LexisNexis Legal & Professional

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Account Manager Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

You will interview with a lot of people. Be prepared to do a presentation. Questions are based on target selection. Be sure to give specific examples based on past experience.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever worked in a highly matrixed environment and describe your role.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Account Manager Interview

Lexis requires applicants to go through so many interviews that you lose site of what job you originally applied for. Interviewed 6 different times for a position that had no direct reports.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2011.

over the course of a week I had a phone interview with the person who I would be reporting to, a short personality ssesment, a one hour face to face inyterview with the same person a phone interview with his counterpart in LA that lasted about 2030 minutes, another very lengthy assesment that included math ,vocabulary qnd a numbver of either/or type questions.
    Everything was go go go and then
    No No No
    Neither manger I talked to could answer questions about their renewal percentages or the number of customers in the vacant territory,
    all red flags for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2010.

Applied online and received a confirmation of application receipt. Approx 1 week later rec'd a call from nice recruiter who asked some general background questions. She told me that she would permit me to speak with the hiring manager. Hiring manager called at designated time and asked me some more detailed questions about my experience.
    Soon thereafter, the recruiter called wrote back to inform me that I am invited to interview in person in a week or so. Interviewed with hiring manager and her boss, it took about 45min and seemed to go well. I wroted a thank you to all parties involved and waited. And waited. And waited. Left a VM for recuiter once and heard nothing back. Emailed her a week later and she said that they have only spoken with people that have been ruled out, so I was happy.
    Waited and waited and waited and finaly wrote again after seeing the posting afresh online. She told me I didn't get it. I doubt she would have told me anything if I didn't pester her. It was an honor to be considered but a pain in the posterior process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handle multiple projects that may have pressing attention needs?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in June 2009.

Applied online after referred by current employee. Met with two managers. One was in a restaurant, and the other was in a hotel room. Both interviews were very casual and comfortable. The position I was interviewing for was very much about sales, promotions and managing accounts. Therefore, it was more of a personality-style interview. Lots of comfortable talk about past experiences, job expectations, company culture and personal talk.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 things that motivate you.   View Answer
    • How do you feel about entertaining clients after hours in events like dinners, golf outings, ballgames, etc. (May not seem like a tough question, but when you are married with kids, you don't want to commit to being gone around the clock.)   View Answers (2)

Account Manager Interview

Expect a lengthy interview process, meeting with many people.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a 5 minute presentation on any topic you choose.   Answer Question
    No negotiation