Lexmark International

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Lexmark's hiring and interview process is very consistent with other companies of this size. They invest a lot of time and energy vetting candidates and providing the hiring manager quality resumes. Lexmark's employee population is very diverse as they take diversity very seriously.

Interview Questions
    • They have a tendency to offer retirement / voluntary separation packages too often which leads to unhelpful and continuous speculation in the ranks.   Answer Question
    I entered the company as an individual contributor many years ago, but I do recall a minor amount of negotiation when doing so.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Lexmark International in June 2014.

Really a disappointing experience. After completing a ten-month internship in which my work was constantly praised, I was brought in for an interview (five months after applying for the job, by the way). The gentleman who interviewed me the first time kept constantly checking his watch, which was rude and distracting for me. Nevertheless, it led to a second interview that I was told went really well, even though I felt that the gentleman interviewing me spent more time applauding his own wisdom than asking about my specific qualifications. Anyway, I was given a tour of the building, benefits were discussed, and I was assured that I would be called about the position. For about a week thereafter, I was sent videos to watch and encouraged to do my own research to prepare me for the position...but the call never came and then a month passed.

I spent three weeks trying to follow up on the status of the position, only to find my emails ignored. When I tried to send a courteous email to a recruiter asking about the interview and inquiring for feedback, I received a blunt, automated response that didn't even attempt to address my questions. It would have been a lousy way to treat a customer; I was in disbelief that they would treat a former intern with such blatant disregard.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in March 2010.

2 interviews phone and personal with regional and national managers phone asked questions on the copy process and functions of these processes,personal interview 1st with regional manager questions about copy,scanning,and network conectivity,2nd with national manager customer related question on how,why, and who is is important and why it is important.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International in July 2010.

HR phone interview followed by a technical phone interview with a team of people. After that I was flown to Lexington for an all day (8 to 4) onsite interview with various managers.
    It was tiring as I was shuttled between buildings and effectively had five interviews back to back plus lunch with some employees. I was treated well and overall it wasn't too bad an experience and I learned a lot about the company and the work.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of general questions about C++ and how polymorphism/runtime binding is actually implemented. Asked basic question on how to multiply a number if the processor did not have multiplication hardware.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate as the offer was fair

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lexmark International.

1st round was a written exam based on OOP principles.
    2nd round was technical interview with local managers. It was also on OOP principles and some puzzles (they can also ask about your projects and how you did them). This is a pretty good interview and requires a little study and dedication.
    3rd round was technical interview with international manager. This round is more about a broader view and some general techniques that you have used in your written examination and how you could have improved it.
    4th round is HR round. This I felt was more of a formality and unless one does anything very offensive should not be a problem.

Software Engineer QB2 Interview

I was a contract based employee and worked for 4 years in Lexmark. I was from Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt Ltd. Based on my performance for 4 years, they converted me to a full time employee. Thanks.

No negotiation at all.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lexmark International in May 2010.

get touched by head hunter, 1 turn interview with hiring manager, get offer very quickly.

Intermediate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lexmark International in August 2010.

Telephonic & Face to Face. It was really simple. Primarily they will ask & validate whether you understand basics of C, C++, OS etc. Basic knowledge of OOPS etc are generally asked for. The interview goes in a discussion mode rather than they through questions at you. Also expects to answer puzzles ( mathematical etc ).

Very simple. Generally they offer at per industry standards.

Student Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International in October 2013.

Easy phone interview with several simple technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describing a project I had worked on several years before at school.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International.

The interview process was very quick and all of the interviewers were very nice and professional. Questions were not exceptionally difficult and mostly focused on my prior programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over other qualified applicants.   Answer Question
    N/A