LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line. Received a call from recruiter. Had a fairly standard interview, tell me about your experience, why are you leaving your current job. Called in a week alter to meet with recruiter in person and then to meet with 3 team members. They asked fairly straight forward questions, nothing tricky or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a group and someone didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

2 stage process. First stage: Informal Second stage: Business plan presentation The first stage of the interview was great getting to know the account director, he made me feel at ease and it was nothing too challenging - just a general chit chat to see if I would fit in the company culturally. Second stage was the tricky part. There were two people present, the account director and his boss. The boss was difficult to read...they ask thorough questions about the companies products etc and ask competency based questions to see how you articulate yourself and if you are the right fit for the company. I was told the whole process takes around 4 weeks before they make an offer. Although I didn't get an offer, all in all great experience, great company and whoever gets the job - consider yourself very lucky as the account director (Martin) is lovely and very easy to converse with.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Describe a time where you showed great attention to detail? Why Lexis Nexis?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Describe past experiences; mostly behavioral questions; some technical questions on past experience; top question (why are you looking for a move? and What makes you good candidate for this opportunity?); Interview with hiring manager, director & VP on same day; It was a good interview on overall basis

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process. I got in through a friend introduction - sent letter of interest to Regional Manager. Spoke briefly by phone, and was handed over to the HR process. HR took me through the paperwork, initial phone screen, etc. Then had series of 1:1 interviews in office. Waited 2 weeks and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical uninspiring questions: Tell me why we should hire you? What is your greatest weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Longer interview process. Took 4 interviews with time in between. First stage is an initial phone interview, then that moves into an in person interview with a manager. If that goes well you will have to do a field ride or 2 and that will turn into a final meeting with the Vp of sales. If all that goes well you should receive the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked the full spectrum of all interview questions   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward process. Contacted a couple of weeks after submitting my application to set up first a phone screen, and then an in-person interview at the company offices. The phone screen was standard - discussion of salary, why this role, overall CV review. In-person interview was more in-depth and included several behavioural questions.

LexisNexis Student Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Oxford, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

1 hour interview with a hiring manager and a task which I prepared beforehand. The interview was the competency skills approach followed by a discussion about the task I have prepared. The discussion started with me explaining my approach to the tasks and ended with me answering the hiring manager's questions about it.

Interview Questions

• Normal competency questions and some scenario questions to see how you deal with certain events.   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

1 short phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. We set up a second interview about a week later that lasted an hour. There was a three person panel asking the questions. A lot of situational questions. They seemed really interested but then never got back to me. I followed up with an email a week later and an email two weeks later and they still never even let me know that they went in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you had with a coworker and how you dealt with that problem.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Delhi (India)).

Interview

I was called for three rounds i.e. HR, Technical and with the Hiring Manager. I was expecting a world class experience since Lexis Nexis boasts of being leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions blah blah.. I was in for a rude shock. Till my interview with the Hiring Manager, everyone was closely following up with me and updating me about the next round. However, after interview with Hiring Manager, I sent an email for update to the HR. No Response. I called them. He told me that I will be informed about the next round by the end of the day. Several emails/phone calls later, today is the third week and I haven't received a word from them. I am not ranting about the fact that I was not selected and every organisation has its own prerogative to choose the best candidate but they are also obliged to at least send an email to other candidates who were interviewed that another person has been chosen. This is the least minimum expected from a so-called world organisation. Clearly displays the kind of work culture, ethics, values etc. Such organisation think that they are the only people who are busy and candidates who come for interviews have no work at all.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. The questions pertained to general discussion about my skills and expertise.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

There were separate and series of interviews with the peers first. The following week was an interview with the supervisor where this position will report to. General and behavioral questions. Nothing that you can not answer if you have prepared for these types of questions.