LexisNexis Legal & Professional Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interviews were ok, nothing unusual, asked typical questions about work experience, personality, some logic and situational questions. On site interviews- another story. People there seemed really fake to say the least. They were being nice out of necessity, and you can clearly tell from the get go whether you got the job or not.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Dayton, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and was offered the position. It went quickly and I was pleased with the process. I interviewed with the person I reported to and the VP of the department. The second interview took a while to schedule, but only because the VP was out of town. Becuase the interviews were phone interviews, I can't comment on perceptions of the office and work culture. But my perceptions of the team I would be working were good, I was excited about the opportunity after the interviews, and looked forward to joining the team. I was familiar with the company and work culture, having known many people who have worked for LexisNexis over the years.

Interview Questions

• Work history   1 Answer
    • How can you contribute to our team and the success of our organization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate, they offered me a very competitive salary and the benefits are fantastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial recruiter call and screening interview. Typical sales interview questions. Phone and then one on one interview with Regional Manager. Final interview with vice President and Regional Manager together. Nothing surprising. How do you handle failure? Do you like to make cold calls?

Negotiation

Pretty cu and dried low end package. 28K plus commission. promises of 100+, not realistic in this economy for most.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New Providence, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

I was already working for the company for five years, so the hire was more of an internal transfer. I had a total of three interviews, one with the VP of our division, one with the Director of CX, and one with the hiring manager who was VP of Product. The most of the questions were related to my background and experience.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Cary, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

The PMM for Practice Management Software position has been posted back in August. I applied at the end of September. I received an email followed by a call from the HR recruiter in mid October. One week after the call, I had the face-to-face interviews with the hiring manager and 4 other people. They were all very nice and hospitable. However, the agenda got messed up and ended up spending more time than necessary. The atmosphere and overall ambiance were very negative. All 4 interviewers complained about the company culture (lots of politics, inefficiency, lack of trust, work load, instability).
    According to the recruiter, the company interviewed half of a dozen people prior to my interview. I was the runner up ;-).

Interview Questions

• In what areas of the Pragmatic Marketing Framework you consider yourself strong.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

A list of questions was used. The second interview was more informal. Both went smoothly. The interview process is very professional. Be prepared! Do your research on the company and the position you are interviewing for. Call 4-6 law firms and get their feedback. On boarding was easy. Training takes up most of the first 3-5 months. Be prepared to work long hours.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a 30-60-90 plan.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a sales job. No real negotiation. For the sales position, you have a salary the first year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people - phone interview, regional manager, and VP.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really typical or unexpected - the VP was slightly rude on purpose to see how I would react.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Several phone interviews with recruiter, was not interested but they pursued anyway. Did not answer my questions so requested to stop process

Data Retriever Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

One on One interview with HR manager. Mostly behavior questions

Content Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was email response to on-line job application, this was about 10 days after I had submitted the application. In response to the email telephone contact was made. A telephone interview was scheduled with the manager of the group doing the hiring. This initial interview lasted about 1 hour. A follow-up telephone interview was scheduled with a person currently doing a similar job. This took place 4 days after the first interview, it also lasted about 1 hour. A final face-to-face interview took place 3 days later (this involved travel). I accepted an offer from a different company before receiving an offer from Nexis Lexis.

Interview Questions

• What process do you follow when developing a data model when working with subject matter experts?   1 Answer

Received more appropriate offer from another company