Lexmark International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Lexmark's hiring and interview process is very consistent with other companies of this size. They invest a lot of time and energy vetting candidates and providing the hiring manager quality resumes. Lexmark's employee population is very diverse as they take diversity very seriously.

Interview Questions
    • They have a tendency to offer retirement / voluntary separation packages too often which leads to unhelpful and continuous speculation in the ranks.   Answer Question
    I entered the company as an individual contributor many years ago, but I do recall a minor amount of negotiation when doing so.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Lexmark International in June 2014.

Really a disappointing experience. After completing a ten-month internship in which my work was constantly praised, I was brought in for an interview (five months after applying for the job, by the way). The gentleman who interviewed me the first time kept constantly checking his watch, which was rude and distracting for me. Nevertheless, it led to a second interview that I was told went really well, even though I felt that the gentleman interviewing me spent more time applauding his own wisdom than asking about my specific qualifications. Anyway, I was given a tour of the building, benefits were discussed, and I was assured that I would be called about the position. For about a week thereafter, I was sent videos to watch and encouraged to do my own research to prepare me for the position...but the call never came and then a month passed.

I spent three weeks trying to follow up on the status of the position, only to find my emails ignored. When I tried to send a courteous email to a recruiter asking about the interview and inquiring for feedback, I received a blunt, automated response that didn't even attempt to address my questions. It would have been a lousy way to treat a customer; I was in disbelief that they would treat a former intern with such blatant disregard.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International.

The interview process was very quick and all of the interviewers were very nice and professional. Questions were not exceptionally difficult and mostly focused on my prior programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over other qualified applicants.   Answer Question
    N/A

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

fairly standard - contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with the manager, then called in for onsite interview with staff (whole day); process took 2 months. accepted offer.

Interview Questions
    negotiated for 6% raise, settled for 3%.

Student Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International in October 2013.

Easy phone interview with several simple technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describing a project I had worked on several years before at school.   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Received a lead from a friend and called HR direct. They responded to my inquiry in three days. I then proceeded to drive to Lexington and had an interview with the HR lead. That really was it. It's hard to fit in 50 words as this is the minimum.

Interview Questions
    I accepted their first offer.

Technical Rotation Program, Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in November 2011.

After I submitted my resume through my campus application site, I was contacted by a Lexmark representative for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a few personality questions, as well as some technical problems, consisting both of active problem solving and of my recollection of programming practices and principles. After the phone interview, I was called back the next day to schedule an on-site interview. There were about 20 other people who were interviewing at the same time as I was. The day of the interview started with a brief presentation on the company and its history and was followed by two panel interviews, both consisting of personality and technical questions. The technical problems were not excessively difficult, but they definitely would differentiate candidates who were not competent computer programmers from those who were. The afternoon consisted of a tour of the offices and a presentation by non-management types about the type of work they did and what expectations at the office would be.

Interview Questions

I was able to use the offer to improve the offer I received from a different company that I felt better suited my career aspirations. While I think that Lexmark would be a good fit, I do not find printers and printing solutions to be a particularly interesting topic.

Senior Manager, Global Call Centers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in October 2011.

I applied online to an advertised posting on Indeed and was contacted by an internal recruiter approximately one week later to schedule a phone interview. Our discussion occurred a few days later and went well. After an additional week I was contacted to schedule a phone conversation with the hiring manager. I had a discussion with the hiring manager the following week and then was contacted a few days later via email inviting me for an on-site interview in Lexington, which was scheduled for 3 weeks out. I first became concerned after receiving the interview schedule informing me that I would be meeting with 9 people between 8 am – 5 pm! On the selected date. Talk about a red flag. This allowed me to realize that I would be interviewing with a very heavily bureaucratic organization. I reluctantly went ahead and agreed to the interview and flew out to Lexington the night prior. Upon my arrival at the Lexmark facility it was explained to me that Lexmark was a 1991 spin off from IBM and I immediately felt as if I were walking back into the year “1991”. From the office building, the furniture and the people it was a complete time warp. If I had worn a silk shirt and Z. Cavaricci MC Hammer pants then I would have fit within their culture a lot more than the suit I showed up wearing. So, here I am at 8 am interviewing with everyone in their company for the next 9 hours. Complete overkill for this role. It was a cultural mismatch and I was looking for the exit sign the entire time. I was also not interested in residing within Lexington, KY after spending a few hours driving around the day before my interview as it is small, regional jet hell and a depressed city from many different aspects. I received the canned “thanks but no thanks” email from HR one week later. The feeling is mutual!

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lexmark International in September 2011.

Was contacted by one of the corporate recruiter.
    first 2 interviews where on the phone. one was technical and the other one more functional.
    the next round was some face to face interview, it included 3 1:1 meeting, 2 with the person who had already interviewed me on the phone and the 3rd one was with the manager of the group.

Firmware Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International in April 2011.

The interview for this position was almost entirely behavioral, but with the opportunity to highlight your own technical talents if you were inclined to. The recruited at the College, requested online applications, only consisted of a phone interview.

Questions included:

What is your biggest technical achievement?
    How do you do in your classes?