Lexmark International Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Firmware Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview for this position was almost entirely behavioral, but with the opportunity to highlight your own technical talents if you were inclined to. The recruited at the College, requested online applications, only consisted of a phone interview.

Questions included:

What is your biggest technical achievement?
    How do you do in your classes?

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in March 2011.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter telling the phone interview would be conducted by a manager and a senior software engineer. They called on time and it lasted for 45 minutes. Asking questions of C, OOP, Java, embedded programming, binary code, and a pseudo code programming.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C/C++ and Java? Why would you prefer C/C++ or Java?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was really easy. They called me up and had a 20-30 minute phone interview. The questions were mostly behavioral with some questions that talked about my technical abilities. The interview was a bit different form others since we both were trying to sell each on about ourselves or Lexmark. Overall, it was a very nice interview that told me Lexmark would be the best place to have my first internship.

Intermediate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lexmark International in August 2010.

Interview

Telephonic & Face to Face. It was really simple. Primarily they will ask & validate whether you understand basics of C, C++, OS etc. Basic knowledge of OOPS etc are generally asked for. The interview goes in a discussion mode rather than they through questions at you. Also expects to answer puzzles ( mathematical etc ).

Negotiation

Very simple. Generally they offer at per industry standards.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in July 2010.

Interview

HR phone interview followed by a technical phone interview with a team of people. After that I was flown to Lexington for an all day (8 to 4) onsite interview with various managers.
    It was tiring as I was shuttled between buildings and effectively had five interviews back to back plus lunch with some employees. I was treated well and overall it wasn't too bad an experience and I learned a lot about the company and the work.

Interview Questions

• Lots of general questions about C++ and how polymorphism/runtime binding is actually implemented. Asked basic question on how to multiply a number if the processor did not have multiplication hardware.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as the offer was fair

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International (Irvine, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

2 interviews phone and personal with regional and national managers phone asked questions on the copy process and functions of these processes,personal interview 1st with regional manager questions about copy,scanning,and network conectivity,2nd with national manager customer related question on how,why, and who is is important and why it is important.

Interview Questions

• how can you help company grow   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in December 2008.

Interview

Had an email interview, replied to a few questions about OO and diff between C++ and Java. Got a phone interview after that. Basically discussed the same questions as in the email with some more details. Finally the face to face interview with 4 people including manager. Manager was just general conversation. Other three were technical. One was more design oriented. How would you design a system. Later throw in some change to see if original design would handle this. Another one was more detailed and Java and C++ specific.

Interview Questions

• Java based job, but they asked me several C++ questions too, I guess as I had claimed I knew C++. Questions like virtual functions, friend functions, virtual destructors...   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in March 2008.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter after submitting resume. Had technical screening over phone with hiring manager. No complex questions. Was called on site, ha d 3 interview which were mixure of behavioural and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve difference over a solution with your team lead?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY) in October 2007.

Interview

Screening Phone Call and then the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate well. The offer was decent. Engineering group in Laser is better and more stable than ink jet.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

1st round was a written exam based on OOP principles.
    2nd round was technical interview with local managers. It was also on OOP principles and some puzzles (they can also ask about your projects and how you did them). This is a pretty good interview and requires a little study and dedication.
    3rd round was technical interview with international manager. This round is more about a broader view and some general techniques that you have used in your written examination and how you could have improved it.
    4th round is HR round. This I felt was more of a formality and unless one does anything very offensive should not be a problem.