Levy Restaurants Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
36 interviews

2.1

Concessions Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Levy Restaurants.

I started out as a Supervisor there and worked my way up. On my first interview we mainly focused on what experence I had and what I thuoght of the current operation. They are very interested in how you can keep all controls and if you have a problem with traveling during the off season. after my interview i was told that they would give me an answer in about two weeks then a week later they called me in for a second interview with Regional V.P. This was a little more nerve racking because he drilled me on my experence and staffing. If you tell them how much you would like to change your insulting the way they run their place but if you say your staff is perfect then whats the need for you then.

Interview Questions
    • how are you on controls? Tell me what you know about our control system here?   Answer Question
    there wasnt one I just took the job because it was a great opportunity.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in July 2012.

The interview process was pretty quick, basic and easy, anyone can go through it. Just make sure your appearance and mannerisms are up to par and you'll get the job. I found out I was hired through email within 5 days, when I was asked to pick up paper work to take a drug test. Everything after follows back to back with orientation and training.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I would take a supervisor position if offered.   View Answer
    No negotiation. There's a set pay rate negotiated by the union.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in July 2014.

A week after completing the application online for a position at the US Open, I was emailed for an in-person interview. The interview was open and there were about 30-40 people there. I filled out the paperwork, they called me into the room to talk to the recruiter, he asked simple questions like "What previous customer service experience do you have?" and "Why do you want to work for Levy."
    Immediately after, I was told I was hired and I would have to attend training in 2 weeks, then start. Also, everyone has to take an online alcohol awareness questionnaire before the class. It's really easy.

Just dress appropriately (about 15/40 people there were wearing a suit) and have a smile on your face and it should go smoothly. Also, make sure you have at least two relevant experiences for the job you're applying to.

Cook Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in September 2013.

It is pretty fast to be hired if you are recommended by someone else but im not sure about regular entrees. most of the people are hired by referral. The most difficult part is the drug test and background check but if you are clear you are fine.

Cook II Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in October 2012.

short and simple there was a long group interview in Brooklyn's library they were about 100 people then there was a second interview happened at the job and then a drug test then orientation

Culinary Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in March 2014.

I went in for a cook position. Half way through the interview the managers stopped me and asked if I'd like to try for a supervisor position. I told them that I'd never been a supervisor but anything I didn't know, I'd be willing to learn. I told them I have a passion for the restaurant industry and they said they saw a spark in me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about training a group of new employees?   View Answer
    After the interview I was offered the job, then filled out paperwork to be processed in.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Levy Restaurants.

The process started with an email then simple phone interview. I was put through a short in person interview and later offered the job. There was a long wait between the interview and the offer, which I have learned is just normal due to the review process. All of the interview questions were basic and related directly to my experiences.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Levy Restaurants.

The initial communication was through a phone call to schedule a phone interview after I applied online. Once the phone interview was scheduled there was a 5 step interview process. Step one Phone interview with Hiring Manager. Step two: Interview with Department Manager. Step three: Interview with Director of Operations. Step four: Interview with Regional Manager. Step five: Interview with General Manager

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult or techinal questions. The questions were more experience related.   Answer Question

Suites-Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in December 2013.

Initial interview with immediate superior then in-person interview with Managing Director - very conversational but be sure to know how you will work with the staff as that is their first priority.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to this position and/or do differently?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in July 2013.

Can you walk and talk? They hire ANYONE who is clean and can do both of those things. Qualifications of experience is NOT important to them. No joke. go on craigslist they are always hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Can you walk or talk. They ask no questions. No drug test. People of color, most likely they will not hire you.   View Answer
    What negotiation? Worked there for a decade. They needed bodies and they know I can deliver fast and efficiently .

Worked for Levy Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!