Lexmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.7

Firmware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lexmark.

Interview

Handed them my resume at the career and I was contacted two months later for a phone interview. It was a 45 minute phone interview but we talked for almost 90 minutes. I basically asked him a lot of questions because I liked the work that my interviewer did. It was an awesome conversation.

Interview Questions

• I got a call two months after I talked to them at the career fair. It was a simple phone interview. The interviewer was really cool and nice. He asked a few in depth questions about my resume and a few OS technical conceptual questions. So basically the questions were about: caches, OS, multi-threading etc. Know your resume really well and brush up on the OS concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lexmark in December 2014.

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The interview took about one hour. one recruiter and two engineers were on the phone. It's nice experience to talk to them. They told me they would email me the result within one month but I didn't receive anything.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some other questions based on your resume.   Answer Question

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark (Lexington, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Round 1: Video interview. Answer 3-5 behavioral questions. All of your subsequent interviewers have access to this file.

Round 2: Phone interview. Interview with a technical manager in your field. Very basic questions about how you've overcome challenges in the past and your projects/internship experience.

Round 3: On-site interview in Lexington, KY. The first day is a dinner with current engineers in the company and an introduction to the program. The next day starts with a tour of the facility and in the afternoon are interviews. I had 3 panel interviews with two people each: one hiring manager and one former TRP. The questions were 30 half technical and half behavioral. They changed the interview process to contain more technical questions than previous years.

Note that although the program is advertised to recent graduates, many of the candidates were graduate level, not undergrad. This was surprising to me, and I felt that this put me at a disadvantage, as I was the only undergrad for my specialty.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a new printer manufacturing facility?   Answer Question

Mid-Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lexmark (Kansas City, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with direct hiring manager several times over the phone and then face to face. Great experience due to the hiring manager's approach and personality. Great experience over all.

Interview Questions

• Direct manAgemt experience; industry knowledge; management philosophy; managing virtual teams.   Answer Question

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lexmark (Lexington, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

There were three stages:
    stage 1: video interview, tell-us-about-yourself-type-questions. The video interview software is terrible. I had to use all tries on a few questions before things recorded correctly
    stage 2: phone interview, more of the same with a few general technical questions thrown in. Very open-ended. A good chance to show passion
    stage 3: on-site interview, TBA

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between embedded systems engineering and software engineering?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark (Lexington, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was brought on by a temp agency, Global International. I interviewed first with the temp agency and then again with Lexmark. The biggest point of me getting hired I think is because of my experience with Excel and not being nervous. It seems personality is big, and also not being arrogant or too uptight. A good sign that I got was when I was interviewing is that it was a long interview...about an hour and a half. I haven't started yet but from the tour and talking with the people in the office it is a good culture, and I really look forward to starting.

Interview Questions

• How dedicated to work and your career are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took what was offered.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Lexmark in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through staffing agency

Interview was for 1 hr
    Asked about my projects and work experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark in January 2014.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview with HR. HR sends your information to the company's departments, and each department gauges interest. If they find that you fit an opening, you are then interviewed by someone from the department. The process takes a while, about 3 weeks, between the two interviews. The interviews are not generally hard, they ask a lot of generic interview questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark in January 2014.

Interview

Consisted of 2 interviews: the first was a group interview with the team to gauge whether you fit into the environment. They make sure that if they hire you, they'll make sure you're likable first, which is not a bad strategy. This interview had about 5 people on the phone. The second interview was also over the phone, and it was with a manager. They wanted to get to know your personality, really.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked about salary, and I answered that it was negotiable.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lexmark (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Interviewed for the rotational program, and it was a great experience! After a phone interview they flew me in for an on-site interview. There were many other candidates for many different positions. There was a dinner the night before the interview, then two interviews the next day (with current 2 engineers each). Then there was a facilities tour and the candidates toured Lexington. Lexmark made great efforts to insure we understood the company and the city.

Interview Questions

• I only had one technical question and it wasn't difficult (I actually made a small mistake and they were okay with that as long as my thought process was good)   Answer Question

The printer industry is declining, and I was very disappointed to hear Lexmark isn't pursuing 3D printing (although it's understandable since they sold their inkjet division).