LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions in Dayton, OH

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2014.

I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Questions
    • I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question

Legal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2014.

It took a month and a half from the initial application via their application system to being contacted by a recruiter. Initially, we set a date for a phone interview, but the recruiter canceled it with less than one hour before the interview VIA EMAIL and not by phone. This caught me off guard as I specifically took a day off of work to accommodate the interview appointment. This is also unacceptable given the short notice period and the lack of courtesy to notify me by phone as I am not always tied to my computer. We made subsequent attempts at re-scheduling the phone interview, but the recruiter flatly stated that she rather attends softball practices than to interview me for 15 minutes over the phone and was unwilling to fit me into her schedule. Because I already took a day off for this, I could not take more days off just to have further cancellations, as such I could only conduct interview at or after 5PM, which in many corporations are still considered within business hours. When I contacted her supervisor to lodge a complaint, I received a nice and professional response from him. Thereafter, she lied and called me during a time she proposed earlier at 3PM, a time which I stated clearly I would not be available due to my current employment. This is clear to me that it was her last attempt to show her "effort" to her supervisor at scheduling my interview. It's a "CYA" move at best. No further contact was made about the position even though I wrote her and tried to make nice by characterizing her call as "mis-communication". I am disappointed that such a reputable company would allow a recruiter to treat a job seeker this way since a lot of job seekers who are employed cannot just drop their work to answer phone calls. The fact that I already used a vacation day to accommodate her but she canceled with less than an hour to the interview time should speak volume about how you will be treated once hired. I went from being very excited to be given a phone interview to highly disappointed and irritated by the irresponsible behavior and lack of courtesy of LexisNexis.

Interview Questions
    • To be sure that the talent recruiter will keep the interview time with you.   View Answer

V Interviews Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

You will meet with up to 7 different sales managers in one or two sessions individually. They want to see how well you know the sales process and how motivated you are. Sell yourself and make a good first impression.

Interview Questions
    • How many windows are there in NYC? How did you come up with that number?   Answer Question

Interaction Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in March 2012.

The company came on campus. The manager asked me general questions about my skills, few academic projects and asked me to rate myself in various skills and software.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2011.

I had two phone interviews and was offered the position. It went quickly and I was pleased with the process. I interviewed with the person I reported to and the VP of the department. The second interview took a while to schedule, but only because the VP was out of town. Becuase the interviews were phone interviews, I can't comment on perceptions of the office and work culture. But my perceptions of the team I would be working were good, I was excited about the opportunity after the interviews, and looked forward to joining the team. I was familiar with the company and work culture, having known many people who have worked for LexisNexis over the years.

Interview Questions
    • Work history   View Answer
    • How can you contribute to our team and the success of our organization?   View Answer
    There was no need to negotiate, they offered me a very competitive salary and the benefits are fantastic.

News/ Finance Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2008.

Since this is a low level CSR job, i didn't expect too much stress from the interview process. standard questions included: describe how you deal with customer, how did you handle your toughest customer, what background do you have in customer service, do you like to answer phones, etc...