Level 3 Communications

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Two face to face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do/buy?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in January 2013.

Very professional interview process with all contact going through recruiters. Took about 1 month from the time they contacted me to get an offer. But will have taken 3 months end to end from when I applied, interviewed, offer made and I will start the new job.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths / weaknesses, how would your current boss describe you, where do you see yourself in 5 years, talk about teamwork with technical engineers, why do you want to work here, why this job, how do you handle conflict, what's been your most challenging work problem.   Answer Question
    Only one round of negotiations as there wasn't too much they could do about salary (that's what they said). Start date was also negotiated as I wanted to start later and they wanted me to start ASAP. We split the difference.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in January 2013.

A Level 3 recruiter cold contacted me and set up a brief meeting with the local Sales Director. Was given a run down of the position and then was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a behavioral test and an assessment to make sure you can do some math. This all led to a more in depth phone interview with the sales director. Then there was some bogus perfunctory call where the GM pretended to interview me but he wasn't ready for prime time and made for awkward chat. After that, it was back to the recruiter to negotiate out the terms. Strangest thing...they do no drug testing. I've not worked anywhere in 20 years with out there being a test. So, don't freak when they don't send you for one. They just don't do them.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult or outside of the standard norms. They were a bunch of tell me about a time when.....what did you do....how did it turn out.   Answer Question
    They didn't put up much resistance to basic negotiations. I got all I wanted and in hindsight probably could have even milked a little more out of them.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in January 2013.

Initial call with recruiter, explained role and quizzed on why I would be a fit for L 3. Next was an on-line aptitude test followed by interviews with the Sales Director and finally the General Manager.

There was some negotiation as there were two other positions I was considering at the time. Recruiter was very good at her job and worked hard to bring me on board.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Hiring is most effective through word of mouth. The interview process depends on position. Technical positions are usually a single interview based on resume acceptance. Sales and management usually involves several interviews based on resume acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • One must be prepared for situation questioning. Managers want to know how well you can think on your feet.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in October 2012.

Interview by recruiter then manager and a few potential coworkers

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a business stakeholder about why to upgrade to Office 2013   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer III Large Enterprise Voice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Level 3 Communications in September 2012.

Very long with many interviews, but all involved were courteous and ask good probing questions

Interview Questions
    negotiation phase was short and very productive

Vice President, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in August 2012.

Screened by a recruiter who was quite experienced, focus of phone interview was previous work experience. In-person interview was scheduled within a week at Broomfield HQ. Escorted by admin to office of hiring manager, who was late and also short on time for interview. Most of conversation centered around team structure. The role as described did not match what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter challenged my willingness & interest in joining this kind of company culture.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in August 2012.

Awesome experience. Very thorough.

Interview Questions
    • If we hire you & a competitor approaches you to steal you away. What would you tell them?   View Answer
    I was told before the interview process what the salary would be so there was not any negotiating. I knew what I was to be offered before I got too deep.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in July 2012.

My first interview with the General Manager was less than a half hour. The interviewing manager explained that she needed to multitask a bit because it was the end of the month. We were interrupted often and in hindsight I should have taken this as a sign. My second set of interviews were with someone who would be my peer and a Sr. Sales Engineer. The interview with my future peer was very informative and candid. My interview with the SE was to say the least, bizarre. He seem quite irritated that he was asked to interview me. His social skills were off-putting and made me feel very uncomfortable. He did not have an advance copy of my resume so I provided him with a copy. I asked him is he would like me to give him an overview and he choose to read it as I sat there awkwardly. He then decided we should role play. I was asked to create a scenario where he was a customer and I was a Level 3 sales person. I was completely taken off guard and did my best to fumble through this process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any particularly difficult or unexpected questions, just the impromptu role playing was difficult.   View Answer
    Simple, they asked what salary I expected and they had not issue.