Level 3 Communications Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

The hiring process was incredibly long, and no one moves fast. However, each person I spoke with was very considerate and helpful. The interview itself last over 2.5 hours, during which there was a lot of general discussion about past employment, life goals and culture. I spoke with different individuals on the team, which was actually great as it wasn't high pressure and they would all be people I would work with - so it gave a wider range of the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• There were no incredibly difficult off-the-wall questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Level 3 Communications

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

I was called for an interview. It was simple but they didn't call back for any feedback

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

Interview

Level 3 may post positions on job boards but most positions start as contract position. This save them the expense of having to pay overtime, vacations, and benefits. There is a good possibility that once the contract term expires that they will extend it again and a contract position. Uf you do get a full-time offer, the salary will be lower than the contacted rate. They justify it by providing benefits.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was pretty easy. I had phone interviews with the directors which would be my internal customers. Pretty much softball questions were asked. Once I made it through the phone interviews, I was called in for an in-person interview with the person who would be my direct report and also a few of my peers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer came through the contract agency and was not directly from Level 3 Communications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Interview

Hiring is most effective through word of mouth. The interview process depends on position. Technical positions are usually a single interview based on resume acceptance. Sales and management usually involves several interviews based on resume acceptance.

Interview Questions

• One must be prepared for situation questioning. Managers want to know how well you can think on your feet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is normal based on the over-all industry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Level 3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

I was required to have 2 phone interviews followed by multiple back to back interviews (face to face) after which I didn't hear anything for more than a month. The questions were not difficult but they did tend to focus on specific methodologies (PMP, Six Sigma, etc.) Level 3 places a high emphasis on these certifications and generally on subject matter expertise.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of emphasis placed on specific methodologies and my understanding of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate and was told that the offer was already signed off on by leadership and that I couldn't get any additional money because compared to others on the team that were making more/less the salary they were offering was justified. I was also informed that I would not qualify for any relocation or bonus despite this being dangled by leadership during the interview process previously.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications (McLean, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

- contacted by recruiter - determined interest/fit for position - determined preliminary salary requirements - set up interview with hiring manager - contacted by recruiter to continue interview process - interviewed with 4 other managers from different departments - interviewed with peer employee - contacted by hiring manager to determine fit - contact by recruiter to make formal offer - offer made contingent on background check - offer/acceptance

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would take detailed technical information and transform it into customer speak that not only describes application presented but its benefits as it applies to the prospective customers network.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated on salary, stock options and relocation. Company was very willing to work with you to achieve a win/win outcome.