Lexity Interview Questions

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lexity in March 2011.

contacted at start up career fair. Offered Initial Phone screen.Was fairly difficult with question on data structures and sorting. invited for on site interviews. everyone was friendly and was at pains to put me at ease. Interviews again consisted of data structures and problem solving ability.

Interview Questions
    • Finding n most influential members from your social graph   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Lexity in December 2012.

There were 3 rounds, totally technical. Each round was about problem solving skills. 2-3 algorithmic questions in each round was asked. Interviewer was also going through resume, so write only what you have done.

Interview Questions
    • It was not difficult but logical actually,
      U were given a function hasWord(string word), which tells you that this word exist in dictionary or not. Now you have given a string and you have to make a function using above function to tell whether the string can be splitted into words or not
        Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Sent in CV through a job portal. HR got in touch with me and schedule 2 telephonic interviews that had a gap of a couple of weeks. After taking the 2 interviews I was told that position is on hold at the moment, so interview process stopped after the 2 telephonic interviews.

Interview Questions
    • A mix of questions around Computer Science basics, algorithms, past experience / CV.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lexity.

Two phone interviews, followed by an on-site interview; an on-site trip did not fit my schedule so I instead had a 2-hour Skype interview, consisting of two forty minute technical interviews and a short talk with the CEO afterwards. Technical questions were not too difficult or too easy; what you can usually expect from a software company. After the two technical interviews, the CEO tells you right away whether they want you at Lexity or not. The people at Lexity are friendly and competent.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of integers, find the greatest sum that can be made with any subset of consecutive integers from the list.   View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lexity.

Be good at CS

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lexity in March 2012.

There was one 1:1 interview and two phone interviews, one technical and one general.

I was interviewed first when one of the recruiters had come to my college. He asked me questions, some were definite algorithmic questions. Others were open questions as he wanted to know my way of thinking.

Another skype interview took place 3-4 days later, in which 2 very simple questions were asked, and I was asked to write code.

Then finally, the local head called and we discussed my passions and what I want to do in the future, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Given a matrix, print out its contents in spiral order.   View Answer
    • Given a heavy stream of keywords, find out the top k most popular.
      Constraints: As the stream is very heavy, you can't store each keyword that you get.
        View Answer
    • Given a 10 million integers, sort them.   View Answer
    No negotiation. The salary was fixed.

Worked for Lexity? Contribute to the Community!