Liberty Business Consulting

Liberty Business Consulting Interview Questions

2.5

Account Representative/Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview isn't too hard except they are very selective. The first round interview is a chance to sell yourself and explain why you would be a good fit for the company. The first interview lasts about 20 min and then the 2nd interview if you are invited back is a full day. You get to shadow either one of the managers or another team leader and see exactly how the job works and you get to meet the whole team which is pretty cool. Then at the end of the day they usually do a 3rd round which is just a wrap up with the owner of the company. If they like you they will call you later on that day or the next to offer the position but I don't think they offer everyone who gets a 3rd round? I know that I was the only one they offered out of 5 other people who interviewed that day. I really enjoyed my interview experience and the person I shadowed was great! I was excited to move forward.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from other people that we have interviewed for this position and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Prelim interview is about 20 minutes with one of their hiring staff they ask a lot of questions regarding why you chose sales, your education, experience, leadership qualities, things you need to improve on, etc. Second interview is a full day shadow interview. You get to sit in actual business meetings and watch how the reps do presentations for their clients. If the person you are shadowing feels like you are a good fit they have you do a third round interview with the CEO and if they want to move forward they call you before the end of the day. I interviewed the same day as about 4 or 5 other people and I was the only one called back so I think they are pretty strict on how you present yourself and what you say and how you act all day when meeting with clients.

Interview Questions

• What were some challenges in your last position and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

I found them through Glassdoor or one of the online job search websites. I sent my resume in through email and I received a call the next day to answer a few of their questions. I was called by their HR person, who asked for my name, phone number and then something urgent must have came up, so she cut the phone interview off and said she'd call an hour later. I didn't receive a call an hour later or any time that day. Although the next morning she did call and offered an interview for the next day, which I accepted.

Their website gives very little information about what they actually do. Their name would suggest that they are a consulting company of some sort, although they do not do any consulting, they are a sales and "marketing" company. So I went into the interview with very little information about what they do or what my job duties would be.

The interviewer asked a few of the basic questions; "what are your strengths and weaknesses...what do you expect from this experience, etc"

I asked them what the company does and the interviewer mentioned that they're in sales and marketing, they represent various companies, some reputable energy company, and so forth. I wanted to know SPECIFICALLY what my job duties would be but apparently that information is far too confidential to disclose on the first interview so she asked me to come in for a second interview "the next day." Based on previous experiences, this set off a red flag. I said that I would have to rethink it and do some more research on LBC because I still didn't know what they were about and if I was still interested, I'd call back for a second interview.

I was bothered by the fact that they do not value your time as an individual. You have to take time out of your day to attain information that they can tell you in about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

I was offered a second interview but declined because based on the first interview, this was not a company that I wanted to work for.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

You have to be really well prepared for your interview because they are interviewing a lot of sharp recent college grads with really good degrees and it seems to be a pretty competitive position. The manager I met with was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable but I was extremely intimidated at the same time because I was asked a lot of somewhat difficult questions. If you make it to the 2nd round that's a good sign but I had a couple friends who also applied with me who weren't offered the position even after going to the 3rd round.

Interview Questions

• Describe the classes in your major that you feel have most prepared you for the real world and for business. - I did not know how to answer this   Answer Question

Entry Level "Development" = Very Misleading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Although the interview process was organized, it was extremely inconvenient. Here's why:

They called me in the middle of the day asking when I can come in for an interview. After I stated the dates and times I was available, the human resources person decided that she wanted to hold a phone interview right then and there. Although this was expected, it could not come at a worse time, as I was in the middle of doing work (I only answered because I did not know who it was).

After I "passed" the phone interview, I was called in for an in-person interview. The interview went well, but was extremely misleading. I had asked the manager who interviewed me what my duties would consist of, and instead of answering my question, she told me that the job duties were reserved for people who made it to the second interview. I looked at her like she was nuts and sarcastically said, "okayyyyy". I didn't think I would make it to the 3rd interview, but I did!

The third and final interview consisted of me shadowing someone from 9 AM to 5 PM. I was not sure what that consisted of, but was told to dress business-like, so I did. I wore a nice interview suit with high heels. Once I arrived to LBC, I was told by the CEO that I would be shadowing someone, but still was not told what that meant. I found out relatively soon that shadowing meant driving with a complete stranger and walking in high heels door to door selling Direct Energy's new plan called "Price Protection". I basically followed a salesperson who made commission only on what she sold (which was not very much btw). After we walked for many hours, my interviewer and I sat down during lunchtime and Panera Bread and discussed the job duties in detail. This is when I REALLY knew this job was a waste of time. As I mentioned earlier, it is commission only. As an entry level employee, you can make anywhere from 100-300 A WEEK!!! Key word: A WEEK! Seriously! So basically the job consist of using your own car, mileage, and money for tolls to drive around a particular region to sell Direct Energy's Protection Plan.

