Level 3 Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from the Talent acquisition specialist. Interview process was very professional and transparent. Next was an interview with the hiring manager which lasted over an hour which was followed by an interview call with a team member which lasted for an hour. Both the manager and the co-worker explained what the company is expecting from this role and gave a lot of confidence. they only looked for the confidence with which we answered. After a couple of days, the hiring manager called up to ask some basic behavioral questions and almost gave a green signal. Hr called back in a day and said they are moving forward with my application. After a week, offer was made orally and once it was electronically accepted, background check was conducted.

Interview Question – Pretty straightforward questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good salary was offered. Negotiation was not required

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email within a week. Setup an initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by 2 or 3 more phone interviews with sales managers. Then I had to wait a month for the final in person interview. The process was smooth, but I found the sales managers to be condescending, especially in the final interview which consisted of 4 managers taking turns asking questions. I became irritated at times because of their cliche responses to my questions about the company. I asked, "What differentiates you from the competition since the industry seems somewhat commoditized?" Their response was limited to "our people are what set up apart." I would do as much research on your own and honestly, avoid asking too many questions because the response will be unsatisfactory and they prefer that you already know everything. Unlike my experiences interviewing elsewhere, asking a good question might actually be a bad thing.

Interview Question – If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Account Director

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process lasted just over a month. I had one phone interview with the Level 3 recruiter and three face to face interviews with the hiring manager, solutions engineers and then the district manager. One of the most professional companies I could have dealt with.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR, followed by a phone interview with the Hiring Manager, a few weeks later a day of 1:1 in-person interviews with the Hiring Manager and 3 other stakeholders, two weeks later another day of in-person interviews with 3 separate stakeholders... then almost a month of waiting for a decision.

Interview Question – Really lame interview questions, of the 7 in-person interviews, not a one had really intelligent questions to ask me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was in the middle of the recession, they are no large tech companies in Colorado/Boulder, so I had to take their offer.

Operations Engineering Tier II Interview

Operations Engineering Tier II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview completed by technical lead, shift supervisor, and manager of the team who has the available rec. Each would take turns asking questions geared to see how you are under stress, your ability to think on your feet, and your ability to work as a team or individual on issues you've never encountered before.

Interview Question – OSPF LAS types...know all of them   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short. Here's the offer. Take it or leave it.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in June 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact was from the person who would be my direct manager. The interview was not a "grilling" of any kind. There was time to ask questions about the position, the company, and the culture. The harder interview was the phone interview with the next person up the chain of command. It took weeks to schedule and due to the impersonal nature, it was difficult to know whether I was "impressing" her or not.

Interview Question – There were not difficult or "gotcha" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My recruiter did the negotiating.

Security Technician II Interview

Security Technician II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details – Communication was quick and easy the entire way through, the initial phone call was to set up an in person interview. HR called later that week with an offer and work started a week that, the whole process took about 2 weeks. The best advice I can think of is to know the company you're interviewing for, don't mix it up with another like L-3 Communications, and study some basics about the position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult was probably what layer a firewall works on.   View Answer
  • Think of some questions to ask.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered more then I asked for.

Ops Academy Associate Interview

Ops Academy Associate
Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in August 2013.

Interview Details – They conducted a phone interview, I came in for an interview with several people and passed without too much difficulty. They took several weeks to get back to me, but the offer letter explained clearly what was to be expected upon hire.

Interview Question – No technical questions, mostly about being a team-player, good learner and positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, all of the offer was in a letter non-negotiable.

Customer Care Manager Interview

Customer Care Manager
Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview with direct hiring manager and 2 face to face interviews with sales management

Interview Question – Do I have kids? Not sure why I was asked that.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – very lengthy, 3months. I had another offer onthe table and advised they need to make an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Broomfield, CO

I interviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is normal based on the over-all industry

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!