LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in February 2013.

They were nice and friendly. Not too hard but you should know your resume. They were nice to me. I got another good offer halfway through the process so I didn’t finish the process as a courtesy to them.

Interview Questions
    • They threw a couple of questions at me that were hard because I kept having to ask for more details on the questions. I found some of the behavioral questions to be vague.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

they asked me to put together a powerpoint, as though I was selling the product - social media solutions to lawyers

Interview Questions
    • talking about competition, again like you're in a sales role   View Answer
    pretty simple... they just are slow at making decisions

Account Manager Interview

Lexis requires applicants to go through so many interviews that you lose site of what job you originally applied for. Interviewed 6 different times for a position that had no direct reports.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in December 2012.

Initially two or 3 phone interviews, the 1st is very basic. The second is with the hiring manager and then a peer of that manager. In person interview with hiring manager and then with hiring manager and his/her VP.

Interaction Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in March 2012.

The company came on campus. The manager asked me general questions about my skills, few academic projects and asked me to rate myself in various skills and software.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2012.

Recruiter contacted me after seeing my resume posted online. Wanted to conduct the interview right on the spot which allowed me no time to prepare. After negotiating a more appropriate time to conduct the call we spoke the next day for a half hour.

As a product manager, I've worked multiple product launches and understand the preparation that goes into the launch planning process. I asked the interviewer about the products the department managed and launched and she said she wasn't sure what they were. I asked her also about what stage of the development cycle they were in and she wasn't sure. My questions of her left me feeling that she really had no idea what the position was about.

The questions asked of me were the typical behavior based ones and asked me examples of products I brought to market which I provided a few. She also asked me if I would be willing to relocate for the job which is 5 minutes from my home, which left me scratching my head a bit, but I answered nicely and politely that I am local already for the position.

Overall, a pretty bizarre interview process and I didn't receive a call back but if given the opportunity I would talk with them again.

Coordinating Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in November 2011.

Insane. Often takes four months from time of application to time or hire or rejection. 80% roughly of the jobs posted on their website are not real job-postings---position doesn't exist, position is posted but only to get around requirements when they have already decided to hire internal staff, company is in one of their frequent year-long hiring freezes, position is posted as a placeholder but hasn't been created or funded. Interviews are endless and with six different offices, HR, and managers who have nothing to do with the job or role or department.

Interview Questions
    • Same idiot ones everyone asks---examples of stressful situations and how you handled them, etc.   Answer Question
    Time wasted. The people doing the negotiations have no authority to negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in November 2011.

I had a 15 minute phone screen, then a 1 hour phone interview with dept. manager. The next step was a 3 hour in person multi-interview. The in-person interview was with the department head, then HR generalist, then HR manager. All consisted of routine question ad nauseum about my background, not much regarding the open position. Many red flags were raised considering the position. It is very undefined. The dept. currently exists of only the manager. There are no plans for much growth (3-4 sales position after 2 years!), despite the company is marketing a newer technology. They appear to be not very opptimistic. With over 10 years of sales experience in the tech sector, i would not recommend interviewing for this position, unless, in a dire employment situation.

Interview Questions
    • Define your technical sales experience.   View Answer

I withdrew my application 6 weeks after my interview. After not hearing about the status of my application, despite numerous attempts to contact HR, I withdrew my application. One would expect a courtesy follow up after a grueling 3 hour interview. Fortunately, I interviewed with a more "professional" technology firm and accepted their offer after a much more defined and logical interview process.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2011.

over the course of a week I had a phone interview with the person who I would be reporting to, a short personality ssesment, a one hour face to face inyterview with the same person a phone interview with his counterpart in LA that lasted about 2030 minutes, another very lengthy assesment that included math ,vocabulary qnd a numbver of either/or type questions.
    Everything was go go go and then
    No No No
    Neither manger I talked to could answer questions about their renewal percentages or the number of customers in the vacant territory,
    all red flags for me

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2011.

Not counting interactions with their recruiter (who was great), there were two phone interviews, a face to face with a regional manager and a group interview (including a PP based sales pitch where "I closed them", according to the VP) with two RM's and a sales VP. The only upside is that it was good practice for the next mid-level sales job that I apply for. The LN guys were all pleasant enough but it would be great if they could go on instinct a little more.