Why I DO NOT like this company: They do not tell you about the job on the first interview. Instead, they tell you about the company, and tell you that the job duties are reserved for the second interview. Seriously?! What a joke and how unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Nothing. They questions are pretty straight forward.

Strengths, Weaknesses, ect.

Answer Question

Because this company is very misleading.

Entry Level Junior Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

My first round interview was very personable and informative. I was looking forward to receiving a call to come back for the second round. The second round interview gave me a nice look and preview to what I would be doing if hired. I was able to shadow a top account rep to see exactly what the day to day entailed. I went out with the rep and watched them meet with business owners and watched their presentations. Overall, the interview process was done in a professional manner and they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to improve on? I never know how to answer this question   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Normally, when people go for interviews, its a quick 15 minute interview that leaves the interviewee with some questions in their head.

Liberty Business Consulting has a 3 step process. There is a preliminary interview and then a 2nd interview where they go over the details of the position and compensation packages, opportunity etc. and this allowed for all of my questions about the company and the position be answered and I really appreciated how its done because I got to meet some great people and get a real feel for what the position was all about.

Cons – The position didn't end up being what I thought it would be like. I was looking for something in finance and dealing with numbers and this is very much more customer interaction and doing presentations, but I had a lot of fun and can honestly say that I recommend anyone who is looking for an entry level job to apply to Liberty Business Consulting.

The employees are very knowledgeable and are a fun team

Interview Questions

• I had trouble answering questions about my weaknesses and explaining in detail my leadership experience.   Answer Question

I wanted something in finance and accounting. I am not good with customer service.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

Received a call to come in for an interview after they saw my resume on one of the job sites. The Admin. Asst. was very nice and personable. I met with the President of the company and discussed my strengths and weaknesses as well as my past experiences. Very minimal information about the position or training program during this interview. The interviewer did speak about Direct Energy the company they are working to get clients for. After a very short interview I was told that if I was a finalist I would receive a call later in the day to schedule a second round interview.

I came in for a second round interview which they called a shadow but it was only really 2-3 hours long. We went to Panera Bread for lunch (which they paid for) and the interviewed (an account manager with the company) set out the program. The program is Door-to-Door sales, trying to get households to switch their energy servicer to Direct Energy. Essentially you receive about $18 for every household that switches electric and $17 for every household that switches gas (total of $45 if they switch both). This is commission ONLY. You also have to pay for your gas, use your car, and pay for your vehicle's insurance and wear and tear. The market is saturated already with these same people for all different servicers going door to door trying to switch your service. This means low numbers of people able to switch and frustration shown by customers being interrupted regularly with these sales pitches.

After the second round interview/lunch you meet with the President again who goes over the information again and lets you know that they will call you later in the day if they have chosen to offer you a position.

I got a call offering me a position but I did not accept.

It is not until 18-24 months that you actually begin to make money and that is if you are able to move ahead.

They seem to have a nice environment to work in with a good energy but this is not the job for everyone. I am college educated and I have to say I felt that this was below me (I really hate to say things like that).

Interview Questions

• Without a sales/marketing background what will you do to succeed?   Answer Question

Junior Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

The first round was a phone interview, just about things listed on my resume. Then i went to their office and talked to the partner for half an hour as second round interview. All the questions were typical interview questions, like " strength and weakness", "leadership experience". Got a phone call in the same day, for the third round interview at the next day. The final one was about your personality and let you know about their daily job. It is a door to door sales job and the salary is all commission based.

Interview Questions

• Just typical interview questions. " strength and weakness", "leadership experience"   Answer Question

Sales job is really not what I want.

Junior Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Liberty Business Consulting (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

So, I applied online and got a call from someone later that week from the company. I went in for an interview and learned that they were interviewing a few people and would ask me back for another later if I was chosen. The first interview they asked me to talk about myself a lot and then they asked me about certain aspects of the job I was applying for and if I felt confident in those aspects of a position. They asked if I had any questions but I couldn't think of any at the time. They ended up asking me back for a second interview and the interview went well and they talked about how their management training program works and how I would advance and take on responsibilities. I liked the way they went about that because I didn't really have time in the first interview to hear the details of the position like they laid it out for me in the second round. I told the person I interviewed with that I was really excited and wanted to pursue the company further however, I never got a call back after the interview ended. I'm going to reapply when I have more experience and see what happens.