Level 3 Communications

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Broomfield, CO

I interviewed at Level 3 Communications in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is normal based on the over-all industry

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview. It was simple but they didn't call back for any feedback

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview Details – Level 3 may post positions on job boards but most positions start as contract position. This save them the expense of having to pay overtime, vacations, and benefits. There is a good possibility that once the contract term expires that they will extend it again and a contract position. Uf you do get a full-time offer, the salary will be lower than the contacted rate. They justify it by providing benefits.

Interview Question – The interview process was pretty easy. I had phone interviews with the directors which would be my internal customers. Pretty much softball questions were asked. Once I made it through the phone interviews, I was called in for an in-person interview with the person who would be my direct report and also a few of my peers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer came through the contract agency and was not directly from Level 3 Communications.

Broomfield, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was required to have 2 phone interviews followed by multiple back to back interviews (face to face) after which I didn't hear anything for more than a month. The questions were not difficult but they did tend to focus on specific methodologies (PMP, Six Sigma, etc.) Level 3 places a high emphasis on these certifications and generally on subject matter expertise.

Interview Question – There was a lot of emphasis placed on specific methodologies and my understanding of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate and was told that the offer was already signed off on by leadership and that I couldn't get any additional money because compared to others on the team that were making more/less the salary they were offering was justified. I was also informed that I would not qualify for any relocation or bonus despite this being dangled by leadership during the interview process previously.

Tulsa, OK

Interviewed at Level 3 Communications

Interview Details – Hiring is most effective through word of mouth. The interview process depends on position. Technical positions are usually a single interview based on resume acceptance. Sales and management usually involves several interviews based on resume acceptance.

Interview Question – One must be prepared for situation questioning. Managers want to know how well you can think on your feet.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Level 3 Communications in May 2011.

Interview Details – - contacted by recruiter
- determined interest/fit for position
- determined preliminary salary requirements
- set up interview with hiring manager
- contacted by recruiter to continue interview process
- interviewed with 4 other managers from different departments
- interviewed with peer employee
- contacted by hiring manager to determine fit
- contact by recruiter to make formal offer
- offer made contingent on background check
- offer/acceptance

Interview Question – Give an example of how you would take detailed technical information and transform it into customer speak that not only describes application presented but its benefits as it applies to the prospective customers network.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated on salary, stock options and relocation. Company was very willing to work with you to achieve a win/win outcome.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Level 3 Communications

Worked for Level 3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Level 3 Communications Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Level 3 Communications employees and interview candidates.