Level 3 Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Provisoner Interview

Provisoner
Broomfield, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, 6 days later II was contacted by Staffing Associate| Human Resources to schedule a interview with hiring manager. The interview was on a weekend,Once there I was greeted by two members of the team, they sat with me in the lobby as I waited for the hiring Manager to finish up on a earlier interview. The process was very relaxed and friendly....Hiring manager did most of the talking-describing the role of the position..No difficult questions. The Hiring Manager thanked me for coming in on a weekend. I was given a decision date- No response? Not even a thank you for the time you’ve invested in exploring an opportunity to work with Level3.
I emailed my recruiter at Level3 , to ask if the management team has made decisions on my status as a candidate, but no response?

GIS Analyst Interview

GIS Analyst
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in June 2010.

Interview Details – A typical interview. Pretty casual actually.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took the offer presented to me.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview. It was simple but they didn't call back for any feedback

Field Tech Interview

Field Tech
Broomfield, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired from a previous purchase by the company. Was flown to corporate and interviewed by 5 people in a group. Asked about my previous experience and responsibilities.

Interview Question – Nothing really too difficult. Normal questions that I would expect during a job interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Media Relations Manager Interview

Media Relations Manager
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2014.

Interview Details – The best way to describe the experience was bizarre. I was called to interview for the position after going through a phone interview with HR. When I arrived, I was escorted from the lobby up to a conference room by the decision maker and supervisor of the position. I was there for 50 minutes. She spoke for approximately 45 minutes. She asked me a total of three questions - therefore I took up maybe 5 minutes. Then she walked me through the office space. She apologized for talking the entire time.

Interview Question – She asked me what story I would pitch about Level 3 to a local assignment desk editor.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in January 2013.

Interview Details – A Level 3 recruiter cold contacted me and set up a brief meeting with the local Sales Director. Was given a run down of the position and then was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a behavioral test and an assessment to make sure you can do some math. This all led to a more in depth phone interview with the sales director. Then there was some bogus perfunctory call where the GM pretended to interview me but he wasn't ready for prime time and made for awkward chat. After that, it was back to the recruiter to negotiate out the terms. Strangest thing...they do no drug testing. I've not worked anywhere in 20 years with out there being a test. So, don't freak when they don't send you for one. They just don't do them.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult or outside of the standard norms. They were a bunch of tell me about a time when.....what did you do....how did it turn out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't put up much resistance to basic negotiations. I got all I wanted and in hindsight probably could have even milked a little more out of them.

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview Details – Initial call to establish interest and job related experience. Follow up interview by a panel. The line of questioning dealt with process and situational reactions. The interviewers were professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Some of the situational questions made me think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were quick and fair. Not a lot of haggling but that was not necessary.

Contracts Manager Interview

Contracts Manager
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very fast interview process 2 weeks from interview to job offer. In hindsight should have been a bit of a red flag. very cordial and nice managers during the interview process - didn't have a chance to meet any of the other office co-workers before hand. Office space had a cool break area

Interview Question – Don't recall   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Account Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR manager. Initial screening interview. Very positive. She was very genuine and not arrogant which many HR screeners seem to be. Had 4 interviews. Hiring manager. His direct VP. Another Account Director and last again with hiring manager.

Interview Question – I don't believe any of the questions were trick questions or difficult. I did note that as much as they wanted to understand my sales success, they wanted to know my aptitude for learning new systems, and that this would be the most challenging part of the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much of a negotiation. They gave me a good offer up front. Adjusted it slightly in the final offer, and I was very satisfied with the total package.

Manager Interview

Manager
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very typical, apply online, wait weeks for a call-back, get through the HR screener, an in-person interview with the manager, then a second with the manager and a couple more team members, then an offer weeks later. Kind of expected more from a hi-tech company on the cutting edge of telecom and internet services, but the hiring process is stuck in the 1980s.

Interview Question – What was your pet peeve at your former employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it. The company had just RIFF'd a lot of folks, and felt very confident they had the upper hand. I didn't want to lose the bird in the hand so to speak, so I took it. It helped since the offer was very fair to begin with I must admit, and was several thousand more per year base than my previous job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Level 3 Communications