LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Interaction Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in March 2012.

The company came on campus. The manager asked me general questions about my skills, few academic projects and asked me to rate myself in various skills and software.

Client Manager Interview

Multiple stage with phone and in-person

Interview Questions
    • Name a time at your current job where you made a mistake and how you corrected it or didn't   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

You will interview with a lot of people. Be prepared to do a presentation. Questions are based on target selection. Be sure to give specific examples based on past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked in a highly matrixed environment and describe your role.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in December 2012.

Initially two or 3 phone interviews, the 1st is very basic. The second is with the hiring manager and then a peer of that manager. In person interview with hiring manager and then with hiring manager and his/her VP.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

they asked me to put together a powerpoint, as though I was selling the product - social media solutions to lawyers

Interview Questions
    • talking about competition, again like you're in a sales role   View Answer
    pretty simple... they just are slow at making decisions

Account Manager Interview

Lexis requires applicants to go through so many interviews that you lose site of what job you originally applied for. Interviewed 6 different times for a position that had no direct reports.

Coordinating Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in June 2009.

takes 3-4 months because HR is incompetent, also rude and ignorant of simple courtesies of correspondence

Interview Questions
    • how did you on some occasion balance a decision to get something done fast against the loss of quality necessary to do it quickly   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Providence, Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, Union, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in February 2009.

I was sent in through a temp agency. I had a single interview experience, in which random members of the team came in and out of the room and asked my questions. Their roles were totally unclear, and I had little sense of who among them I might be reporting to or at least answering to.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect to handle this specific aspect of the work when it is so unlike anything you have done before?   View Answer
    No negotiation. The temp agency told me how much I would be paid. They said it was "three months temp-to-perm." I was turned full-time 18 months later.

Coordinating Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in November 2011.

Insane. Often takes four months from time of application to time or hire or rejection. 80% roughly of the jobs posted on their website are not real job-postings---position doesn't exist, position is posted but only to get around requirements when they have already decided to hire internal staff, company is in one of their frequent year-long hiring freezes, position is posted as a placeholder but hasn't been created or funded. Interviews are endless and with six different offices, HR, and managers who have nothing to do with the job or role or department.

Interview Questions
    • Same idiot ones everyone asks---examples of stressful situations and how you handled them, etc.   Answer Question
    Time wasted. The people doing the negotiations have no authority to negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miamisburg, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2008.

Applied and received call in about a month. Interview was done by a panel and by the manager. I was pretty much sure to get the job as my previous work experience matches to the project and I did.

Interview Questions
    • How long are you planning on staying ?   View Answer
    Fair