Lexmark International

32 candidate interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Lexington, KY

The process took a day - interviewed at Lexmark International in October 2007.

Interview Details – Screening Phone Call and then the onsite interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle multiple jobs at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I was not able to negotiate well. The offer was decent. Engineering group in Laser is better and more stable than ink jet.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lexmark International in October 2011.

Interview Details – interview was conducted in a discussion room with 3 people on the panel. Questions ranged from basic computer perception to problem solving and puzzles. It was followed by a 90 minutes programming round where a particular problem was to be programmed on paper. The problem was not tough but required a detail knowledge of the various design patterns.
people on the panel were friendly and seemed quite happy in their roles.
Found out that the work Culture at kolkata Lexmark is quite dodgy and almost all of the former employees are dissatisfied with the company.

Interview Question – design a printer spooling program to emulate the print manager for managing the documents inputted to a printer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – compensation package was not acceptable

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Cebu City (Philippines)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview Details – Lexmark has headhunters that actively finds people with good skills. I was found by Lexmark though an ad in a newspaper. I was one of the top ten who passed the Mechanical Engineering licensure examinations. The interview process is too technical. You need to be more knowledgeable with the field you are to be hired for. I had four interviewers from US done in different time periods.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in March 2009.

Interview Details – two rounds of technical followed by an HR interview. But now there is a written test before that for some of the candidates.

Interview Question – Why you want to switch from a service company to a product company?   Answer Question

Intermediate Software Engineer Interview

Intermediate Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Lexmark International in August 2010.

Interview Details – Telephonic & Face to Face. It was really simple. Primarily they will ask & validate whether you understand basics of C, C++, OS etc. Basic knowledge of OOPS etc are generally asked for. The interview goes in a discussion mode rather than they through questions at you. Also expects to answer puzzles ( mathematical etc ).

Negotiation Details – Very simple. Generally they offer at per industry standards.

Key Account Manager Interview

Key Account Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lexmark International in May 2010.

Interview Details – get touched by head hunter, 1 turn interview with hiring manager, get offer very quickly.

Interview Question – it's ok for me to pass the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior Electrical Engineer

Interviewed at Lexmark International

Interview Details – fairly standard - contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with the manager, then called in for onsite interview with staff (whole day); process took 2 months. accepted offer.

Interview Question – posed a technical unsolved problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated for 6% raise, settled for 3%.

Finance Business Analyst Interview

Finance Business Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via a local job agency and was called up for an interview in a weekday afternoon. The interview was arranged in a video conference with the IT manager. He was a nice chap to talk to and after more than 1 hour of questioning, HR manager followed up after that. She said the interview process would be quck and revert within a week. However it took more than 2 weeks from them to inform the job agency I was not selected.

What a waste of time with these old timers!

Interview Question – No difficult question I can think of.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in July 2010.

Interview Details – HR phone interview followed by a technical phone interview with a team of people. After that I was flown to Lexington for an all day (8 to 4) onsite interview with various managers.
It was tiring as I was shuttled between buildings and effectively had five interviews back to back plus lunch with some employees. I was treated well and overall it wasn't too bad an experience and I learned a lot about the company and the work.

Interview Question – Lots of general questions about C++ and how polymorphism/runtime binding is actually implemented. Asked basic question on how to multiply a number if the processor did not have multiplication hardware.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as the offer was fair

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in March 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews phone and personal with regional and national managers phone asked questions on the copy process and functions of these processes,personal interview 1st with regional manager questions about copy,scanning,and network conectivity,2nd with national manager customer related question on how,why, and who is is important and why it is important.

Interview Question – how can you help company grow   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lexmark International

Worked for Lexmark International? Contribute to the Community!