Level 3 Communications Interview Questions

2.9

Security Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2014.

Communication was quick and easy the entire way through, the initial phone call was to set up an in person interview. HR called later that week with an offer and work started a week that, the whole process took about 2 weeks. The best advice I can think of is to know the company you're interviewing for, don't mix it up with another like L-3 Communications, and study some basics about the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was probably what layer a firewall works on.   View Answer
    • Think of some questions to ask.   View Answer
    I was offered more then I asked for.

Ops Academy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in August 2013.

They conducted a phone interview, I came in for an interview with several people and passed without too much difficulty. They took several weeks to get back to me, but the offer letter explained clearly what was to be expected upon hire.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, mostly about being a team-player, good learner and positive.   Answer Question
    None, all of the offer was in a letter non-negotiable.

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in July 2013.

1 phone interview with direct hiring manager and 2 face to face interviews with sales management

Interview Questions
    very lengthy, 3months. I had another offer onthe table and advised they need to make an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

interviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2012.

The hiring process is normal based on the over-all industry

Provisoner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2014.

I applied online, 6 days later II was contacted by Staffing Associate| Human Resources to schedule a interview with hiring manager. The interview was on a weekend,Once there I was greeted by two members of the team, they sat with me in the lobby as I waited for the hiring Manager to finish up on a earlier interview. The process was very relaxed and friendly....Hiring manager did most of the talking-describing the role of the position..No difficult questions. The Hiring Manager thanked me for coming in on a weekend. I was given a decision date- No response? Not even a thank you for the time you’ve invested in exploring an opportunity to work with Level3.
    I emailed my recruiter at Level3 , to ask if the management team has made decisions on my status as a candidate, but no response?

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in June 2010.

A typical interview. Pretty casual actually.

Interview Questions
    Took the offer presented to me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

I was called for an interview. It was simple but they didn't call back for any feedback

Field Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2010.

I was hired from a previous purchase by the company. Was flown to corporate and interviewed by 5 people in a group. Asked about my previous experience and responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too difficult. Normal questions that I would expect during a job interview.   Answer Question

Media Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2014.

The best way to describe the experience was bizarre. I was called to interview for the position after going through a phone interview with HR. When I arrived, I was escorted from the lobby up to a conference room by the decision maker and supervisor of the position. I was there for 50 minutes. She spoke for approximately 45 minutes. She asked me a total of three questions - therefore I took up maybe 5 minutes. Then she walked me through the office space. She apologized for talking the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me what story I would pitch about Level 3 to a local assignment desk editor.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in January 2013.

A Level 3 recruiter cold contacted me and set up a brief meeting with the local Sales Director. Was given a run down of the position and then was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a behavioral test and an assessment to make sure you can do some math. This all led to a more in depth phone interview with the sales director. Then there was some bogus perfunctory call where the GM pretended to interview me but he wasn't ready for prime time and made for awkward chat. After that, it was back to the recruiter to negotiate out the terms. Strangest thing...they do no drug testing. I've not worked anywhere in 20 years with out there being a test. So, don't freak when they don't send you for one. They just don't do them.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult or outside of the standard norms. They were a bunch of tell me about a time when.....what did you do....how did it turn out.   Answer Question
    They didn't put up much resistance to basic negotiations. I got all I wanted and in hindsight probably could have even milked a little more out of them.