Level 3 Communications

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

2.9

Beware of A Short Term Gig Interview

Their is no real process of hiring and a single point of hiring. This usually meas their candidates are a hit and miss. If you get a response from a recruiter, than consider yourself a temporary solution in the company. They put a simple clause of contract to hire and at will to protect themselves. Their not a long term company and only look to outsource to keep costs low.

Interview Questions
    • Don't kid yourself o how a nice building presents opportunity. The new CEO has laid people off after he was hired in 2012. Level 3 has always downsized the wrong people and keeping the bullies, who are driving their company down. The company is lacking skilled leadership because their hiring people they know instead of qualified candidates. When you put inexperience people in process implementation, it causes a lot of problems for all channels to communicate. People don't communicate because their terrified of the end results. There is a lack of training and too many changes too often. There isn't any consistency with management and all departments run their own show which makes it impossible for the customer to get results.   Answer Question

Ops Tech Interview

Go through a series of two interviews, the first was a phone and the second was with 3 different managers or someone from HR. They all took turns coming into a private office interviewing you a variety of questions that ranged from what your experiences are to situational questions.

Network Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in October 2014.

I was part of a company that Level 3 bought and the interview process was very simple a lot of communication from both companies and support in the transitional period.

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

There were 2 very short interviews, the most important question it seemed was how far do you live from the office. Level3 was so desperate for someone to support the Houston office that they neglected to ask important typical questions in an interview.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were very easy questions to answer. It seemed the most important question was how far I lived from the office. Level3 was so desperate for someone to support the Houston office that they neglected to ask important typical questions in an interview.   Answer Question
    Turn down your first offer as it will not be what you are worth

Director, Program Management Interview

Standard processes overall and nothing unexpected. Panel interview was part of the process as well. Elongated intervals to complete interviews and make offer but overall the experience was good. Nothing really out of the ordinary in terms of Corporate expectations and no surprises in terms of the interview process.

NOC Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

got in by a staffing agency and then performed very well and got offered the Job after a six month period. Interview was first and phone interview, then a group of 3 people, the manager and 2 senior guys who were not too easy with me.

Interview Questions
    • What is Raid, describe Raid 0,1,2 and 5   View Answer
    No negotiation, my manager told me the $27 offered was the max he could do

Marketing Analyst Interview

1 month after interview is when I started working- Interview was pretty standard questions- each member of the team took 30 min to interview me (total of 2.5 hours) .

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Applied online and got a call from the Talent acquisition specialist. Interview process was very professional and transparent. Next was an interview with the hiring manager which lasted over an hour which was followed by an interview call with a team member which lasted for an hour. Both the manager and the co-worker explained what the company is expecting from this role and gave a lot of confidence. they only looked for the confidence with which we answered. After a couple of days, the hiring manager called up to ask some basic behavioral questions and almost gave a green signal. Hr called back in a day and said they are moving forward with my application. After a week, offer was made orally and once it was electronically accepted, background check was conducted.

Interview Questions
    Good salary was offered. Negotiation was not required

Security Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2014.

Communication was quick and easy the entire way through, the initial phone call was to set up an in person interview. HR called later that week with an offer and work started a week that, the whole process took about 2 weeks. The best advice I can think of is to know the company you're interviewing for, don't mix it up with another like L-3 Communications, and study some basics about the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was probably what layer a firewall works on.   View Answer
    • Think of some questions to ask.   View Answer
    I was offered more then I asked for.

Account Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2014.

The interview process lasted just over a month. I had one phone interview with the Level 3 recruiter and three face to face interviews with the hiring manager, solutions engineers and then the district manager. One of the most professional companies I could have dealt with.