LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.8

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2011.

Typical interview process without any followup from the recruiter or company. Final interview required a power point presentation with very limited information provided and 1 day to prepare. Was promised a response either way which I never received. If the interview process is anything like that actual job, a lot of preparation and hard work without any acknowledgment than I guess not getting an offer was for the best.

Interview Questions
    • If you knew your most recent position was going to be so challenging and difficult then why did you take it?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in November 2011.

I had a 15 minute phone screen, then a 1 hour phone interview with dept. manager. The next step was a 3 hour in person multi-interview. The in-person interview was with the department head, then HR generalist, then HR manager. All consisted of routine question ad nauseum about my background, not much regarding the open position. Many red flags were raised considering the position. It is very undefined. The dept. currently exists of only the manager. There are no plans for much growth (3-4 sales position after 2 years!), despite the company is marketing a newer technology. They appear to be not very opptimistic. With over 10 years of sales experience in the tech sector, i would not recommend interviewing for this position, unless, in a dire employment situation.

Interview Questions
    • Define your technical sales experience.   View Answer

I withdrew my application 6 weeks after my interview. After not hearing about the status of my application, despite numerous attempts to contact HR, I withdrew my application. One would expect a courtesy follow up after a grueling 3 hour interview. Fortunately, I interviewed with a more "professional" technology firm and accepted their offer after a much more defined and logical interview process.

Legal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2014.

It took a month and a half from the initial application via their application system to being contacted by a recruiter. Initially, we set a date for a phone interview, but the recruiter canceled it with less than one hour before the interview VIA EMAIL and not by phone. This caught me off guard as I specifically took a day off of work to accommodate the interview appointment. This is also unacceptable given the short notice period and the lack of courtesy to notify me by phone as I am not always tied to my computer. We made subsequent attempts at re-scheduling the phone interview, but the recruiter flatly stated that she rather attends softball practices than to interview me for 15 minutes over the phone and was unwilling to fit me into her schedule. Because I already took a day off for this, I could not take more days off just to have further cancellations, as such I could only conduct interview at or after 5PM, which in many corporations are still considered within business hours. When I contacted her supervisor to lodge a complaint, I received a nice and professional response from him. Thereafter, she lied and called me during a time she proposed earlier at 3PM, a time which I stated clearly I would not be available due to my current employment. This is clear to me that it was her last attempt to show her "effort" to her supervisor at scheduling my interview. It's a "CYA" move at best. No further contact was made about the position even though I wrote her and tried to make nice by characterizing her call as "mis-communication". I am disappointed that such a reputable company would allow a recruiter to treat a job seeker this way since a lot of job seekers who are employed cannot just drop their work to answer phone calls. The fact that I already used a vacation day to accommodate her but she canceled with less than an hour to the interview time should speak volume about how you will be treated once hired. I went from being very excited to be given a phone interview to highly disappointed and irritated by the irresponsible behavior and lack of courtesy of LexisNexis.

Interview Questions
    • To be sure that the talent recruiter will keep the interview time with you.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2014.

I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Questions
    • I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2010.

A list of questions was used. The second interview was more informal. Both went smoothly. The interview process is very professional. Be prepared! Do your research on the company and the position you are interviewing for. Call 4-6 law firms and get their feedback. On boarding was easy. Training takes up most of the first 3-5 months. Be prepared to work long hours.

Interview Questions
    It was a sales job. No real negotiation. For the sales position, you have a salary the first year.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2013.

First contact was a phone call to set up a phone screen. After the phone screen there was a couple week wait and then a call for a face-to-face. Just prior to this meeting was another call from the company helping to explain how the details of the interview. After the face-to-face interview, and being told I was being moved on to the next phase, there was silence for two weeks until the scheduler finally returned my messages ans explained that another candidate had been hired.

Interview Questions
    • A presentation was part of the interview process and although I was allowed to present on my current career, I work in a niche industry. I am not sure the interviewer completely understood what I did for a living and how it related   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2011.

Not counting interactions with their recruiter (who was great), there were two phone interviews, a face to face with a regional manager and a group interview (including a PP based sales pitch where "I closed them", according to the VP) with two RM's and a sales VP. The only upside is that it was good practice for the next mid-level sales job that I apply for. The LN guys were all pleasant enough but it would be great if they could go on instinct a little more.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2010.

Initial phone interview, followed by peer panel interview, followed by management panel interview.

short negotiation process

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2008.

Applied and received call in about a month. Interview was done by a panel and by the manager. I was pretty much sure to get the job as my previous work experience matches to the project and I did.

Interview Questions
    • How long are you planning on staying ?   View Answer
    Fair

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2011.

Interviewed with 3 different level managers following an initial phone interview. Very selective in hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you were faced with a difficult task and how did you handle it.   Answer Question