Lexmark International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International in October 2007.

Screening Phone Call and then the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    No I was not able to negotiate well. The offer was decent. Engineering group in Laser is better and more stable than ink jet.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International in October 2011.

interview was conducted in a discussion room with 3 people on the panel. Questions ranged from basic computer perception to problem solving and puzzles. It was followed by a 90 minutes programming round where a particular problem was to be programmed on paper. The problem was not tough but required a detail knowledge of the various design patterns.
    people on the panel were friendly and seemed quite happy in their roles.
    Found out that the work Culture at kolkata Lexmark is quite dodgy and almost all of the former employees are dissatisfied with the company.

Interview Questions
    • design a printer spooling program to emulate the print manager for managing the documents inputted to a printer.   Answer Question

compensation package was not acceptable

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cebu City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cebu City (Philippines)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Lexmark has headhunters that actively finds people with good skills. I was found by Lexmark though an ad in a newspaper. I was one of the top ten who passed the Mechanical Engineering licensure examinations. The interview process is too technical. You need to be more knowledgeable with the field you are to be hired for. I had four interviewers from US done in different time periods.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in March 2009.

two rounds of technical followed by an HR interview. But now there is a written test before that for some of the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to switch from a service company to a product company?   Answer Question

Intermediate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lexmark International in August 2010.

Telephonic & Face to Face. It was really simple. Primarily they will ask & validate whether you understand basics of C, C++, OS etc. Basic knowledge of OOPS etc are generally asked for. The interview goes in a discussion mode rather than they through questions at you. Also expects to answer puzzles ( mathematical etc ).

Very simple. Generally they offer at per industry standards.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lexmark International in May 2010.

get touched by head hunter, 1 turn interview with hiring manager, get offer very quickly.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

fairly standard - contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with the manager, then called in for onsite interview with staff (whole day); process took 2 months. accepted offer.

Interview Questions
    negotiated for 6% raise, settled for 3%.

Finance Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in April 2013.

I applied via a local job agency and was called up for an interview in a weekday afternoon. The interview was arranged in a video conference with the IT manager. He was a nice chap to talk to and after more than 1 hour of questioning, HR manager followed up after that. She said the interview process would be quck and revert within a week. However it took more than 2 weeks from them to inform the job agency I was not selected.

What a waste of time with these old timers!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in July 2010.

HR phone interview followed by a technical phone interview with a team of people. After that I was flown to Lexington for an all day (8 to 4) onsite interview with various managers.
    It was tiring as I was shuttled between buildings and effectively had five interviews back to back plus lunch with some employees. I was treated well and overall it wasn't too bad an experience and I learned a lot about the company and the work.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of general questions about C++ and how polymorphism/runtime binding is actually implemented. Asked basic question on how to multiply a number if the processor did not have multiplication hardware.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate as the offer was fair

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in March 2010.

2 interviews phone and personal with regional and national managers phone asked questions on the copy process and functions of these processes,personal interview 1st with regional manager questions about copy,scanning,and network conectivity,2nd with national manager customer related question on how,why, and who is is important and why it is important.