LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Very Difficult Interview

Legal Research Analyst Interview

Legal Research Analyst
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2014.

Interview Details – It took a month and a half from the initial application via their application system to being contacted by a recruiter. Initially, we set a date for a phone interview, but the recruiter canceled it with less than one hour before the interview VIA EMAIL and not by phone. This caught me off guard as I specifically took a day off of work to accommodate the interview appointment. This is also unacceptable given the short notice period and the lack of courtesy to notify me by phone as I am not always tied to my computer. We made subsequent attempts at re-scheduling the phone interview, but the recruiter flatly stated that she rather attends softball practices than to interview me for 15 minutes over the phone and was unwilling to fit me into her schedule. Because I already took a day off for this, I could not take more days off just to have further cancellations, as such I could only conduct interview at or after 5PM, which in many corporations are still considered within business hours. When I contacted her supervisor to lodge a complaint, I received a nice and professional response from him. Thereafter, she lied and called me during a time she proposed earlier at 3PM, a time which I stated clearly I would not be available due to my current employment. This is clear to me that it was her last attempt to show her "effort" to her supervisor at scheduling my interview. It's a "CYA" move at best. No further contact was made about the position even though I wrote her and tried to make nice by characterizing her call as "mis-communication". I am disappointed that such a reputable company would allow a recruiter to treat a job seeker this way since a lot of job seekers who are employed cannot just drop their work to answer phone calls. The fact that I already used a vacation day to accommodate her but she canceled with less than an hour to the interview time should speak volume about how you will be treated once hired. I went from being very excited to be given a phone interview to highly disappointed and irritated by the irresponsible behavior and lack of courtesy of LexisNexis.

Interview Question – To be sure that the talent recruiter will keep the interview time with you.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
New Providence, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was already working for the company for five years, so the hire was more of an internal transfer. I had a total of three interviews, one with the VP of our division, one with the Director of CX, and one with the hiring manager who was VP of Product. The most of the questions were related to my background and experience.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

User Experience Engineer/UI Designer Interview

User Experience Engineer/UI Designer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had several phone interviews with different dev teams at this great company in months prior to this opportunity. As soon as they recieved my resume from the contracting agency they called me in immediately for a 1-on1 interview. The entire process took about a week, from submitting my resume, to the interview, and the offer.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say the interview was difficult, but because the position required advanced UI Design knowledge and experience, you would need to be on top of your game to even hold a conversation with these folks. So from my perspective I wasn't thrown any difficult questions in the interview as my portfolio and previous dev experience speak for themselves. We discussed my portfolio, prior work experiences, websites I've built and designed, and then we looked at some internal applications and discussed what my approach toward updating the UI would be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contract position, initially for 3 months which "could be" extended after that. Generous benefit package (through contracting agency). My contract was extended several times for total engagement of 13 months on site.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Question – I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Interview Details – After a phone screen I finally landed an in-person interview. It was very awkward from the beginning. The hiring manger sent a calendar invite with the location of "My Office." Sure, "My Office" might be recognized by his browser and log in credentials, but nobody else's (remember that this is an IT manager). After emailing for clarification, he didn't reply until five minutes before the scheduled interview. Luckily I had found the headquarters but still didn't know which building, etc. He replied "When you enter the campus there are two buildings on your left. Go to the entrance." This still didn't clarify whether one of the two buildings on the left or the main building. I managed to enter the main building, although it wasn't the one he was trying to tell me, he found me nonetheless. The people were friendly, didn't notice anything cult-like. Pretty standard interview despite being interrupted by someone attempting to deliver an ergonomic chair. I elaborated on my experiences with x, y and z appropriately. The very next day I received a rejection email. Next please.

Interview Question – Any experience with functional programming languages?   View Answer

Account Executive Law Schools Interview

Account Executive Law Schools

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details – 4 telephone interviews (with hiring manager, HR department and current Account Executives) and 1 web-based presentation interview. All were very friendly and helpful. Seemed legitimately concerned about whether this position for a fit for me, as well as me being a fit for the company.

Interview Question – Fairly expected questions. Lots of focus on the "independent"/solitary nature of the home-based position.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2010.

Interview Details – A list of questions was used. The second interview was more informal. Both went smoothly. The interview process is very professional. Be prepared! Do your research on the company and the position you are interviewing for. Call 4-6 law firms and get their feedback. On boarding was easy. Training takes up most of the first 3-5 months. Be prepared to work long hours.

Interview Question – Asked for a 30-60-90 plan.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a sales job. No real negotiation. For the sales position, you have a salary the first year.

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details – Had phone interviews with a manager and a VP, then was hired. No in person interview. They were standard behavioral interviews. The second interview there was some confusion on date/time, but we resolved it pretty quickly. It was a very simple, unthreatening process. Although, I wouldn't say the job responsibilities were adequately described in the interview.

Interview Question – It was really a pretty simple process. I articulate my strengths and weaknesses, went throught job history and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate. The salary and bonus offered was fair and a solid increase over my previous salary.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details – The entire process took 3-4 weeks. The final step was the STAR testing which they were just piloting during that time.

Interview Question – I don't recall any questions out of the ordinary. It was most of the fundamental questions about success/failures/challenging scenarious from previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not negotiable on salary.

Legislative Database Analyst Interview

Legislative Database Analyst
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in March 2014.

Interview Details – STAR Method of interview. Tests for behavioral aptitude in given situations from past experiences.

Interview Question – What moment do you regret most with a previous coworker?   Answer Question

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!