Level 3 Communications

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications.

I was called for an interview. It was simple but they didn't call back for any feedback

Circuit Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in March 2013.

I was on a conference call with 4-5 managers. They just asked me simple questions anyone would probably know.I came in for a one on one interview, but it didn't last very long. I think I applied at just the right time. I don't think I would apply again. It's very high stress. I enjoyed working there though.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They really just wanted to know if I could sit for 6-8 hours a day   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Shortly after my employment, they started an Academy program. They're bringing people into the company at a lower pay rate and they're doing the same job I was doing.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Hiring is most effective through word of mouth. The interview process depends on position. Technical positions are usually a single interview based on resume acceptance. Sales and management usually involves several interviews based on resume acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • One must be prepared for situation questioning. Managers want to know how well you can think on your feet.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in January 2011.

It wasn't a tough interview. People were very nice and eager to meet me. I enjoyed everything about the process from the first phone interview, to the panel interviews. I ended up doing three interviews. One phone interview, one 1:1 interview, one panel interview, then an interview with the corporate person.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Level 3? And what makes you qualified?   Answer Question
    • What are three strengths and three weaknesses you possess?   View Answer

Network Control Center Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

The process took a dayinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in September 2010.

Setup for the interview by a Temp Firm and they were excluded from the interview. It was 2 Managers and I personally knew both of them. I was a former employee of 10 years with excellent work record and no issues laid off due to outsourcing. I also had 5 years with another telecom company. Submitted 28 applications over 2 years received 2 interviews with only one due to Level 3 call back the other was this one setup by contract firm. The interview process was less than an hour I think it was courtesy with no real intention of hiring me which would have only been a contract position not full time. Level 3 policy is a contract worker can stay only 1 year then full time or your out unless you can move to another job.

Interview Questions
    • They ask if I could be any animal which would I be and why?   View Answer
    • If they asked people that know me what they thought of me what would be their answer?   View Answer
    If contract pay you can have a negotiation on pay with experience, however most of the time it is set. Contractor get only benefits from firm they work for and most do not pay holiday or vacation. 401k does not kick in till 1 year of service and Level 3 has a 1 year restriction.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in September 2010.

They pay attention to their prospective employees. They want to make sure you will fit and be good. They don't want to make the mistake of your not being happy. Ask general questions about you and they all take notes. Very respectful and polite.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you have an mad customer?   View Answer
    • Tell us about your work history what you liked the most?   Answer Question
    Not sure if you can negotiate because the offer was so good.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Level 3 Communications in July 2010.

Received a call from a Level 3 recruiter. Initial interview was with 5 managers on the same day, They all liked my experience and thought I would be a great asset to the position. A week later I received an email letting me thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a difficult customer, someone yelling and cursing at you?   View Answer
    • What is your expectation as an employee in this position?   View Answer