LexisNexis Legal & Professional

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

The entire process took 3-4 weeks. The final step was the STAR testing which they were just piloting during that time.

Interview Questions
  • I don't recall any questions out of the ordinary. It was most of the fundamental questions about success/failures/challenging scenarious from previous jobs.   Answer Question
They were not negotiable on salary.

Other Interview Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

After applying, I was contacted approximately a month later for an initial phone interview with an HR rep. Within days, I was emailed to schedule an interview with an AE in that region and we scheduled a phone interview a few days out. I was then emailed to schedule a third interview with another AE, which I scheduled for the same day as the second interview. The questions in both interviews were not exactly the same, but the gist was. After speaking with them both, approximately a week later, I was offered a slightly longer phone interview with the regional manager and another AE in the region. A couple days after completing that interview, I was alerted that I was invited to an in person interview in the city that the position would be based in and asked to complete a personality indicator. The in person interview included a persuasive presentation and a role playing segment, following a panel interview by the regional manager and a few AEs. Following the in person interview, I had a final interview with a different HR representative for a total of 6 interviews. While all of the interviewers were friendly, the process was so taxing and so much time had been put into the process that not being offered the position is a bigger let down, than it would have been otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, but there is an expectation that at the in person interview, you're clear enough about the job description to present a pretty spot on 90 day business plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in November 2011.

I had a 15 minute phone screen, then a 1 hour phone interview with dept. manager. The next step was a 3 hour in person multi-interview. The in-person interview was with the department head, then HR generalist, then HR manager. All consisted of routine question ad nauseum about my background, not much regarding the open position. Many red flags were raised considering the position. It is very undefined. The dept. currently exists of only the manager. There are no plans for much growth (3-4 sales position after 2 years!), despite the company is marketing a newer technology. They appear to be not very opptimistic. With over 10 years of sales experience in the tech sector, i would not recommend interviewing for this position, unless, in a dire employment situation.

Interview Questions
    • Define your technical sales experience.   View Answer

I withdrew my application 6 weeks after my interview. After not hearing about the status of my application, despite numerous attempts to contact HR, I withdrew my application. One would expect a courtesy follow up after a grueling 3 hour interview. Fortunately, I interviewed with a more "professional" technology firm and accepted their offer after a much more defined and logical interview process.

Account Executive Interview

Very rigid process. They take the hiring very seriously.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and how have you overcome them?   Answer Question
    There is some room for negotiation but not much.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2011.

Contacted by outside recruiter. Two telephone interviews with hiring manager. Given two days to learn product then flew to 1:1 meeting with hiring manager. Gave demo of their product and sales pitch. Met 1:1 with then VP of the group. More of a causal getting to know you kind of meeting. Offer came through recruiter after a few days. Really low base but I was able to negotiate additional $10k. Whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was all typical questions one would expect for a Sales position. There were two tests I was required to take that tested problem solving, logic and mathematical skills. It was timed taken from my home via the web. It simply was the first time I had encountered that so it was different. I was told I scored extremely high and they would share results but I asked, never saw the results, and then just forgot about it. I was uncomfortable but others may find it easy. I thought it was hard.   Answer Question
    Definitely negotiate the base and negotiate the PTO. Also negotiate the guarantee on compensation for the beginning. Shoot for 3-4 months. I only got two. Was told the sales cycle was much shorter than it was. I discovered from colleagues I could have gotten more. Key is to negotiate all these points at the same time. I could have done better.

Account Executive Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in March 2010.

This was possibly the worst interview experience I have had. I had 3 interviews total, 2 phone interviews (no idea why a second was necessary, must be the lack of communication that was evident from my experience with Lexis) and a panel interview with presentation. The first indication I had of the potential salary range was at the 3rd interview; there was absolutely no transparency in the process. They interviewed almost 10 people for the final position. I am pretty sure they could have narrowed the selection of people that they spoke with for the third and final interview by telling them the salary range, DURING THE FIRST INTERVIEW! This just reflects what all the other posters are saying about this job, poor management. Oh well, no wonder they are no longer preferred over Westlaw.

Interview Questions

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!