LexisNexis Legal & Professional

2.4

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Appeared for 2 interviews with 2 different hiring managers for a 2nd and 3rd level SEO Specialist. Interviews went very well and I was able to answer most questions confidently. However, both times I did NOT get any feedback from the hiring managers, not even a rejection. Hate companies/managers/people who do not give feedback or even bother to give a answer after the interview. If you don't want to give an answer then DO NOT waste our time. Will NEVER appear for any other interviews ever with this company. Management should take a note of this and change their policy to at least reply to candidates who most often take a half day to appear for an interview. We deserve to know at least the outcome - I don't care if we are rejected but need feedback. Our time is precious. Extremely disappointed!

Interview Questions
    • What are the 2 things that you expect in a work place?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2011.

Phone interviews were ok, nothing unusual, asked typical questions about work experience, personality, some logic and situational questions. On site interviews- another story. People there seemed really fake to say the least. They were being nice out of necessity, and you can clearly tell from the get go whether you got the job or not.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2011.

I was already working for the company for five years, so the hire was more of an internal transfer. I had a total of three interviews, one with the VP of our division, one with the Director of CX, and one with the hiring manager who was VP of Product. The most of the questions were related to my background and experience.

Did not negotiate

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in August 2010.

Interviewed with 3 different people - phone interview, regional manager, and VP.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really typical or unexpected - the VP was slightly rude on purpose to see how I would react.   Answer Question

Content Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2010.

Initial contact was email response to on-line job application, this was about 10 days after I had submitted the application. In response to the email telephone contact was made. A telephone interview was scheduled with the manager of the group doing the hiring. This initial interview lasted about 1 hour. A follow-up telephone interview was scheduled with a person currently doing a similar job. This took place 4 days after the first interview, it also lasted about 1 hour. A final face-to-face interview took place 3 days later (this involved travel). I accepted an offer from a different company before receiving an offer from Nexis Lexis.

Interview Questions
    • What process do you follow when developing a data model when working with subject matter experts?   View Answer

Received more appropriate offer from another company

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2009.

Interviewed for a development position, offered another position within the same dept.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2009.

I applied through campus recruiting, and got contacted by email two weeks after my application. We set up a date for a phone interview. The first round was fairly straightforward for an analyst position in finance, I talked about my resume, experience and answered a couple of questions on finance, including valuation and a couple of definitions. Second round was more experience-based, as I was asked to detail my responsibilities in my positions.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, Union, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, Union, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in February 2009.

I was sent in through a temp agency. I had a single interview experience, in which random members of the team came in and out of the room and asked my questions. Their roles were totally unclear, and I had little sense of who among them I might be reporting to or at least answering to.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect to handle this specific aspect of the work when it is so unlike anything you have done before?   View Answer
    No negotiation. The temp agency told me how much I would be paid. They said it was "three months temp-to-perm." I was turned full-time 18 months later.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in September 2008.

Two rounds of interviews. First round 4 and second round 2

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in March 2007.

The career website is clunky, hard to navigate and difficult to search. I had second thoughts about even applying after seeing both the company site (http://www.lexisnexis.com) and then my experience with the career site trying to find the jobl If I hadn't been given a recommendation by a friend who worked for LexisNexis, I probably wouldn't have applied. However, once my application was received and my interviews scheduled, I was delighted. I was flown to both Dayton and New York. The HR representative was warm, and the questions asked gave me the opportunity to highlight my personality traits and work practices that would prove beneficial to the company along with my skill set and experience. My initial interview was a phone interview with the HR representative. My second interview was at the headquarters in New York, NY where I met with executive management. I was impressed with the warmth and enthusiasm of the senior directors and global VPs I met with and, again, I was given an opportunity to point out personal traits that enhanced my skills. My third interview was in Dayton with the technical people who I would work closely with on the project I was hired for. The fact I met with executives on my first in-face interview was both intimidating and told me an important thing about the company: The senior management was engaged and had personal interest in those hired for LexisNexis. The travel arrangements were tailored to my needs and adjusted when I had a conflict. The culture of LexisNexis was described in all my interviews, both phone and in-person - it is a family-friendly company and, as best as it can, encourages a health work/life balance. I was told, and have found to be true, that LexisNexis is devoted to service to the communities in which we work and live as well as in areas of the world that are struggling with legal issues.
    If you are given the opportunity to interview with LexisNexis, be prepared for talking with a variety of people at different levels in the company, including senior VPs, HR representatives and managers, potential colleagues and even those who are not directly involved in the position's area. Be neat, clean and have a copy of your resume with you, as well as any applicable samples of work. Be prepared to be scrutinized on your personality, work practices and views on current legal issues. As painful as it is, read through the company's website and get an idea of the products and services offered; then Google LexisNexis to find recent news on it so you can intelligently discuss others' view of LexisNexis as well as news affecting the company. LexisNexis is also a proponent for home-based employees; if this is your preference, be sure to have supporting evidence as to why you would be a good fit as a home-based worker.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider your greatest weakness.   View Answer
    • Discuss what advantages and disadvantages there are to Web 2.0   View Answer
    • While I can't remember the exact questions, I was asked very specific questions about a few software packages, and web applications, that I had little experience with.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate not moving to Dayton or New York - a deal-breaker since my situation does not allow relocation. I was offered the opportunity to work at home; however, I prefer being in an office and the company went through some rather large obstacles to find me a seat in a local office.
    For salary, I was able to negotiate a 10% raise from my current position's salary - if I had really researched the average salary for the position and been better at negotation, I probably could have gotten a higher salary. However, I made one mistake. I didn't compare the benefit costs between the two companies and, basically, ended up with a little more than 1%. In any job, There are soft benefits, however, such as two days a year for volunteer work, a very flexible schedule and the opportunity to work at home.