Level One

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greer, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Level One in February 2014.

Interview Details – The HR department was great with working out some online issues with one stage of the application. The interview was prompt and sharp. The questions and qualifications were pretty basic and standard.

Interview Question – They ask you to read off of a page. This is so that they can hear your voice since it is a phone job. This is not hard at all but it is somewhat unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no salary negotiations but they were willing to work with days off. In the end they were not able/willing to follow through with their promises of time off though.

Greer, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Level One in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online: took an assessment that included typing skills and speed, reading assessment and basic computer skills. Met with the hiring person and talked for about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you have dealt with an angry customer. (You will deal with this all the time working with L1)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation pay started at $10/hr for part time, $11/hr for full time. As a summer job, I made it full time...worst decision ever. The availability you put in does not matter, they put you where they need you. I got stuck working from 5-11 as a college student (19 years old at the time)

Marketing Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Level One.

Interview Details – Applied online - which was quite lengthy and what I consider invasive/possibly illegal questions to have applicants answer for a $10hr entry level position....along with a personality assessment and then another assessment followed by a timed quiz that I know for a fact that I would never need in this phone job (i.e., what unit of measure of this unit will the other 26 units add up to get 84.03) of course they do state that by not answering ALL the questions like your date of birth, gender,or the year you graduated from high school will deny you further consideration.
Then I had a phone interview for about 20 min, then received emails of the paperwork and forms that they have applicants print out and bring in, again, a form having you fill out your education history and year you graduated from high school.
Came in, took a typing test, listened to some calls, typed a few paragraphs of the type of apt I would like to live in, given a tour, interviewed with someone who asked if there was anything in my past that would prevent me from being offered a position, I said no and that was it.
Of course I do not know what was meant by 'past', credit/criminal/age.

Interview Question – What days nights hours can you work, some people like to take Sundays off for church, do you need Sundays off?   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Level One in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview and a typing test. Afterwards I was hired and then there was a couple of weeks of paid training.

Interview Question – I don't remember any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Greer, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Level One in October 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview that lasted for at least 20 minutes. I was warned ahead of time by one of the workers that I had to have everything completely quiet, because any noise would count against me.
Next I made it to the in person interview. While I waited to be seen by someone I had to feel out another application online, even though I had filled one out online before. Once I completed the paper work I had to take a typing test. I had to be able to type at least 40 wpm. I was given three tries to do that. To prove that I did meet the 40 I had to print it out and the lady at the desk clipped it to my application.
Then I was finally called back to what they call the green room which was a glass room with this large funny looking green table that looked like something from a scifi movie. There was two men, one was friendly and they other one was quiet and did mainly just took notes on everything that I said. At the end of the interview they had me to read a script to see how well I enunciated my words and if I could create urgency.
At the end of the interview they did not give me a hint that they were going to give me the job, but they did kind of make me feel like I had a fighting chance. They quiet one was still quiet and the energetic one was still energetic.

Interview Question – This was the most unexpected question that I had gotten: "Since you are use to having jobs that have you up and moving around on a regular basis, do you think that you can handle sitting down for eight hours and just starring at a computer screen that whole time?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received a call a about 3 to 5 days later telling me that I had impressed them greatly at the interview and if I was still interested in a job they would be starting me off with $10/hr unless I could prove that I had a BA/ BS, then they would give me a dollar more. She told me that I would be eligible for full benefits and that if everything sounded well to me that I would be able to start the training in a month. Because the training last for a month and it is paid.

Marketing Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Level One.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview to determine how well you speak and articulate. Then you're brought in for a test to see how well you can spell. Also there is a typing component to see how many words per minute you can type. Lastly, you have to read a paragraph out loud to prove you can read and speak without sounding incompetent. The interview itself is easy. At some point you listen to a few live calls with an employee to give you an idea of the work that you will be doing. There may be a classroom style simulation with role playing exercises taking turns being the agent and the caller.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. People with 4 year degrees are offered $1 extra. Spanish speakers are offered an extra $1. If you have a 4 year degree AND speak Spanish you should ask for an extra $2 (or perhaps the extra $2 is already figured into the offer they gave you--therefore no negotiation)

Marketing Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Level One.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called for an interview. Then you do a typing test to make sure you can type 35 wpm. Then you will go back with one of the hiring/talent rep and read a paragraph. After that they send you for a drug test. The next day you get a call and they offer you the position and you go in and sign your offer letter. They give you a date for training.

Interview Question – Nothing is hard about the interview besides the typing portion. Especially, if you do not use the computer offten.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because you are paid $10 to start and 11 30days later.

Marketing Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Level One.

Interview Details – You willhave a phone prescreen, an in person interview and then a final interview. Background checks!!!

Interview Question – Why do you feel you can be successful at this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – zero negotiation. If oyu need time off your first year, you better put it all in during the interview or you won't get it.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Greer, SC

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Level One in March 2013.

Interview Details – I revived a phone call after applying through CareerBuilder.Com. First you take a typing test, you get two try's. And its really easy! Had no Idea I typed 50 wpm! Then you must write a really detailed paragraph. They look for creativity, grammar, and spelling. The HR will then give you a tour of the building. The offices and break rooms are really nice! After, you listen in on some calls. Then you have an interview with the supervisor. After the interview they give you paperwork for a drug screen. You must complete in 48hrs and its off Woodruff road. They seem to be extremely thorough. They give you good directions and everyone I met was really pleasant. Paid training for 3 weeks. The schedule they offered me is great! M-F 9am-6pm 2 Saturdays a month. Sunday off. If you work a Saturday then you get a week day off. When I listened in on the phone calls, the reps are not pushy and they don't make you sell you anything, its just straight customer care for existing customers and there is no script.

Interview Question – Really easy, standard customer service interview questions. One thing people may not be used to, they ask you to read a long paragraph out loud. They are looking for clarity,reading skills, and voice fluctuation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. They sent me for a drug screen, then 3 days later offered the position. They accepted what I wanted for income.

Greer, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Level One in June 2009.

Interview Details – Started off with contact from their recruiter and a formal interview with them, then you go to a "career day," where you'll meet with current employees and do some role playing (for calls). During the interview, you get to play with their software called PAMM, meet the training staff, and do Q&A with other associates.

About a week later, you get an offer (or a sorry note), and then you go into a four week training course.

Interview Question – Nothing, really other than they expect you to role play a call with no experience...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed.

Worked for Level One? Contribute to the Community!