LexisNexis Legal & Professional

LexisNexis Legal & Professional Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

The interview process was pretty standard for this type of position. I applied online and got a call to schedule a phone interview within a few weeks. Phone interview was conducted by the HR person and they asked standard HR questions such as "tell me about a time when you assisted another colleauge" etc. They also asked basic questions such as what salary I wanted and when I would be available to start.

The next step was a face to face interview with the direct manager and it was very informal with no unexpected questions. The only thing that was a bit of a flag is there was not a lot of detail provided about the actual duties and expectations of the position.

The final step was a 10 minute case study presentation in front of the manager and director. They only gave 24 hours to do the presentation and not a lot of detail was provided. It was basically 2 lines of instructions with a small budget. The case study didn't seem to match the job description. As a coordinator you would normally be expected to implement a program once managers have determined strategy, but for the case study they wanted you to develop a strategy.

The most frustrating thing was after going through a lot of effort to prepare the case study they did not follow up at all, even though a week later I emailed the HR person and when I didn't hear back after another week I called. The HR person said they were still deciding and she would call once a final decision had been made which she said would be by the end of the week. Another few weeks passed and no word.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected, but the case study did not match the job description.   Answer Question