LexisNexis Legal & Professional

82 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2011.

Interview Details – Typical interview process without any followup from the recruiter or company. Final interview required a power point presentation with very limited information provided and 1 day to prepare. Was promised a response either way which I never received. If the interview process is anything like that actual job, a lot of preparation and hard work without any acknowledgment than I guess not getting an offer was for the best.

Interview Question – If you knew your most recent position was going to be so challenging and difficult then why did you take it?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had a 15 minute phone screen, then a 1 hour phone interview with dept. manager. The next step was a 3 hour in person multi-interview. The in-person interview was with the department head, then HR generalist, then HR manager. All consisted of routine question ad nauseum about my background, not much regarding the open position. Many red flags were raised considering the position. It is very undefined. The dept. currently exists of only the manager. There are no plans for much growth (3-4 sales position after 2 years!), despite the company is marketing a newer technology. They appear to be not very opptimistic. With over 10 years of sales experience in the tech sector, i would not recommend interviewing for this position, unless, in a dire employment situation.

Interview Question – Define your technical sales experience.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I withdrew my application 6 weeks after my interview. After not hearing about the status of my application, despite numerous attempts to contact HR, I withdrew my application. One would expect a courtesy follow up after a grueling 3 hour interview. Fortunately, I interviewed with a more "professional" technology firm and accepted their offer after a much more defined and logical interview process.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2011.

Interview Details – Not counting interactions with their recruiter (who was great), there were two phone interviews, a face to face with a regional manager and a group interview (including a PP based sales pitch where "I closed them", according to the VP) with two RM's and a sales VP. The only upside is that it was good practice for the next mid-level sales job that I apply for. The LN guys were all pleasant enough but it would be great if they could go on instinct a little more.

Interview Question – I don't remember. Nothing too interrogatory.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details – After applying, I was contacted approximately a month later for an initial phone interview with an HR rep. Within days, I was emailed to schedule an interview with an AE in that region and we scheduled a phone interview a few days out. I was then emailed to schedule a third interview with another AE, which I scheduled for the same day as the second interview. The questions in both interviews were not exactly the same, but the gist was. After speaking with them both, approximately a week later, I was offered a slightly longer phone interview with the regional manager and another AE in the region. A couple days after completing that interview, I was alerted that I was invited to an in person interview in the city that the position would be based in and asked to complete a personality indicator. The in person interview included a persuasive presentation and a role playing segment, following a panel interview by the regional manager and a few AEs. Following the in person interview, I had a final interview with a different HR representative for a total of 6 interviews. While all of the interviewers were friendly, the process was so taxing and so much time had been put into the process that not being offered the position is a bigger let down, than it would have been otherwise.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, but there is an expectation that at the in person interview, you're clear enough about the job description to present a pretty spot on 90 day business plan.   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2013.

Interview Details – First contact was a phone call to set up a phone screen. After the phone screen there was a couple week wait and then a call for a face-to-face. Just prior to this meeting was another call from the company helping to explain how the details of the interview. After the face-to-face interview, and being told I was being moved on to the next phase, there was silence for two weeks until the scheduler finally returned my messages ans explained that another candidate had been hired.

Interview Question – A presentation was part of the interview process and although I was allowed to present on my current career, I work in a niche industry. I am not sure the interviewer completely understood what I did for a living and how it related   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initially two or 3 phone interviews, the 1st is very basic. The second is with the hiring manager and then a peer of that manager. In person interview with hiring manager and then with hiring manager and his/her VP.

Interview Question – Name the last 5 sales books that I had read.   Answer Question

V Interviews Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details – You will meet with up to 7 different sales managers in one or two sessions individually. They want to see how well you know the sales process and how motivated you are. Sell yourself and make a good first impression.

Interview Question – How many windows are there in NYC? How did you come up with that number?   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by outside recruiter. Two telephone interviews with hiring manager. Given two days to learn product then flew to 1:1 meeting with hiring manager. Gave demo of their product and sales pitch. Met 1:1 with then VP of the group. More of a causal getting to know you kind of meeting. Offer came through recruiter after a few days. Really low base but I was able to negotiate additional $10k. Whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Question – None. It was all typical questions one would expect for a Sales position. There were two tests I was required to take that tested problem solving, logic and mathematical skills. It was timed taken from my home via the web. It simply was the first time I had encountered that so it was different. I was told I scored extremely high and they would share results but I asked, never saw the results, and then just forgot about it. I was uncomfortable but others may find it easy. I thought it was hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definitely negotiate the base and negotiate the PTO. Also negotiate the guarantee on compensation for the beginning. Shoot for 3-4 months. I only got two. Was told the sales cycle was much shorter than it was. I discovered from colleagues I could have gotten more. Key is to negotiate all these points at the same time. I could have done better.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, followed by peer panel interview, followed by management panel interview.

Negotiation Details – short negotiation process

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 different level managers following an initial phone interview. Very selective in hiring process.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you were faced with a difficult task and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LexisNexis Legal & Professional interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by LexisNexis Legal & Professional employees and interview candidates.