LexisNexis Canada Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.2

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. (Markham, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

1st step - Phone Interview, 2nd step - HR Director Interview, 3rd step - CEO Interview / I've got picked by senior management recruiter for the initial interview. And then senior (internal) recruiting consultant had been function as a medium between the company & me through the interview process.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. (Markham, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Saw the ad on Linkedin and applied in early December 2014. Had a pre-screening phone interview with HR, enquiring basically about my work status, availability and salary expectations. Said next round of interviews will be after the new year. Got a call just after the new year, for a F2F interview with the Agency Manager. Interview went alright, and i was told there are a few other candidates for consideration. Got a call from the Hiring Manager, asking me to come back for a 2nd F2F interview with the Director of Marketing - again had a pretty solid interview, and was informed that I will know the results the following week. January 20th, I got the offer. All in all, a pretty quick turnaround, i suppose it was because it was a Contract for a Mat Leave cover, so they were looking to fill the position fully. Also having a friend who worked there, put in a good word, helped out i think!

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to measure and improve the performance of a marketing campaign   1 Answer

Director of Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. in June 2014.

Interview

I spent more time interviewing with the recruiter, head of HR and peers than speaking with the hiring manager. The entire process moved incredibly slowly, often with 3-4 week gaps in communication. Such a poor and slow process indicates a disengaged team which reflects the feedback I've heard from former employees. I decided to pursue other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was very high level. No in-depth questions were asked at all.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Round 1: Telephone interview with HR (Basic) Round 2: In-person interview (Met with HR and Marketing Manager for approx. 45 minutes. Most comprehensive round of the four) Round 3: Met with the Marketing Director (Basic. HR asked for references around the same time this interview took place and took 2-3 weeks to get back to me. Received a pass to the next round very quickly after this interview) Round 4: Met with the VP (Basic. Interview only lasted for 20 minutes and this company took a really long time to get back to me)

Originally A Sales Leadership Role, Then A Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

the HR manager was professional and thorough in her interviewing. I invested a lot of time to get to know her, the expectations of the role and she also invested a lot of time to get to know my personality, experience and expectation of the role. It all sounded so good... but the process went extremely fast... which raised a flag for me... I think back and they may have found the perfect replacement for the director who was tossed like an old teabag, after working and committed to the brand for many years

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a campaign where you had good success and describe the success.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little more money. I recommend you also negotiate to get benefits kicked in immediately, because I found out later that they gave this to others... rather than waiting 3 months newer employees were on benefit plans straight away.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. in August 2012.

Interview

Initial contact by outside recruiter, then screening interview with HR. Then was scheduled for in person interview and later contacted for additional phone interview with remote staff. 2 additional phone interviews, 1 with 2 members of the group and the final interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• give me 3 negative qualities about your self your co-workers would point out if asked.?   Answer Question

Salary was too low for responsibilities and expectations of the role

Finance Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

No point in interviewing at LexisNexis Canada, because this place is ridiculous, especially the new management does not have a clue about the industry and working on hit or miss basis and offcourse the company is tanking

Interview Questions

• no need to point out as you should not apply at this company.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Canada Inc. in May 2009.

Interview

Met with Director of Sales twice. Then met with Director of Sales plus the VP. Several questions getting to know me as a person and if I would fit in with the team. Met with the VP who had specific questions. Then met with Director and Sales Manager before being presented with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why was I wanting to leave my current position at the time   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vacation time and base pay.