Level 3 Communications Interview Questions

2.9

TSC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in February 2013.

I received a call from a human resource employee in New York about a month after I had submitted my resume online. He scheduled a phone interview for the following day with two gentlemen who asked me technical questions about how many MB are in a T1, a T3, what some T1 tests are, and some personality questions about why I wanted this job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to explain a time when I was in a stressful situation at work and to outline how I handled it.   View Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in January 2013.

Initial call with recruiter, explained role and quizzed on why I would be a fit for L 3. Next was an on-line aptitude test followed by interviews with the Sales Director and finally the General Manager.

There was some negotiation as there were two other positions I was considering at the time. Recruiter was very good at her job and worked hard to bring me on board.

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Go in for an interview with many people

Interview Questions
    Got an appropriate offer and accepted

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in September 2010.

Two phone interviews, one in person interview and then had an offer...negotiated slightly but would do it different if I was hired again.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot remember, but the interview was more personality and IQ based vs specific technical questions...   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate 5K higher of a salary but was still under what I initially wanted and was told by the hiring Director that "Level 3 doesn't really pay that well"...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in January 2012.

Some of the automated aspects of the application and interview process were a little quirky.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a management position (the interview was not for a management position), how would you best manage?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2012.

They ask you a few question on the techologies they are intrested in and find out how comfortable we are or at least show the attitude to learn on job. Good interviews

Interview Questions
    • Just general technical questions on the area of your strength and the technologies you have work   View Answer

IT Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

I sent my cover letter and resume to a recruiter who contacted the school for students. I had a phone interview with the lead developer and the project manager of a specific team and was called back within the same day for an in-person interview. I was contacted by the recruiter to attend the company job fair (multiple teams interviewing). At the job fair I met with two other teams and the team I had the phone interview with. I was offered the position the next afternoon. The interview was not very technical, some data structure and algorithm questions and distinguishing between C++ and Java. Very personality-based interview. I was very smilely and friendly, spoke a lot about what I wanted to do in the future and how this position would be a great step.

Interview Questions
    • This was my second phone interview ever, I was nervous and did not know how to answer a simple algorithm question. The in-person interview with each team was very relaxed and conversational, more of the team telling you what they do and asking if you see a fit. Most difficult question... Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    There was not very much room for negotiation, but the opportunity I was offered was more than I could ask for, and no other company presented a similar opportunity.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2013.

2 Interviews and an offer.

None...

Senior Director Cybersecurity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2013.

Applied online, job was posted publicly. Despite having an employee contact on the inside, I could get no information about the position, nor any feel for how they were looking to fill it, what its duties were, etc. After pressing for 3 weeks, I finally did get my contact to press HR to contact me. Someone called, interviewed me for a half hour. She said she would send me an email, contact the hiring manager (the CSO) but she never did. The interviewer had no more information than the one sentence description of the job on the website. It was disappointing, really, because it seemed Level3 had no urgency to fill the position, or to even interact with me after applying. If I hadn't known someone there I'm sure I would have never received any communication from them at all. After about 5 weeks of nothing, I was told they were looking to fill the position internally. So why post it in the first place? Lack of integrity? Are there rules that require positions to be posted publicly to give the impression of transparency and openness? Why when it's all just a dodge?

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions at all, it was simply a rehash of my resume with someone who didn't know anything about the job (or that they didn't really want to hire someone from the open position anyway)   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview process consists of multiple steps
    Step 1 - Initial screening interview with staffing manager - they are looking for coherent speech, active listening, salary requirements in range, some details on targeted hire date, previous employers.
    Step 2 - Hiring manager phone interview, discuss in detail your experience, education, certifications, position description
    Step 3 - Technical screening interview - deep dive to understand your level of expertise prefer face to face
    Step 4 - Senior management and sales team interview - will you be a good fit with existing team, do you look act and dress professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Bring in an existing anonymous customer network diagram and explain it in detail...   Answer Question

Received a better offer $ and greater stability from another company