Liberty Mutual Agency

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Agency in January 2012.

Interview Details – after applying online and going through an online skills/IQ test and passing, I received a call from a Sr. Recruiter. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and the details of the position were given. Everything was covered very well on this call, so my file was sent to the Sr. Branch Mgr. Received a call, set up a 1:1 and this interview went very well. My work history and a more indepth description of the position and benefits/expectations were covered in very fine detail. Set up a follow up interview to meet with more of the staff and to see if this position was a match for both sides. Overall a very pleasant experience with some very nice management. Be prepared to be challenged on this interview.

Interview Question – Name a recent situation in which you felt that more involvement by you would have created a better result.   Answer Question

Insurance Representative Interview

Insurance Representative
Roanoke, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Agency in December 2011.

Interview Details – I waited in the waiting room for close to 40 minutes after my scheduled interview time. Upon the interviewing process, the interviewer deemed it necessary to boast of all of his accomplishments including how he had successfuly gotten one of Virginia Tech's accounts. In addition, he stated that I was not qualified. With majors in communications and marketing, I feel that is more than enough for an entry level agent job. Furthermore, my education and work background was obviously contained in my resume, so if I was not qualified than I should never have gotten the call for an interview. What a waste of my time. I wouldn't work or do business with these people as it is. While waiting in the room I heard one agent ask the receptionist what someone's name was. He then answered yea whatever her name was... quite disappointing to hear the prospective or current client was being treated like a number.

Interview Question – Work History, Academic Background   Answer Question

Fast Track Property Claims Interview

Fast Track Property Claims
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Agency in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on line to a specific job. Received a phone "interview about a week later - clerk type person, she apologized for a delay between questions as she had to type out the answers. I didn't think I did very well but got a call from the hiring manager later that day to come in for an interview.

Interview stated with a written exam - first question was a description of an customer service blunder by another person - I am to call the customer back - write out word for word what I would say to the customer. Then two or three claims problems - list all repair items and quantities. Then some multiple choice personality type questions.

Then interview by two hiring managers-pleasant and non-confrontational. Seemed like they wanted me to do well. Questions (6 or 8) were the same as I've seen listed here - tell me about a situation where you had to tell a customer bad news, what did I say and do. I thought I did quite well, overall, but my background is not in claims so my situations probably didn't relate well. I did find the questions difficult to answer.

I got a rejection e-mail a few days later.

Interview Question – Tell us about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the specifics - what did you say and do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Accountants Relations Associate Interview

Accountants Relations Associate
Lake Oswego, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Agency in June 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter was great and very knowledgable about the position. They provided a ton of information. They made it clear the skills needed to succeed in this job.

Interview Question – Are you a good public speaker?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Agency in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied, then took a 60 min IQ test consisting of Math and Personality questions. Had to speak to HR person who contacts you about 2-3 days after the test. They then set you up with a interview from a manager at the office.

Interview Question – Why liberty mutual?   Answer Question

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Personal Lines Underwriter

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Agency in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, took an IQ/intelligence test that involved reading comprehension as well as some analogies. After that was a personality test. It took about an hour to complete the tests. Received a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The interview consisted of the basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time or situation in which you failed   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Agency in January 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online and was immediately required to fill out a questionnaire. I received a phone call about 2 days later to schedule a phone interview which lasted about 30 min.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you played a leader and had to confront a teammate who wasn't doing his or her job successfully   View Answer

Field Manager Leadership Program Interview

Field Manager Leadership Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Agency in October 2011.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of interviews total, on campus and headquarters. I interviewed with one person on campus and heard later that same day that I was invited to the final round in boston a couple weeks later. in boston I had three individual interviews and a computer-based assessment consisting of management situations that required a decision to be made. There were only 3had of us interviewing that day and we were in taken to lunch. The major complaint I had was that we didn't get to meet or speak with current employees in the position we were applying for, so I left the interview with no better understanding of the position than before I got there.

Interview Questions

• the interviews were very behavioral and fit based though the did ask some situational qs like, what would you do if your team consistently failed to meet targets.   Answer Question
  • lots of questions to determine whether you wil be a lifer with the company   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Liberty Mutual Agency? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Agency interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Agency employees and interview candidates.