Levy Restaurants

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cook Interview

Cook

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in September 2013.

Interview Details – It is pretty fast to be hired if you are recommended by someone else but im not sure about regular entrees. most of the people are hired by referral. The most difficult part is the drug test and background check but if you are clear you are fine.

Interview Question – I didn't got to many questions asked so im not wure   Answer Question

Cook II Interview

Cook II

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in October 2012.

Interview Details – short and simple there was a long group interview in Brooklyn's library they were about 100 people then there was a second interview happened at the job and then a drug test then orientation

Interview Question – I didn't really get any difficulty unexpected?   Answer Question

Culinary Supervisor Interview

Culinary Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in March 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for a cook position. Half way through the interview the managers stopped me and asked if I'd like to try for a supervisor position. I told them that I'd never been a supervisor but anything I didn't know, I'd be willing to learn. I told them I have a passion for the restaurant industry and they said they saw a spark in me.

Interview Question – How would you go about training a group of new employees?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After the interview I was offered the job, then filled out paperwork to be processed in.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Levy Restaurants.

Interview Details – The process started with an email then simple phone interview. I was put through a short in person interview and later offered the job. There was a long wait between the interview and the offer, which I have learned is just normal due to the review process. All of the interview questions were basic and related directly to my experiences.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Levy Restaurants.

Interview Details – The initial communication was through a phone call to schedule a phone interview after I applied online. Once the phone interview was scheduled there was a 5 step interview process. Step one Phone interview with Hiring Manager. Step two: Interview with Department Manager. Step three: Interview with Director of Operations. Step four: Interview with Regional Manager. Step five: Interview with General Manager

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult or techinal questions. The questions were more experience related.   Answer Question

Suites-Floor Supervisor Interview

Suites-Floor Supervisor
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview with immediate superior then in-person interview with Managing Director - very conversational but be sure to know how you will work with the staff as that is their first priority.

Interview Question – What will you bring to this position and/or do differently?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in July 2013.

Interview Details – Can you walk and talk? They hire ANYONE who is clean and can do both of those things. Qualifications of experience is NOT important to them. No joke. go on craigslist they are always hiring.

Interview Question – Can you walk or talk. They ask no questions. No drug test. People of color, most likely they will not hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What negotiation? Worked there for a decade. They needed bodies and they know I can deliver fast and efficiently .

Vendor At Wrigley Field Interview

Vendor At Wrigley Field
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Levy Restaurants in March 2010.

Interview Details – You call the Union, sign up for one of the orientation dates, then listen to a seminar that presents information for standard exams to pass so you can be a vendor.

Interview Question – Standard questions — nothing too personal either.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Levy Restaurants.

Interview Details – two step interview , should know a few things about the company

Interview Question – every question was answerable   Answer Question

Concessions Manager Interview

Concessions Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Levy Restaurants.

Interview Details – Initial contact made by HR with detailed information on time; date and contact. The process was not stressful at all. The first interview was conducted by HR hiring manager to vet you and match qualifications. The second interview was conducted by General Manager.

Interview Question – What revenue streams were implemented by you to increase revenue and why was this your idea and not part of your company standard operating procedure.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Levy Restaurants

Worked for Levy Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Levy Restaurants interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Levy Restaurants employees and interview candidates.