Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Relatively straightforward process, went through my school, sat down with recruiter on campus to talk about the position. Asked about my classes related to the job, any previous experiences I'd had, interested in the analytical work i did the summer before with Excel.

Interview Questions
  • They were very interested in analytical software and previous experience with that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2013.

Phone interview 2 weeks after online application. Interviewed by a British senior actuary. Asked general questions regrading on my resume. Received the rejection email one week after. My friend has the same experience. Seems like they interviewed most applicants. Do not know any people get the second round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

The interview focus on more behavior question rather than technological question.
    The interviewer is nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2012.

I applied at school and was given an on-campus interview. Then they called me in to Boston for the final rounds. There I was given 4 interviews, lunch with analysts, and some general info. The videos in the general info were super corny and gave no information. You were also required to give a writing sample. Some of the interviewers were really boring and some were very enthusiastic and helpful. Good luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2010.

I received email about this job through our school actuarial network and replied to the recruiting manager that I am interested. Then we emailed back and forth to set up a phone interview with the manager who would be the one I will work for if hired. The phone interview lasted about an hour and a couple days after I was invited to the on-site interview in Boston. On-site interview lasted about 4-5 hours. First, i was take by the HR for pre-screening and complete an application form and write an short essay about why I want to work for Liberty. Then I was brought to 3 different managers and one employee to continue one-on-one interview, each lasted 20-30 min. During lunch, two other recent hired actuarial students brought me to lunch at a local deli, aiming to answer my questions. After finishing interviewing with all the scheduled managers and employees, they showed me out the building.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Applied online and was given a phone interview for actuarial analyst trainee position. Was asked mostly behavioral questions such as "what are your greatest strengths," "what was the project that you are most proud of," etc. The interviewer was very nice, but no offer was made.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2011.

Mine was a basic phone interview. Why Liberty Mutual, Why Actuarial Science, What qualities do you think one candidate should have... ect.