Levi Strauss

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview Details – The interview was very relaxed. I had a one on one interview, which surprised me as many of the reviews i have raid stated that the first interview is in a group format. The manager asked me about myself and then proceeded to ask about where i get style information from, why did i choose Levis, and what i look for in a good shopping experience. He then opened it up to me to ask him any questions i may have. This was my first interview and i was quit nervous going in to it, but the manager was not pushy and stiff and this took a lot of the edge off.

Interview Question – We call all of our employees "stylists", wheter in stock or sales. Why do you think we call them "stylists"?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Levi Strauss in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, got called for an interview about 3 days later. It was a group interview with a few other people and they asked about 5 simple questions total. Their was two workers conducting the group interview, they were very friendly and relaxed. After the interview they called us back one at a time and told us what was going to happen next. They told me they'll give me a call in a few days to set up a second interview with the assistant manager. A month later they finally called to set up the second interview.. I'll edit this once i go to it.

Interview Question – Sell the person next to you your outfit.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview Details – Very laid back interview. Easy questions in a group environment. You need to be outgoing and creative with your answers since you are not the only person who is there! I always answered first so it wouldn't seem like I was copying anybody else.

Interview Question – Sell your outfit to me.   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Levi Strauss in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in person at my university's job fair. Had an interview on the spot and was followed up with a phone interview as well as an interview at the store.

Interview Question – Hardest question was name a time something thing didn't do the way I expected.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Levi Strauss in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was in the back room. Super informal. Just me and the manager asking questions about me. They asked "Where do you get your fashion from?" "How do you handle the customer?"and my previous retail experiences such as "What do you have experience in? The front and being on the floor or back doing stock?" "Where are you most comfortable?" The atmosphere of the store was very laid back and I felt comfortable in the store and could see myself working there. In the end, after another 5 days when the background check was cleared, we couldn't negotiate to an agreement on pay and had to pass on the job.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay. =/

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Levi Strauss in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and the process to get an interview took about 2-3 weeks. They called and scheduled it. I went in with a group of about 7. It was very laid back and everyone took turns speaking. The interviewer asked only 4 questions that are almost too simple. Just make sure to smile at the interviewer and other people around you. I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – Discuss a time when you did not get along with a coworker and a manager at a previous employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Levi Strauss in April 2011.

Interview Details – They usually have two interviews set up and ask you a few questions such as where do you get your style from? Where do you get your fashion inspirtation from? They also love it when people layer clothes.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you displayed outstanding customer service   View Answer

Interviewed at Levi Strauss

Interview Details – Basic interview questions. A lot of questions that are sales oriented. It is usually always a group interview.

Interview Question – What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Levi Strauss in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was not very stressful atmosphere, one on one. Just general questions about self. Contacted initally through phone and conducted another over the phone interview.

Interview Question – Specifying which style of jean you prefer. Not very difficult.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Levi Strauss

Interview Details – Describe a time you had to deal with a irate customer how did you handle it

Interview Question – Whats the most important aspect of communicating with others   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Worked for Levi Strauss? Contribute to the Community!