Levi Strauss Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.4

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interviews with peer, SVP, and director. They were extremely pleasant and it was one of the few companies I interviewed with that had a scheduled 15 minute break between interviews. Very informal and inviting atmosphere. There questions were very well tailored to the job at hand. I was disappointed by the fact that none of the interviewers took notes.

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview was about 45 minutes overall. The second interview took 20 minutes. Very pleasant experience overall. Interviewer asked great questions and took notes as I was answering. They're very straight forward with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did at " X " company?   1 Answer

Merchandise Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

After an initial phone interview, I went in multiple times and spoke with a few different teams to discuss a position that ended up going to an internal candidate months later. Each interview was only 20 minutes or so, but overall I spent a lot of time with the teams learning their culture and understanding the role before they made their decision.

Interview Questions

• There was a "prep" question to review and have a plan to discuss in the interview, but it was never mentioned in the interviews. The entire process was very "how do you think", instead of "what do you think" type of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Separate interviews to cover all cross functional partners that you would be working with. 9 in total for me including the HR person and over 3 separate days. After the interviews are completed the team needs to get together, provide feedback and decide on the candidate. Only candidates fully supported from all of the interviewers are hired.

Interview Questions

• This is the situation and it just happened to me last week... How would you have handled it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Levi Strauss (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for an open call. I filled out an application then I waited for about 30 minutes for the group interview to begin. The group interview had about 20-30 people. The managers were very nice and asked simple questions. Everyone had a chance to answer each question. Due to the number of people in the interview, you really had to make sure that your answers were different from others so that the managers could remember you. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your sense of style?
      What do you think good customer service is?
      Tell me about your previous work experience.

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Phone screen, two in office interview, one with lead associate and one with store manager, painless, very straightforward interview questions, hit the ground running, no training program. Nothing outside of the ordinary with a lower-level retail sales position. Hours are light when you first start, but they will load your schedule once you start to produce. Was able to set my own hours after 2 mos on the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe the company's mantra of Go Forth and what it means to you   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward, no negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Sent my application through the Levi Strauss web site. Got a call from a recruiter in less than a week. I then received a call from the hiring manager a week later. A week after that, they scheduled an in-person interview at their HQs.I thought things went well, but I received no offer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Interview was laid back group setting. Basic interview questions were asked. Best and worst customer experience,What is your approach to helping customers. How you have dealt with an upset customer

Interview Questions

• Name a song that describes you   1 Answer

Negotiation

not really any negotiating involved at all. we were told the job comes at 8$ if we wanted it.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Walked into the store and simply inquired the manager of any job openings. The manager quickly grabbed me an application and told me to turn it in as soon as i finished filling it out. I was immediately asked to return for first round interviews, which are conducted in small groups of 6-8, then followed by the second round of interviews - a short one on one interview, and a job offer via telephone. I was naive to immediately accept what I was offered out of excitement rather than negotiating for better compensation.

Interview Questions

• very typical interview questions with a few along the lines of "what super power would you choose and why"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was over the phone and I was naive to immediately accept what I was offered out of excitement rather than negotiating for better compensation.

SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

One phone interview and then three onsite interviews. No personality tests or skills tests were administered. Overall process was very positive. Friendly interview process in a comfortable setting. No complaints about the overall process and would recommend the company to other candidates looking for a job in this industry and at this time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt any negotiation.