LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in February 2011.

Initial recruiter call and screening interview. Typical sales interview questions. Phone and then one on one interview with Regional Manager. Final interview with vice President and Regional Manager together. Nothing surprising. How do you handle failure? Do you like to make cold calls?

Pretty cu and dried low end package. 28K plus commission. promises of 100+, not realistic in this economy for most.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2011.

I was already working for the company for five years, so the hire was more of an internal transfer. I had a total of three interviews, one with the VP of our division, one with the Director of CX, and one with the hiring manager who was VP of Product. The most of the questions were related to my background and experience.

Did not negotiate

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2010.

The PMM for Practice Management Software position has been posted back in August. I applied at the end of September. I received an email followed by a call from the HR recruiter in mid October. One week after the call, I had the face-to-face interviews with the hiring manager and 4 other people. They were all very nice and hospitable. However, the agenda got messed up and ended up spending more time than necessary. The atmosphere and overall ambiance were very negative. All 4 interviewers complained about the company culture (lots of politics, inefficiency, lack of trust, work load, instability).
    According to the recruiter, the company interviewed half of a dozen people prior to my interview. I was the runner up ;-).

Interview Questions
    • In what areas of the Pragmatic Marketing Framework you consider yourself strong.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2010.

A list of questions was used. The second interview was more informal. Both went smoothly. The interview process is very professional. Be prepared! Do your research on the company and the position you are interviewing for. Call 4-6 law firms and get their feedback. On boarding was easy. Training takes up most of the first 3-5 months. Be prepared to work long hours.

Interview Questions
    It was a sales job. No real negotiation. For the sales position, you have a salary the first year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in August 2010.

Interviewed with 3 different people - phone interview, regional manager, and VP.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really typical or unexpected - the VP was slightly rude on purpose to see how I would react.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2010.

Several phone interviews with recruiter, was not interested but they pursued anyway. Did not answer my questions so requested to stop process

Data Retriever Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2010.

One on One interview with HR manager. Mostly behavior questions

Content Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2010.

Initial contact was email response to on-line job application, this was about 10 days after I had submitted the application. In response to the email telephone contact was made. A telephone interview was scheduled with the manager of the group doing the hiring. This initial interview lasted about 1 hour. A follow-up telephone interview was scheduled with a person currently doing a similar job. This took place 4 days after the first interview, it also lasted about 1 hour. A final face-to-face interview took place 3 days later (this involved travel). I accepted an offer from a different company before receiving an offer from Nexis Lexis.

Interview Questions
    • What process do you follow when developing a data model when working with subject matter experts?   View Answer

Received more appropriate offer from another company

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2010.

Applied online and received a confirmation of application receipt. Approx 1 week later rec'd a call from nice recruiter who asked some general background questions. She told me that she would permit me to speak with the hiring manager. Hiring manager called at designated time and asked me some more detailed questions about my experience.
    Soon thereafter, the recruiter called wrote back to inform me that I am invited to interview in person in a week or so. Interviewed with hiring manager and her boss, it took about 45min and seemed to go well. I wroted a thank you to all parties involved and waited. And waited. And waited. Left a VM for recuiter once and heard nothing back. Emailed her a week later and she said that they have only spoken with people that have been ruled out, so I was happy.
    Waited and waited and waited and finaly wrote again after seeing the posting afresh online. She told me I didn't get it. I doubt she would have told me anything if I didn't pester her. It was an honor to be considered but a pain in the posterior process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handle multiple projects that may have pressing attention needs?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2010.

Generally for interns, there's not a lot of process.

Interview Questions
    • What are the technologies that you are familiar with for search and retrieval   View Answer
    • What' Singular Value Decomposition?   Answer Question
    There's little negotiation. They had a set budget for interns.