minutes. Received offer later in the day.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, how did you solve x problem.   Answer Question

Provisoner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, 6 days later II was contacted by Staffing Associate| Human Resources to schedule a interview with hiring manager. The interview was on a weekend,Once there I was greeted by two members of the team, they sat with me in the lobby as I waited for the hiring Manager to finish up on a earlier interview. The process was very relaxed and friendly....Hiring manager did most of the talking-describing the role of the position..No difficult questions. The Hiring Manager thanked me for coming in on a weekend. I was given a decision date- No response? Not even a thank you for the time you’ve invested in exploring an opportunity to work with Level3. I emailed my recruiter at Level3 , to ask if the management team has made decisions on my status as a candidate, but no response?

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email within a week. Setup an initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by 2 or 3 more phone interviews with sales managers. Then I had to wait a month for the final in person interview. The process was smooth, but I found the sales managers to be condescending, especially in the final interview which consisted of 4 managers taking turns asking questions. I became irritated at times because of their cliche responses to my questions about the company. I asked, "What differentiates you from the competition since the industry seems somewhat commoditized?" Their response was limited to "our people are what set up apart." I would do as much research on your own and honestly, avoid asking too many questions because the response will be unsatisfactory and they prefer that you already know everything. Unlike my experiences interviewing elsewhere, asking a good question might actually be a bad thing.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Media Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

The best way to describe the experience was bizarre. I was called to interview for the position after going through a phone interview with HR. When I arrived, I was escorted from the lobby up to a conference room by the decision maker and supervisor of the position. I was there for 50 minutes. She spoke for approximately 45 minutes. She asked me a total of three questions - therefore I took up maybe 5 minutes. Then she walked me through the office space. She apologized for talking the entire time.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what story I would pitch about Level 3 to a local assignment desk editor.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Very typical, apply online, wait weeks for a call-back, get through the HR screener, an in-person interview with the manager, then a second with the manager and a couple more team members, then an offer weeks later. Kind of expected more from a hi-tech company on the cutting edge of telecom and internet services, but the hiring process is stuck in the 1980s.

Interview Questions

• What was your pet peeve at your former employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was take it or leave it. The company had just RIFF'd a lot of folks, and felt very confident they had the upper hand. I didn't want to lose the bird in the hand so to speak, so I took it. It helped since the offer was very fair to begin with I must admit, and was several thousand more per year base than my previous job.