Liberty Mutual Insurance

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied at school and was given an on-campus interview. Then they called me in to Boston for the final rounds. There I was given 4 interviews, lunch with analysts, and some general info. The videos in the general info were super corny and gave no information. You were also required to give a writing sample. Some of the interviewers were really boring and some were very enthusiastic and helpful. Good luck.

Interview Question – All questions were very typical.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview focus on more behavior question rather than technological question.
The interviewer is nice and friendly.

Interview Question – What do you expect your duty after you get the FSA?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2010.

Interview Details – I received email about this job through our school actuarial network and replied to the recruiting manager that I am interested. Then we emailed back and forth to set up a phone interview with the manager who would be the one I will work for if hired. The phone interview lasted about an hour and a couple days after I was invited to the on-site interview in Boston. On-site interview lasted about 4-5 hours. First, i was take by the HR for pre-screening and complete an application form and write an short essay about why I want to work for Liberty. Then I was brought to 3 different managers and one employee to continue one-on-one interview, each lasted 20-30 min. During lunch, two other recent hired actuarial students brought me to lunch at a local deli, aiming to answer my questions. After finishing interviewing with all the scheduled managers and employees, they showed me out the building.

Interview Questions

Actuarial Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was given a phone interview for actuarial analyst trainee position. Was asked mostly behavioral questions such as "what are your greatest strengths," "what was the project that you are most proud of," etc. The interviewer was very nice, but no offer was made.

Interview Questions

Actuarial Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2011.

Interview Details – Mine was a basic phone interview. Why Liberty Mutual, Why Actuarial Science, What qualities do you think one candidate should have... ect.

Interview Question – how to deal with miscommunication   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance Actuarial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.