Lewis PR Inc Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Typical process for large agency; preliminary phone call with agency recruiter followed by longer phone call with account manager, submitted a couple writing samples, was called in for an interview a few weeks later. There was a delay between phone interviews and in-person interview because hiring for the position was put on hold. Went in for two in-person interviews on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What have you pitched?
      What tech news do you follow?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with a person from the talent acquisition department was fairly easy. If they like you, you get called in for a series of in-person interviews. There are roughly 2-3 interviews with 1-2 interviewers at a time. If you make it through several rounds of in-person interviews, you will have to perform a fairly standard writing sample of a blog and some social media content (tweets, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) The whole process took around 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your tech news? What are your favorite twitter handles to follow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, pay is fairly low but along the lines of other agencies.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc in August 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews, one in person interview. I thought the interviewers were condescending and unprepared. I know that schedules change but I was not able to speak with anyone I was scheduled to speak with; interviewers were always last minute alternates.

I thought the interviewers were condescending and unprepared. I felt that my time was not respected, consdiering how long the process took. Many emails and phone calls were not responded to promptly.

After six weeks I received an offer that was quite a bit lower than we had previously discussed. Very disappointing. Would not recommend this company based on these interactions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The process was very comfortable while remaining informative. I was interviewed by an HR person as well as a VP of the company and we mostly talked about my experience in PR and communications and my knowledge of the tech industry. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and they answered all the questions I had brought to them.

Interview Questions

• What media platforms do you use to stay updated on the news?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Application is online. Includes basic info form, resume and cover letter. If they are interested they will contact you. In my experience it was a very quick turnaround, within a few days. They then schedule an in-person interview to occur as soon as possible. The longest part of the process was the week and a half or so I waited to hear back that I was hired. Was interviewed by an HR employee and a VP.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was whether I preferred B2B or B2C more, because I hadn't worked somewhere that used these terms before. Most unexpected was how in depth they went about random tidbits from my past, but that was easy to talk about and was probably just to get to know my personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is an unpaid internship, so no salary negotiation took place. Only had to nail down which days I would come in to the office. Set benefits of $10 travel and $10 meal expenditure per work day.

Social Media and Digital Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online with resume and cover letter. I was initially asked for a phone interview with two of their Digital Marketing Managers and one Senior Manager. After the phone interview, I was contacted for an hour long in-person interview with 3 different rounds of questions from varying levels of management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their HR person was out for a while so the negotiation/hiring phase took longer than usual.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I started talking with an HR liaison from the Lewis San Francsico office. After a phone screening, I met with the team in San Diego for a San Diego-based position and had a good experience. The team was approachable, interested in past experience and competitive when it came to discussing salary and benefits. They shared details about their office, scheduling, and what makes Lewis unique. There is a focus on technology and given that it is an international agency, they talked about the opportunity to work in another office within the global network via an exchange program.

Interview Questions

• The team was very interested in my past PR experience at other local San Diego agencies. They asked about experience in the tech space, asked about media relationships, secured coverage, work culture and preferences. The phone screening was more beneficial for me as they really shared a lot about the culture and expectations of the office and the role. The team in the SD office was really only concerned with learning about what my experience was like at a competitive agency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

They asked questions specifically relating to my experience in working with tech clients, recent tech-related articles I read and favorite reading material (list tech and social media-related pubs), my involvement in social media, in addition to the typical interview questions (i.e. my weaknesses, strengths, why do I want to work for them, etc.). The HR Manager is very friendly but don't let that relax you too much, be friendly back but maintain professionalism of course. The employees were interviewed me during the 2nd in-person interview were very friendly but asked very direct, sometimes difficult, questions. It seemed to go really well, I had a positive feeling about it all but competition is tough.

Interview Questions

• My weaknesses,how i handle mistakes, when asked to do something do I concentrate on the process or goal/end result?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

They have 3 stages of interviews. First one, as they say, is just to "get to know you." It is more like a screening used to verify what is on your resume and ask you regular interview questions. The second interview is where you get grilled by more than one consultant, and the third is where you meet and the executives and receive your offer.

Honestly, it seems like these interviews do not mean anything unless you have what they are looking for on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you changed an organization with your ideals for the better.   Answer Question

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lewis PR Inc (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stage interview - first being an informal conversation about my experience and career goals. Second involved a presentation and case study of how I will approach the role. It's a detailed but swift process that I really engaged with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted without hesitation. It's a great role.