Liberty Mutual Insurance

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

The hiring process from beginning to end was about 3 months. 1st round standard phone interview sweeping the resume. They flew me in for an in person second round interview. There were four hours of behavioral questions, and only two technical questions between four different Fellows. It seemed like a good opportunity, but I didn't fit in to the dry culture.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time when you lacked information but were able to carry on with the specific task at hand?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

phone screening and on-site in Boston office. The company was very quick to book hotel and flight for me on the phone. On the interview day, we had 5-6 candidates interviewing together. i met about 8 people. They are quite friendly and professional. No too difficult questions. good to hear the company offers career mobility within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2013.

Passed the first round phone interview and went to Boston for on-site in Nov 2013. Meet four actuaries ,one HR and two actuarial students during lunch interview. Last from 8:00 am to around 3:30 pm. I applied through our university career web and got phone interview in Oct, and the next day they invited me to have on site. Offered accommodation and air tickets. It's a great exp anyway.

Interview Questions
    • There are two P&C insurance companies, so how do you define which should hold more capital than the other?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

I put in application during the campus recruitment in October 2012 and in January 2013 was contact by the company for a phone interview. The phone screening lasted 50 minutes and it was conducted by an Assistant Actuary. The questions were mostly about my backgrounds in the resume without any behavior questions. I thought I did a fair good job but the interviewer sounded disinterested mostly.

Then 2 weeks after that I was reached out by the HR for an on-site interview in 4 weeks time. The agenda was sent to me in the week of the interview. On the day there were 5 rounds of interviews, 4 out which with actuaries and 1 with HR. The day started with a writing sample test and talk from the senior actuary. There were also 2 very friendly Actuarial Students taking me around and for lunch. The interviews with actuaries were mostly about past work experience in great details and some standard questions again such as 'why actuarial science' 'why us' and 'why Boston'. The interview with HR was mostly behavioral and about my expectation of the internship. The overall experience was very pleasant and time went much faster than I thought, partly because the people I talked to were all very nice and loved to share their own stories.

Liberty Mutual got back to me very quickly after the interview about my result and I was told that I had been offered the internship.

Interview Questions
    • How is insurance product different from other commodity/financial product?   Answer Question
    I was given 5 weeks time span to make my final call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

I applied through the company website in December 2012 and was contacted by HR in February 2013. I was first interviewed by an Associate Actuary though phone. She went through my resume and asked some questions about it. Then I was asked about some behavioral questions about leadership or teamwork. I did not behave well and did not go into the second round of on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keene, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

I applied online. I was contacted about a month later for a phone interview. The phone interviewer was very nice, but it was the most difficult phone interview that I have had. There was basic resume review questions, behavioral questions and a significant number of questions about the roles of an actuary and the exam process. A few days later I was contacted for an on-site interview. I live a ways from the office, but corporate travel arranged my flight, a car to and from the airport, a hotel for the evening. It was a very positive experience. The interview day was a full day. It began with a presentation on the actuarial program, then I had to write a writing sample on why I wanted the position, then there were five 1:1 interviews, with a break for lunch with two actuarial students. It was a very full day, but I enjoyed it. I got a great feeling about the work environment, everyone seemed very friendly and positive.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main roles of an actuary?
      What is a time when you made a mistake?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2010.

This was my first interview in the actuarial field. People were professional and friendly. While I had done my research about the company and profession I was still a little naive. I took a lot of time to ponder answers; I wanted to give great answers instead of good answers. My experience with them was good. I just was not in the interviewing groove.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you needed to be a good listener?   Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!