LexisNexis Legal & Professional

www.lexisnexis.com

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Litigation Specialist Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Litigation Specialist Interview

First interview was w/HR that was fine. Second interview was w/ Hiring manager told me about the position and had no questions for me.

Interview Questions
  • Hiring manager told me about the position and had no questions for me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Litigation Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Several role play type items including a 5 min persuasive interview on any topic you choose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2009.

I had a phone interview with the person who had the job but was moving to a new position. Phone interview went extremely well as I was a perfect match for the job. Was scheduled for an in person interview for the following week. Was told I would need to a 10 minute persuasive presentation on any topic. This in and of itself should have been a red flag. While I can understand the need to be a good public speaker this was probably not the best way to test that fact.
    When I got to the interview the receptionist was extremely rude. While I waited I heard her whisper about me to another Lexis employee. I overheard that I was the only outside candidate being interviewed. And they were complaining about me being there due to other layoffs in the company and apparently someone might have been hoping to have this interview.
    When I went to the conference room for the interview, there were two people there and one on video from LA who would be my boss. The others were a co-worker and the person leaving the position. I gave the presentation and it was an extremely odd situation since you werent clear what they were looking for coupled with the fact that the hiring manager wasnt there in person.
    The interview questions by the co-worker were canned written out questions that really didnt gather any insight into my skills. It was more or less a test of the candidates ability to handle stressful situation and I believe I handled it well. He was clearly inexperienced and I believe trying to make a good impression on his boss.
    I believe they went with an internal candidate. They seemed to echo though a lot of the concerns I had read about on this website. Such as changes in structure and goals coming without notice and working across teams. Basically had the sense that there was absolutely no team work going on. Ironically they thought the toughest part of job would be handling multiple deadlines which to me is really a basic skill of any professional. So I am actually lucky to not to find myself in this position.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about bad things that had happened in previous position- examples of how you over came them, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in June 2007.

It started with a phone call from a lady in LexisNexis human resources. She set up a phone interview which lasted about twenty minutes. She wrapped it up with an offer for an in person interview. I then met with several people, who turned out to be my manager and co-worker. The interview lasted about an hour and a half. I had to do a ten minute persuasive presentation, of a topic of my choice, and skills test. They gave me a scenario and asked what actions I would take in the situation. Lastly, I had another phone interview with a VP that lasted about thirty minutes.LexisNexis is a very close knit environment, so I would ask to meet with other co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision that you have had to make and what actions did you take?   Answer Question
    Not really, had to sign noncompete