Lexmark

Updated Nov 29, 2014

3.4

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark in November 2014.

Round 1: Video interview. Answer 3-5 behavioral questions. All of your subsequent interviewers have access to this file.

Round 2: Phone interview. Interview with a technical manager in your field. Very basic questions about how you've overcome challenges in the past and your projects/internship experience.

Round 3: On-site interview in Lexington, KY. The first day is a dinner with current engineers in the company and an introduction to the program. The next day starts with a tour of the facility and in the afternoon are interviews. I had 3 panel interviews with two people each: one hiring manager and one former TRP. The questions were 30 half technical and half behavioral. They changed the interview process to contain more technical questions than previous years.

Note that although the program is advertised to recent graduates, many of the candidates were graduate level, not undergrad. This was surprising to me, and I felt that this put me at a disadvantage, as I was the only undergrad for my specialty.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a new printer manufacturing facility?   Answer Question

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lexmark in October 2014.

There were three stages:
    stage 1: video interview, tell-us-about-yourself-type-questions. The video interview software is terrible. I had to use all tries on a few questions before things recorded correctly
    stage 2: phone interview, more of the same with a few general technical questions thrown in. Very open-ended. A good chance to show passion
    stage 3: on-site interview, TBA

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between embedded systems engineering and software engineering?   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lexmark in June 2014.

I was brought on by a temp agency, Global International. I interviewed first with the temp agency and then again with Lexmark. The biggest point of me getting hired I think is because of my experience with Excel and not being nervous. It seems personality is big, and also not being arrogant or too uptight. A good sign that I got was when I was interviewing is that it was a long interview...about an hour and a half. I haven't started yet but from the tour and talking with the people in the office it is a good culture, and I really look forward to starting.

Interview Questions
    • How dedicated to work and your career are you?   View Answer
    I took what was offered.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lexmark in May 2012.

Phone interview with a manager and 3 team members. Asked a wide variety of highly technical questions. Based on job description I did not feel I was fully prepared for some of the questioning that I was asked. Felt the team members themselves seemed like decent knowledgeable folks but did not get a great vibe from the manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark in March 2012.

First was a simple phone screen with some informal behavioral questions. After that, I had another phone interview with a hiring manager and a technical lead. Since I'm a recent graduate, they asked very detailed questions about coursework listen on my resume. They wanted to know about challenges I faced and solutions I came up with, but they wanted to know technical details. They were very thorough, covering all of what was listed on my resume and most of the coursework I could remember.