Levi Strauss

Getting the Interview

109 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview Details – Went to career fair at school and talked to the people who represented the company. Both were friendly and I decided to apply. Applied online and was contacted for an in-person interview at my university. The interview was set for 45 minutes and I expected to be asked standard questions, but it was more of a "get to know you" interview. I felt it was more about personality that my skills or abilities they were interested in.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just went over resume.   Answer Question

Copywriter Global Ecommerce Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Levi Strauss in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was referred by an established Levi's employee for this job. They reviewed my resume, and after me pursuing them for about 2 weeks they agreed to an interview. I met with four different people with whom I'd be closely working with if I got the position. Three of them were great, bright, loved their job and really liked me. The final girl (who's decision it was ultimately) was pretty disrespectful. She was texting during the interview, didn't know certain references I brought up that are specific to her industry. Maybe it was her age, ( straight out of college) but she was absolutely under-qualified for the job. However, I felt it went well considering 3 out of the 4 and I really got along and saw me as a fit. Then I got an email from her two weeks later (after an immediate follow-up thank you from me) that they filled the position with "someone more qualified for the role." Tacky verbiage, especially considering my high qualifications. I will definitely file this one under "Catty Girls In The Workplace."

Interview Question – It wasn't a question but a matter of difficulty in focus. It was hard to focus or feel valued or engaged when the interviewer refused to make eye contact, didn't know about her own industry, and texted periodically during the process.   View Answer

Service Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview Details – Good interview, had to talk to three different people but all were nice except the manager, she was playing with her phone the entire time.

Interview Question – Everything was usual as far as customer service and selling.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a set amount that I would leave my company for and they matched it.

VP-Finance Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Levi Strauss in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Levi Strauss to interview for this position. After a Skype interview with the CFO and phone interviews with two peers, I went to S.F. for in person interviews. At no time did I ever see a job description for the position. Also, it was clear that the CFO didn't pay much attention during the Skype interview because he asked me the same types of factual questions when we met in person.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked. In fact, most of the discussions with the more senior people seemed to focus more on addressing an unseen list of tasks which this position would oversee.   View Answer

Accountant Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, one in person interview

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just the basic where do you see yourself, why do you want to work here, why do you want to work in this position   Answer Question

Merchandising Summer Internship 2013 Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Levi Strauss in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on the school internship board and got an on-campus interview opportunity. The interviewer came very well-prepared because she literally got five pages of questions. What she did was basically going through them one by one, which I found quite inflexible and a little bit boring and not very communicational. Most of the questions are about personal experience and background but there are some quite creative ones such as asking you to invent a new product something like that. I don't quite remember the specific question since it's already one year but the interviewer is nice and the overall atmosphere is pretty chill and relaxing.

Interview Question – Design a new product. What would it be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have a better offer.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Levi Strauss in April 2011.

Interview Details – They usually have two interviews set up and ask you a few questions such as where do you get your style from? Where do you get your fashion inspirtation from? They also love it when people layer clothes.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you displayed outstanding customer service   View Answer

Interviewed at Levi Strauss

Interview Details – Basic interview questions. A lot of questions that are sales oriented. It is usually always a group interview.

Interview Question – What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Levi Strauss in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was not very stressful atmosphere, one on one. Just general questions about self. Contacted initally through phone and conducted another over the phone interview.

Interview Question – Specifying which style of jean you prefer. Not very difficult.   Answer Question

Merchandising Internship Interview

Interviewed at Levi Strauss

Interview Details – College Fair, interview scheduled the next day

Interview Question – very easy, all behavior questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Levi Strauss

Worked for Levi Strauss? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Levi Strauss interview questions and advice. All 109 interview reviews posted anonymously by Levi Strauss employees and interview candidates.