LexisNexis Canada Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. in June 2014.

Interview

I spent more time interviewing with the recruiter, head of HR and peers than speaking with the hiring manager. The entire process moved incredibly slowly, often with 3-4 week gaps in communication.

Such a poor and slow process indicates a disengaged team which reflects the feedback I've heard from former employees. I decided to pursue other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was very high level. No in-depth questions were asked at all.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Round 1: Telephone interview with HR (Basic)

Round 2: In-person interview (Met with HR and Marketing Manager for approx. 45 minutes. Most comprehensive round of the four)

Round 3: Met with the Marketing Director (Basic. HR asked for references around the same time this interview took place and took 2-3 weeks to get back to me. Received a pass to the next round very quickly after this interview)

Round 4: Met with the VP (Basic. Interview only lasted for 20 minutes and this company took a really long time to get back to me)

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. in August 2012.

Interview

Initial contact by outside recruiter, then screening interview with HR.

Then was scheduled for in person interview and later contacted for additional phone interview with remote staff.

2 additional phone interviews, 1 with 2 members of the group and the final interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• give me 3 negative qualities about your self your co-workers would point out if asked.?   Answer Question

Salary was too low for responsibilities and expectations of the role

Finance Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

No point in interviewing at LexisNexis Canada, because this place is ridiculous, especially the new management does not have a clue about the industry and working on hit or miss basis and offcourse the company is tanking

Interview Questions

• no need to point out as you should not apply at this company.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. in May 2009.

Interview

Met with Director of Sales twice. Then met with Director of Sales plus the VP. Several questions getting to know me as a person and if I would fit in with the team. Met with the VP who had specific questions. Then met with Director and Sales Manager before being presented with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why was I wanting to leave my current position at the time   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vacation time and base pay.