Level 3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Media Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

The best way to describe the experience was bizarre. I was called to interview for the position after going through a phone interview with HR. When I arrived, I was escorted from the lobby up to a conference room by the decision maker and supervisor of the position. I was there for 50 minutes. She spoke for approximately 45 minutes. She asked me a total of three questions - therefore I took up maybe 5 minutes. Then she walked me through the office space. She apologized for talking the entire time.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what story I would pitch about Level 3 to a local assignment desk editor.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email within a week. Setup an initial phone interview with recruiter, followed by 2 or 3 more phone interviews with sales managers. Then I had to wait a month for the final in person interview. The process was smooth, but I found the sales managers to be condescending, especially in the final interview which consisted of 4 managers taking turns asking questions. I became irritated at times because of their cliche responses to my questions about the company. I asked, "What differentiates you from the competition since the industry seems somewhat commoditized?" Their response was limited to "our people are what set up apart." I would do as much research on your own and honestly, avoid asking too many questions because the response will be unsatisfactory and they prefer that you already know everything. Unlike my experiences interviewing elsewhere, asking a good question might actually be a bad thing.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by HR manager. Initial screening interview. Very positive. She was very genuine and not arrogant which many HR screeners seem to be. Had 4 interviews. Hiring manager. His direct VP. Another Account Director and last again with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe any of the questions were trick questions or difficult. I did note that as much as they wanted to understand my sales success, they wanted to know my aptitude for learning new systems, and that this would be the most challenging part of the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation. They gave me a good offer up front. Adjusted it slightly in the final offer, and I was very satisfied with the total package.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

Level 3 may post positions on job boards but most positions start as contract position. This save them the expense of having to pay overtime, vacations, and benefits. There is a good possibility that once the contract term expires that they will extend it again and a contract position. Uf you do get a full-time offer, the salary will be lower than the contacted rate. They justify it by providing benefits.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was pretty easy. I had phone interviews with the directors which would be my internal customers. Pretty much softball questions were asked. Once I made it through the phone interviews, I was called in for an in-person interview with the person who would be my direct report and also a few of my peers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer came through the contract agency and was not directly from Level 3 Communications.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Very typical, apply online, wait weeks for a call-back, get through the HR screener, an in-person interview with the manager, then a second with the manager and a couple more team members, then an offer weeks later. Kind of expected more from a hi-tech company on the cutting edge of telecom and internet services, but the hiring process is stuck in the 1980s.

Interview Questions

• What was your pet peeve at your former employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was take it or leave it. The company had just RIFF'd a lot of folks, and felt very confident they had the upper hand. I didn't want to lose the bird in the hand so to speak, so I took it. It helped since the offer was very fair to begin with I must admit, and was several thousand more per year base than my previous job.

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (Louisville, CO).

Interview

Go in for an interview with many people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got an appropriate offer and accepted

Ops Academy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

They conducted a phone interview, I came in for an interview with several people and passed without too much difficulty. They took several weeks to get back to me, but the offer letter explained clearly what was to be expected upon hire.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, mostly about being a team-player, good learner and positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, all of the offer was in a letter non-negotiable.

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (Herndon, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview with direct hiring manager and 2 face to face interviews with sales management

Interview Questions

• Do I have kids? Not sure why I was asked that.   3 Answers

Negotiation

very lengthy, 3months. I had another offer onthe table and advised they need to make an offer.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

I sent my cover letter and resume to a recruiter who contacted the school for students. I had a phone interview with the lead developer and the project manager of a specific team and was called back within the same day for an in-person interview. I was contacted by the recruiter to attend the company job fair (multiple teams interviewing). At the job fair I met with two other teams and the team I had the phone interview with. I was offered the position the next afternoon. The interview was not very technical, some data structure and algorithm questions and distinguishing between C++ and Java. Very personality-based interview. I was very smilely and friendly, spoke a lot about what I wanted to do in the future and how this position would be a great step.

Interview Questions

• This was my second phone interview ever, I was nervous and did not know how to answer a simple algorithm question. The in-person interview with each team was very relaxed and conversational, more of the team telling you what they do and asking if you see a fit. Most difficult question... Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not very much room for negotiation, but the opportunity I was offered was more than I could ask for, and no other company presented a similar opportunity.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

Interview process consists of multiple steps
    Step 1 - Initial screening interview with staffing manager - they are looking for coherent speech, active listening, salary requirements in range, some details on targeted hire date, previous employers.
    Step 2 - Hiring manager phone interview, discuss in detail your experience, education, certifications, position description
    Step 3 - Technical screening interview - deep dive to understand your level of expertise prefer face to face
    Step 4 - Senior management and sales team interview - will you be a good fit with existing team, do you look act and dress professionally.

Interview Questions

• Bring in an existing anonymous customer network diagram and explain it in detail...   Answer Question

Received a better offer $ and greater stability from another company