Level 3 Communications

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.9

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview process consists of multiple steps
    Step 1 - Initial screening interview with staffing manager - they are looking for coherent speech, active listening, salary requirements in range, some details on targeted hire date, previous employers.
    Step 2 - Hiring manager phone interview, discuss in detail your experience, education, certifications, position description
    Step 3 - Technical screening interview - deep dive to understand your level of expertise prefer face to face
    Step 4 - Senior management and sales team interview - will you be a good fit with existing team, do you look act and dress professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Bring in an existing anonymous customer network diagram and explain it in detail...   Answer Question

Received a better offer $ and greater stability from another company

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Forgot I had applied here, but heard back about a month after applying. Once I heard back, it went pretty fast. 30 minute phone screen with recruiter, followed by 2 hour interview session in Broomfield. Spoke with the VP of the department as well as the 3 managers that worked for him in 30 minute blocks. Mostly just talked about my experience and interest in Level 3, some people were more interested in technical details than others. Interviewed on Friday, heard back on Monday or Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate on salary, but didn't get any movement.

Sales New College Grad Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Initial phone interview-explained the position and gave a brief intro to the company

Personality/IQ test- Behavior questions, math (pretty simple), then word analogies (SAT format).

45 min Phone Interview- Once again went over job description. Know a little bit about the company. Research the products and services the company offers. Be prepared to talk about your professional and educational background.

Face to Face Interview- Your in a board room with 3-4 employees of Level 3. One of them was a recent hire (Sales Manager) whom didn't seem to be that educated. You'd be suprised if you actually research your interviewer's which one's embelish their roles. Continue to know a little about Level 3. Questions are stictly behavioral. How would you handle a specific situation. How would you engage a Client etc.

Your recruiter is very informative as to what to be prepared for before each following interview.

Good Advice: Be yourself, remain calm, and know your interviewing for a position within the firm. It's important to not repeat questions throughout the process. Remember to take notes. Phone interviews are a great way to have cheat sheets.

What not to do: refrain from asking questions you can find out after you've been selected to work for Level 3. You may encounter an arrogant interviewer, don't make them feel stupid. You won't get selected.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit for Level 3?   Answer Question
    • What would you consider to be your favorite class and least favorite class in college?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a client in a open setting?   Answer Question

Senior Director Cybersecurity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2013.

Applied online, job was posted publicly. Despite having an employee contact on the inside, I could get no information about the position, nor any feel for how they were looking to fill it, what its duties were, etc. After pressing for 3 weeks, I finally did get my contact to press HR to contact me. Someone called, interviewed me for a half hour. She said she would send me an email, contact the hiring manager (the CSO) but she never did. The interviewer had no more information than the one sentence description of the job on the website. It was disappointing, really, because it seemed Level3 had no urgency to fill the position, or to even interact with me after applying. If I hadn't known someone there I'm sure I would have never received any communication from them at all. After about 5 weeks of nothing, I was told they were looking to fill the position internally. So why post it in the first place? Lack of integrity? Are there rules that require positions to be posted publicly to give the impression of transparency and openness? Why when it's all just a dodge?

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions at all, it was simply a rehash of my resume with someone who didn't know anything about the job (or that they didn't really want to hire someone from the open position anyway)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2013.

It is actually a career fair. Each group will interview one student at a time. About 2 groups for each student. Talk last about 20 min. Mostly about what they are doing then how can you fit into that and talk a little about technical questions.

Circuit Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2013.

I was on a conference call with 4-5 managers. They just asked me simple questions anyone would probably know.I came in for a one on one interview, but it didn't last very long. I think I applied at just the right time. I don't think I would apply again. It's very high stress. I enjoyed working there though.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They really just wanted to know if I could sit for 6-8 hours a day   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Shortly after my employment, they started an Academy program. They're bringing people into the company at a lower pay rate and they're doing the same job I was doing.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2013.

2 Interviews and an offer.

None...

Customer Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Hiring process was super simple. I knew the hiring director, didn't even have to interview. At Level 3, it is all about who you know.

TSC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2013.

I received a call from a human resource employee in New York about a month after I had submitted my resume online. He scheduled a phone interview for the following day with two gentlemen who asked me technical questions about how many MB are in a T1, a T3, what some T1 tests are, and some personality questions about why I wanted this job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to explain a time when I was in a stressful situation at work and to outline how I handled it.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Two face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do/buy?   View Answer