Levi Strauss

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Levi Strauss in April 2011.

Interview Details – They usually have two interviews set up and ask you a few questions such as where do you get your style from? Where do you get your fashion inspirtation from? They also love it when people layer clothes.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you displayed outstanding customer service   View Answer

Interviewed at Levi Strauss

Interview Details – Basic interview questions. A lot of questions that are sales oriented. It is usually always a group interview.

Interview Question – What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Levi Strauss in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was not very stressful atmosphere, one on one. Just general questions about self. Contacted initally through phone and conducted another over the phone interview.

Interview Question – Specifying which style of jean you prefer. Not very difficult.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Levi Strauss

Interview Details – Describe a time you had to deal with a irate customer how did you handle it

Interview Question – Whats the most important aspect of communicating with others   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview Details – Know how to hold a conversation and fun facts about the company

Interview Question – Who is your fashion inspiration   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Barstow, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview Details – I believe it was about a month before I heard from Levi's after my initial submission of the application. Interview was casual. Asst. Mgr. called; called back and scheduled the Interview. Group Interview, 4 others there. 1 Interviewer, the Asst Mgr. Had some time to check out the place. Friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• How would communicate with someone in which there is a communication barrier?   Answer Question
  • Choose an outfit which suits (the interviewer) and describe why you choose that outfit.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Levi Strauss in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired on as a seasonal employee for the holidays along with about 10 other people. With it being a seasonal position the interview process was really simple. They just ask very basic questions and usually will hire if you seem excited and aren't sketchy. They decide whether to keep you based on how well you work during your seasonal position.

Interview Question – Most unexpected of it all was how generic of an interview it was.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Levi Strauss

Interview Details – Apply online get a call back from a group interview and then

Interview Question – how do your previous work experience apply here.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Levi Strauss in November 2012.

Interview Details – Headquaters called to set up an interview which happened to be a group interview with 8 people including myself. Incredibly laidback environment and the interview just asked questions about availability and what Levi's represents.

Interview Question – Familiarity with the brand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Manager called, offered a salary and I came for training two days later.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Levi Strauss in June 2013.

Interview Details – I found this job and applied for it through Snagajob, and was then invited to a job fair and received the information through e-mails. I showed up 10-15 minutes before the appointment time and checked in at the front desk. We were then walked into a lobby area where we were given cardboard cards to review beforehand (with company values/history on them) to act as icebreakers for the interview. They then took us and separated us into groups of 4-5, but my group had 4. Most of the people interviewing seemed to be college students, but everyone was very nice and respectful. Our interviewer was the Assistant Manager at the store we will be working at and she was very nice and comforting. She first had us say our name and then something interesting that we read in our cards, she then asked us what experience we had that would relate to the position, she had us sell a product that was on the table talking about its features and why someone should buy it (top, jeans, etc.), a time we experienced good customer service, a time we demonstrated integrity, and she then had us talk to the person next to us for a minute and why they should hire them. The interview was really calm and relaxed, everyone had their own turn to speak. At the end, the interviewer took us one by one to a table in another room and asked if we had any questions and then let us know if she would like us to move on to the next steps or not. If you were accepted, you went to a table and received information about emails we should be expecting to receive about completing necessary documents and then set up an appointment at the store to check if we completed them all correctly. Overall, everyone at Levi's is very nice and accepting. Just don't forget to dress professionally, be outgoing and enthusiastic, smile, and breathe!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would relate to this position?   View Answer
  • Sell a product.   View Answer
  • Describe a time you experienced good customer service.   View Answer
  • Describe a time you demonstrated integrity.   View Answer
  • Talk to the person next to you and tell me why we should hire him/her.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Levi Strauss

Worked for Levi Strauss? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Levi Strauss Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Levi Strauss employees and interview candidates.